The Student Room Group

What did you do with your first salary?

I was officially paid for the first time so I'm just going to count it as my first every salary. I plan on making a money tree with it for my parents lol :colondollar:

Idk if my first salary I got while working technically probably illegally underage where we told any government people I was just "helping out" counts but if it does then my first salary got spent on steam.

If not, my first salary... got spent on steam. ****.
Reply 2
Spent it of course, what else :lol:
Spent it on some chive flavoured pretzels :colondollar: and felt ill after eating too much:emo:
Save the money on a high-risk portfolio. I'm young so I can afford to take some risks and not be overly conservative.
Paid my mum back for my bus fare and renewed my passport :laugh:
Some went on bills, also shopped on clothes and food and the rest I saved

Posted from TSR Mobile
i spent it ALL

literally for the first two years every penny i made i spent on everything and anything, even things that i didn't need. everyone was telling me that i was a spendthrift but i didn't care. its only when i lost my job and looked into my bank and saw that I had £0 in savings that it hit me how much I had wasted my money. Couldn't sell any of the stuff i bought because i didn't buy anything valuable. always try to spend a little and save a lot
spent it all on records (vinyl)
Bought a smartphone by myself.

I was 16 when I got paid my first salary and it was ~£450 for the month on a 12 hour contract at a phone store. Used £350 to buy a phone outright aha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by porschelover
spent it all on records (vinyl)

Oohh which ones?

Original post by Princepieman
Bought a smartphone by myself.

I was 16 when I got paid my first salary and it was ~£450 for the month on a 12 hour contract at a phone store. Used £350 to buy a phone outright aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's actually quite impressive.
Original post by Blue Butterfly

That's actually quite impressive.

Was OK, made ~£700-800 at the new phone company I switched to when I turned 17, and that was 16 hrs a week.

Either way, if you can sell stuff, I would recommend it as a job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blue Butterfly
I was officially paid for the first time so I'm just going to count it as my first every salary. I plan on making a money tree with it for my parents lol :colondollar:

When I was working during my studies - on my first smartphone back in 2009.

When I got my first full time job after university - My first mortgage payment.

Being grown up isn't easy to say the least.
Original post by coffeestar
Save the money on a high-risk portfolio. I'm young so I can afford to take some risks and not be overly conservative.

How did you create that? Did you use a stockbroker?
It would have been back in 2005 (part time wages), I gave it to Mum, she used to save it for me.
For bills mostly.
Reply 16
Saving up money for PS4, but... things didn't go like I wanted to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending