The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 2 As in my maths and further maths and a B in my physics.I want to apply for Lse's business maths or Economics with Maths because I'm interested in both economics and maths.I based my EPQ on Economics and did a internship about investing this summer.I wonder if that's okay for me to apply for Lse.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Timlcky
I got 2 As in my maths and further maths and a B in my physics.I want to apply for Lse's business maths or Economics with Maths because I'm interested in both economics and maths.I based my EPQ on Economics and did a internship about investing this summer.I wonder if that's okay for me to apply for Lse.

bro if you get that a* prediction in maths at least and do a banging personal statement you should be fine :smile:
Anyone want to start a group chat? I don't have any other LSE applicants in my school
Reply 23
Hi, I have 9A's 2B's at GCSE (B in Mathematics) and I have finished my first gap year. I'm currently considering to take another gap year as my aim is to get into LSE or UCL. My first set of A-Level results was BCC in Economics, Chemistry and Mathematics respectively. I decided to take a gap year which started in September 2015 and I have now received my A-Level results as A*BB with the A* in Mathematics and B's in Chemistry & Economics respectively (I am 6 UMS away from an A in chemistry so I am remarking all my modules). I am looking to apply for a Management course at LSE which is AAA. I will resit one Chemistry exam and 2-3 Economics exams in the 2nd gap year in addition to being predicted A*A*A with the A*'s in Mathematics and Economics. As a general question, do you think that I am good enough to get into the Management course ? Am I also good enough for any other courses at LSE ? I am mainly heading towards Economics, Finance and Management but not Political related courses. I am still 18 years of age but I'm turning 19 at the end of August so my age is something to also consider. Please let me know what you think, thanks.
Reply 24
Original post by Danllo

You could resit your A levels in November 2016 and you would have your results before the January 15th cutoff. You won't need predicted results.

CIE Board releases results on 10 January 2017. Not sure about other boards.

November 2016 series 10 January 2017
In my AS levels I got
Maths - A
Economics - B
Religious studies - A
English lit - A
just wondering if I would receive any offers for economics (A* in maths,A,A) or economics & philosophy (A,A,A) or should I not bother?
Is anyone applying for International Relations here? I don't have any work experience because I don't know what to do for it. If any current students/ future applicants could help it would be appreciated, thanks!
Reply 27
Original post by gazebo99
Is anyone applying for International Relations here? I don't have any work experience because I don't know what to do for it. If any current students/ future applicants could help it would be appreciated, thanks!

Pretty sure you can apply to the European Youth Parliament or something similar available in your area.
Original post by Sophie31289
In my AS levels I got
Maths - A
Economics - B
Religious studies - A
English lit - A
just wondering if I would receive any offers for economics (A* in maths,A,A) or economics & philosophy (A,A,A) or should I not bother?

I would say go for it, your grades look very good. Just make sure you are predicted AAA or higher for A2. Well done!
Reply 29
I do the IB and looking to apply for History. Got decent GCSE's 1A* 7A's 3B's but I went to failing school. Now I go to a top Grammar and expected to better. Am on course (I think) to get 38 predicted which is what I need to meet the requirements.
Reply 30
Im doing a diploma right now and looking to apply for finance. I get mostly A in math/finance/investment related subject, but some B for my ITand two accounting subjects.
The requirements for overseas diploma is not fixed so im worried.
I am applying for economics ( L101 ) . I don't do A levels because I am from Romania but to give you an idea I've got those grades at:Math -9.0/10
Computer Science-9.5/10
Economics-9.0/10
English-10/10
Reply 32
Original post by DanArthur
I am applying for economics ( L101 ) . I don't do A levels because I am from Romania but to give you an idea I've got those grades at:Math -9.0/10
Computer Science-9.5/10
Economics-9.0/10
English-10/10

Uite aici : pentru economie iti cere A*AA cu MATHS A*, deci 9 media la BAC si cel putin 9 la mate.
Original post by Lanthum
Uite aici : pentru economie iti cere A*AA cu MATHS A*, deci 9 media la BAC si cel putin 9 la mate.

I am well informed mate . I just put my last year grades because those are the ones that LSE is going to look into .
(Stiu foarte bine , man.Am pus notele din clasa a 11-a pentru ca la alea o sa se uite LSE ca sa vada daca imi pun cerinte pt BAC sau ma resping ).
For anyone wanting to apply to LSE, please realise that there is no definitive, guaranteed formula that will ensure you get an offer. When my son applied, there were people with similar and better GCSE results who did not get an offer. Some people were told that their PS was not strong enough or that their GCSEs were not good enough.

Do plenty of research about what LSE wants from its students and make sure that your PS is unique and individual. You can apply to up to 5 universities through UCAS so make sure you have a broad range of choices. If you want LSE, then go for it.
Reply 35
Original post by JamjamjamT
For anyone wanting to apply to LSE, please realise that there is no definitive, guaranteed formula that will ensure you get an offer. When my son applied, there were people with similar and better GCSE results who did not get an offer. Some people were told that their PS was not strong enough or that their GCSEs were not good enough.

Do plenty of research about what LSE wants from its students and make sure that your PS is unique and individual. You can apply to up to 5 universities through UCAS so make sure you have a broad range of choices. If you want LSE, then go for it.

This is pretty much what I've seen. I did a lot of research and everyone agrees that the PS is what gets you in or not.
Reply 36
Original post by JamjamjamT

I have also heard about this before, but Im worried about my ps because I dont have anyone to proofread it for me as in my currently college, some lectures think that its hard to get into LSE and is pointless to proofread it for me.
HI there,
I'm planning to apply for LSE A&F this year, got Aaab in AL Math,AS Economics, AS Physics and AS History respectively. Currently doing Furthur Math, Economics and Physics this year. Know that a PS in depth is required, and my grades meet the requirement but it ain't competitive. Do want to know the chances of getting in, as it's pretty much my target school.
Also really worried about linking accounting to my PS, somebody plez give me an idea where can I get clear information for it.

So stressed right now, all replies are appreciated!!!

Original post by redwhiteandbrit
Hi All!

I'm sure you're all incredibly clever clogs, but during application process for me the LSE website was a godsend - accurate and informative stuff about what they look for.

In other words, though a bit of deciphering is required in some places, it details how to structure the statement and application on the whole to maximise chances of acceptance.

I'm a current conditional firm applicant for 2016, anxiously awaiting results :eek: but if any of you have questions, or if you have anything you want to talk about, PM me :smile:

As I said, i'm sure you're all clever enough to work this out, but use the open day! LSE isn't for everyone.

If you do decide to apply (which I do recommend!) then use summer to read around the subject, draft a solid personal statement (esp. if applying for Oxbridge as well) and try and find friends in upper years to read through it :wink:

Put in the work now, and reap the rewards! Best of luck to you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
Original post by shawcalvinshaw
HI there,
I'm planning to apply for LSE A&F this year, got Aaab in AL Math,AS Economics, AS Physics and AS History respectively. Currently doing Furthur Math, Economics and Physics this year. Know that a PS in depth is required, and my grades meet the requirement but it ain't competitive. Do want to know the chances of getting in, as it's pretty much my target school.
Also really worried about linking accounting to my PS, somebody plez give me an idea where can I get clear information for it.

So stressed right now, all replies are appreciated!!!

What do you mean by "really worried about linking accounting to my PS" ?
You are supposed to do 50/50 since it's a combined course. 50% Accounting and 50% Finance
Reply 39
I'm currently taking a 2nd gap year and my current grades are A*BB in Mathematics, Economics and Chemistry. I am retaking Economics and Chemistry and I'm predicted A*A*A in Maths, Economics and Chemistry or 3 A*s perhaps. I am planning to apply for LSE Management and I have 9As and 2Bs at GCSE. Along with a strong personal statement and referencedo you think I have a shot ? Please can someone give me advice.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest