The Student Room Group

Is the Moritz Heyman scholarship in addition to the standard Oxford bursary?

Hi there,

I've received an invitation to join the Moritz Heyman scholarship, which offers £3700 bursary and tuition fee reduction. The standard Oxford bursary is £3700. If I accept the Moritz Heyman, will I receive the Oxford bursary in addition to it? (i.e. £3700 plus £3700 plus fee reduction) Or does the Moritz Heyman roll it into one?
Original post by Franconite
Hi there,

I've received an invitation to join the Moritz Heyman scholarship, which offers £3700 bursary and tuition fee reduction. The standard Oxford bursary is £3700. If I accept the Moritz Heyman, will I receive the Oxford bursary in addition to it? (i.e. £3700 plus £3700 plus fee reduction) Or does the Moritz Heyman roll it into one?

It depends on the scholarship but sometimes they can be held in addition to the Oxford Bursaries. At least, when I started back in 2011 I had an Eliahou Dangoor scholarship for first year plus the Oxford Bursary and a supplement bursary from Christ Church. However, the value of the Moritz Heyman scholarship being so high, it might be that they are mutually exclusive... There's usually an email address to contact which you could direct queries to? Congrats on being offered the scholarship!
Original post by brendan.
It depends on the scholarship but sometimes they can be held in addition to the Oxford Bursaries. At least, when I started back in 2011 I had an Eliahou Dangoor scholarship for first year plus the Oxford Bursary and a supplement bursary from Christ Church. However, the value of the Moritz Heyman scholarship being so high, it might be that they are mutually exclusive... There's usually an email address to contact which you could direct queries to? Congrats on being offered the scholarship!

You should get an Oxford Bursary as well. Moritz Heyman is an 'enhanced award' - it is worth a bit more and you also get invitations to some nice events. Recipients of MH are expected to complete at least one internship - but this is something Oxford students generally want to do anyway and the MH team have a budget to assist placements and so if you plan on doing an internship during one of the vacations, this is another good reason to accept the award.

We generally refer student queries about bursaries to Oxford University Student Fees and Funding
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/fees-and-funding?wssl=1
If you need help getting in touch for any reason, feel free to email us at [email protected] and we will send you alternative phone contact numbers

Brasenose admissions
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
You should get an Oxford Bursary as well. Moritz Heyman is an 'enhanced award' - it is worth a bit more and you also get invitations to some nice events. Recipients of MH are expected to complete at least one internship - but this is something Oxford students generally want to do anyway and the MH team have a budget to assist placements and so if you plan on doing an internship during one of the vacations, this is another good reason to accept the award.

I want to clear up some confusion. You won't get an Oxford Bursary on top on the Moritz Heyman scholarship. The latter replaces the former. But, if you aren't selected for Moritz Heyman or turn it down, then of course you would get the Oxford Bursary. I'm not sure why you're saying otherwise.

Unlike what @Franconite says, you can't get £3700 plus £3700 plus fee reduction.
[QUOTE=9872310984;67483070]I want to clear up some confusion. You won't get an Oxford Bursary on top on the Moritz Heyman scholarship. The latter replaces the former. But, if you aren't selected for Moritz Heyman or turn it down, then of course you would get the Oxford Bursary. I'm not sure why you're saying otherwise.

Unlike what @Franconite says, you can't get £3700 plus £3700 plus fee reduction.

You are right. We got this one wrong. Sorry for the confusion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending