The Student Room Group

Can I take an A2 without the AS? Should I do IB certificates

Hi all,

I'm moving to a different college next year and restarting year 12. I will have to study it on my own.
Last year I did the IB, taking Latin at higher level. Since this was only for 1 year, I do not have a qualification but I am easily above AS level language. I will have studied different literature for my exams so i wouldn't be familiar with the AS texts.

But really, would it be allowed for me to just start A2 Latin privately with AS level experience but no solid qualification? Or would it be a better use of time for me to just finish the IB certificate in one year?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by Victoriaaaa
Hi all,

I'm moving to a different college next year and restarting year 12. I will have to study it on my own.
Last year I did the IB, taking Latin at higher level. Since this was only for 1 year, I do not have a qualification but I am easily above AS level language. I will have studied different literature for my exams so i wouldn't be familiar with the AS texts.

But really, would it be allowed for me to just start A2 Latin privately with AS level experience but no solid qualification? Or would it be a better use of time for me to just finish the IB certificate in one year?

What you're asking doesn't quite make sense, A2 is a continuation of AS. What you can do is learn just the A2 parts and then sit both the AS and A2 exams at the same time, where you won't need to do any studying for AS since you've already mastered it, you will still need to sit the exams though.

Quick Reply

Latest