The Student Room Group

Black lives matter storm runway

Scroll to see replies

Should be sued and forced to pay the airport's lost revenue.
They're clearly forgetting that social change doesn't happen because a tiny minority cause problems for everyone else... social change will only happen if there is a wider societal call for it - which means if people want to fight for a cause they need to rally support and get people on side, which you don't do by ruining people's holidays.

Racism is a problem in the UK and in our institutions, nowhere near the extent that it is in the US and luckily we don't all carry around guns exacerbating the situation (although armed police are increasing in numbers) but I can see why people want to challenge it. However piggy backing on a movement which is focusing on something so much more severe than the UK situation just makes them look a bit pathetic. This climate change thing is just bizarre, climate change is not about race... okay perhaps poor countries are more severely affected, those relying on subsistance farming and those in areas where dangerous weather conditions are caused - but those people are not solely black and climate change isn't happening because white people are sat at home going 'haha I'll turn on all my lights cos it will only affect black people so I don't care'... people in more economically developed countries are causing climate change more than those is less developed places and will probably suffer less for any changes that happen as we have the tech to overcome many problems but I'll guarantee all those protesters still leave the odd light on and contribute to the UK's emissions. The people dying in the Med thing is also crazy, those people are refugees and economic migrants, they are not fleeing climate change, they are also breaking the law, knowingly risking their lives and trying to shortcut the proper system - I'm not saying the current asylum system is moral or right but it has nothing to do with climate change.
Original post by doodle_333
They're clearly forgetting that social change doesn't happen because a tiny minority cause problems for everyone else... social change will only happen if there is a wider societal call for it - which means if people want to fight for a cause they need to rally support and get people on side, which you don't do by ruining people's holidays.

Racism is a problem in the UK and in our institutions, nowhere near the extent that it is in the US and luckily we don't all carry around guns exacerbating the situation (although armed police are increasing in numbers) but I can see why people want to challenge it. However piggy backing on a movement which is focusing on something so much more severe than the UK situation just makes them look a bit pathetic. This climate change thing is just bizarre, climate change is not about race... okay perhaps poor countries are more severely affected, those relying on subsistance farming and those in areas where dangerous weather conditions are caused - but those people are not solely black and climate change isn't happening because white people are sat at home going 'haha I'll turn on all my lights cos it will only affect black people so I don't care'... people in more economically developed countries are causing climate change more than those is less developed places and will probably suffer less for any changes that happen as we have the tech to overcome many problems but I'll guarantee all those protesters still leave the odd light on and contribute to the UK's emissions. The people dying in the Med thing is also crazy, those people are refugees and economic migrants, they are not fleeing climate change, they are also breaking the law, knowingly risking their lives and trying to shortcut the proper system - I'm not saying the current asylum system is moral or right but it has nothing to do with climate change.

Agree with you 100%, they seem completely clueless about what they are actually protesting against.
Original post by WBZ144
Most of the people in that picture are White.

Who says you have to be black to be a victim. Racist much?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Who says you have to be black to be a victim. Racist much?

You claimed that they were using BLM to claim victimhood, which implies they're Black.
Original post by WBZ144
You claimed that they were using BLM to claim victimhood, which implies they're Black.

Why are you being racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WBZ144
Meh, I support Black Lives Matter in the US but why are they here too? When was the last time a police officer killed someone in the UK, 2011? And it led to insane riots. This lot sounds extra.

This.

And the guy killed was a gangsta ffs, if you lead that life then it's your own fault.
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Why are you being racist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yawn:
I just realised that someone edited the Title of my thread.

Who has the balls?
selfhating leftists

they should spend a week in Calais if they care about the illegal migrants so much, rather than blocking runways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5y4kDUbEKw
Original post by WBZ144
:yawn:

Assuming Black Lives Matter fight for the rights of black people is now racist.

Gee. That renders almost any discussion on the topic null and void. Let's pack our bags, then, shall we
Just going to confuse people about what you're protesting about if you try rebranding your direct action climate change protest as an American black civil rights group.
Original post by 1010marina
Assuming Black Lives Matter fight for the rights of black people is now racist.

Gee. That renders almost any discussion on the topic null and void. Let's pack our bags, then, shall we

Why are you being racist.
Original post by Vividly clear
This right here is Middle-class white people claiming to represent poor and impoverished black people & claim their issue is air pollution.

Air Pollution, not the alarming rates of fatherlessness in the black community, or the massive amount of welfare requirements they have or the soaring rates of stabbing and school exclusion from black youth in the ghetto.

No, it's air pollution.

Give me a break

The fact that black men abandon their children is clearly the fault of white people. To suggest otherwise is racist in the extreme.
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Why are you being racist.

Stop being transphobic :angry:
Original post by Joinedup
Just going to confuse people about what you're protesting about if you try rebranding your direct action climate change protest as an American black civil rights group.

'Say no to fracking because black lives matter!'
I am a lad on the internet and I think that them disrupting flights is useless and counter productive. Surely in that group there are people who are as smart or smarter than me and would know this wtf?? Attention seeking?

If they want to help they should open youth clubs for kids, and schemes to prevent them from hanging out with the wrong crowd? Or am I just crazy?????????
Sellafield safety worries..."say no to nuclear energy because black lives matter"!😳
The BLM movement in the UK seems intent on stirring something up.
A young black male living in this country is more likely to be killed by another black male than a police officer.
Obviously this won't be acknowledged by people behind groups like BLM since it involves admitting that there are intrinsic cultural factors that contribute to this phenomenon. It's always far easier to remain in denial and blame something else.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RivalPlayer
The BLM movement in the UK seems intent on stirring something up.
A young black male living in this country is more likely to be killed by another black male than a police officer.

Same in the US (Source)

Original post by RivalPlayer

Obviously this won't be acknowledged by people behind groups like BLM since it involves admitting that there are intrinsic cultural factors that contribute to this phenomenon. It's always far easier to remain in denial and blame something else.

That's because BLM is fundamentally full of ****. You're correct, BLM activists would rather focus on blacks being killed by coppers rather than blacks being killed by other blacks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending