The Student Room Group

Application processing/ returning evidence HELP

2 weeks ago I sent off my declaration form, Original birth certificate with the birth/ adoption certificate form. Also there was a problem where the wrong date of birth was given for my mother on her online account and we forgot the password, so I called student finance and the man said that she should post a copy of the PFF2 form along with her original birth certificate to show her correct date of birth. So in the package I sent off to Darlington, by registered post was the following:

Declaration form

My original birth certificate

Birth/ Adoption certificate form

PFF2 form

My mothers original birth certificate (with a note explaining why it was sent)

The package arrived in Darlington the day after I sent it. A few days later my online account showed that they received my declaration form, my birth certificate was sent back to me and I recently received 2 letters telling me that the countersignature on the birth certificate form is unacceptable due to their occupation. This is fine and can easily be solved.

The problem is that my mother’s birth certificate has not been returned and there has been no acknowledgement of the PFF2 form. When I log into my account it is showing that my mother still needs to send off her financial details to support my application. As I said before, we cannot log into my mother’s account as we forgot her password and secret answer. I have called student finance 3 times over the past few days and I’m just left waiting for over 10 minutes; I cannot get through to anyone to discuss this and I barely have any credit left to call (no landline).

My mum needs her birth certificate returned ASAP and I need my application to be processed so I can get my entitlement letter for enrolment, which is in 2 weeks.
Original post by OptimusNick
2 weeks ago I sent off my declaration form, Original birth certificate with the birth/ adoption certificate form. Also there was a problem where the wrong date of birth was given for my mother on her online account and we forgot the password, so I called student finance and the man said that she should post a copy of the PFF2 form along with her original birth certificate to show her correct date of birth. So in the package I sent off to Darlington, by registered post was the following:

Declaration form

My original birth certificate

Birth/ Adoption certificate form

PFF2 form

My mothers original birth certificate (with a note explaining why it was sent)

The package arrived in Darlington the day after I sent it. A few days later my online account showed that they received my declaration form, my birth certificate was sent back to me and I recently received 2 letters telling me that the countersignature on the birth certificate form is unacceptable due to their occupation. This is fine and can easily be solved.

The problem is that my mother’s birth certificate has not been returned and there has been no acknowledgement of the PFF2 form. When I log into my account it is showing that my mother still needs to send off her financial details to support my application. As I said before, we cannot log into my mother’s account as we forgot her password and secret answer. I have called student finance 3 times over the past few days and I’m just left waiting for over 10 minutes; I cannot get through to anyone to discuss this and I barely have any credit left to call (no landline).

My mum needs her birth certificate returned ASAP and I need my application to be processed so I can get my entitlement letter for enrolment, which is in 2 weeks.

Are you going to a local university or one you could travel to for the day? If so then visiting the student services/support team would be worthwhile - they will usually phone up SFE with you and will often be able to help get good answers from SFE (and pay for the phone call).
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you going to a local university or one you could travel to for the day? If so then visiting the student services/support team would be worthwhile - they will usually phone up SFE with you and will often be able to help get good answers from SFE (and pay for the phone call).

Yes, my uni is local. So how do I go about doing that...do I just contact the university to let them know I would like to come in for that reason?
Original post by OptimusNick
Yes, my uni is local. So how do I go about doing that...do I just contact the university to let them know I would like to come in for that reason?

Have a look on their website for the details of their student funding/student support team and ask if you can come in and visit (explain you're having financial problems with SFE and you need their help).
Reply 4
I will definitely give this a try. Thank you so much for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending