The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Insurance accommodation

Hi there, I'll be attending my first year at lboro as an insurance student and I'm scared for what accommodation i'll end up receiving as we are not given priority over it :frown: So i was wondering if any 2nd year insurance students at loughborough have anything to say about where they were put and how it was and how long it took. (im more scared for this than results day lol)
The accommodation office says all offers of accommodation should be made by this Friday (9th). I wondered whether any insurance students have heard anything yet? That will be four weeks since results day - the wait is far too long.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Just got my offer for david collett.
Reply 3
Original post by Barney6262

Ah, I saw some people get put into David Collett too on facebook. still haven't received anything, i guess that means they're finding places for me (and those who haven't received) still. Is it an en suite you got?
Reply 4
Original post by SpringfieldKid
The accommodation office says all offers of accommodation should be made by this Friday (9th). I wondered whether any insurance students have heard anything yet? That will be four weeks since results day - the wait is far too long.

Ikr the wait is so long :/ I could've been in a different uni with accommodation by now lol. Some people got accommodation today, i still haven't got anything.
The accommodation office says all offers of accommodation should be made by this Friday (9th). I wondered whether any insurance students have heard anything yet? That will be four weeks since results day -wait is far too long.

Yeah I haven't heard anything yet either, they said it's taking longer because of the bank holiday
Original post by Barney6262

Was that one of your preferences?
Original post by Michaelj99
Ah, I saw some people get put into David Collett too on facebook. still haven't received anything, i guess that means they're finding places for me (and those who haven't received) still. Is it an en suite you got?

I put catered ensuite for all of my preference choices but got given standard catered. So I assume that's all they have left?
Still waiting.
Still waiting. I guess it's going to be the last possible day (tomorrow) now. Anyone else heard?
Reply 10
Still waiting. I guess it's going to be the last possible day (tomorrow) now. Anyone else heard?

Still haven't gotten it and they said by 2pm lmao this is actually becoming a joke. Watch even if I do get an email it will be "oh sorry we'll tell you next week" or "sorry go find accommodation by yourself"
Just rang them. It seems "by 2pm" actually means "at 2pm". I'll probably scream if the email is not an offer or is another delay. What a ridiculous system.
Now had an email saying they'll make offers by 15th September. Absolutely unbelievable!
Reply 13
Now had an email saying they'll make offers by 15th September. Absolutely unbelievable!

I'm pissed tbh watch how we get temporary accommodation or some ****, I don't get why we have to struggle when we're the ones who actually CHOSE the uni. I could've gone through clearing by now tbh
Completely agree.
Hi everyone

I've been in touch with accommodation and they have provided the following statement:

"We do appreciate that this is a stressful time for both students and parents and endeavour to keep students updated on the current situation. We are still in the process of allocating rooms to insurance students on a daily basis as rooms are becoming back available. Over 2/3rds of insurance students have now been offered accommodation. Please rest assured that we are working hard to ensure that all students are allocated a room as soon as possible. We have advised all insurance students that no student will need to be referred into town this year."

Hope this is helpful - fingers crossed you'll all get your offers soon :smile:

Amy
Thanks Amy. The truth at last. Why could they not just say that there are no rooms left now, apart from those becoming back available? They say they have a formula for allocating rooms, but it's a strange formula that gives catered accommodation to those who want self catered, whilst those who really want catered end up with nothing. Every step of the way has been very dubious, to say the least. They need a new way of doing things which is fairer and more logical. Someone on Facebook says that last year he found out his accommodation on the day of arrival, on his way to the University. Madness!
Reply 17
Completely agree.

I got accommodation finally but I have to share a room with someone which I'm not looking forward too :/ I just really feel uncomfortable sharing rooms with someone + like aniexty i suffer from and stuff D:
Finally recieved an offer, too. So sorry you're not happy with yours Michaelj99. Is it Butler? They say that the warden is very good at matching similar people, and on the positive side, it's a ready made friend and it's on campus. Can you go on a transfer list if you're not happy? It will probably be better than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending