The Student Room Group

Number of migrants claiming benefits in Germany surged by 169 percent from 2014-2015

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Great stuff!!

Spoiler

its pretty sad that you spend your evenings trying to incriminate immigrants/Muslims on a student forum
Reply 3
I'm wondering why engineers, lawyers and doctors need benefits.
It's understandable that they take handouts for some time, but we must understand that lots will probably find no motivation to get a job, because these handouts may give them better living conditions than work in their countries of origin.

Btw. you can tell by this behaviour, such man is a slyboots:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvstCDSQzeE

For the similar reasons, people from some places may consider European prisons to be something like rather comfortable all-inclusive hotels.

I would like to remind to you, that in Poland social handouts are extremely low, and none were given to illegals, and thousands of Vietnamese people lived in Poland illegally for years. Still, they worked somehow, often for an equivalent of 2 pences per hour. They are hard working and peaceful, so a couple of years ago after an immigration amnesty, most of them legallised their residency. Lots of them advanced to middle class. Others work in trade, gastronomy, production, pretty much everything, and they're doing pretty well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
There's actually a team of us using this account. That's why our posts often sound very different.

One of us puts a lot of effort in his posts; another puts very little in, but agrees with the first guy; another who also puts very little effort in, but who disagrees with the first guy; and then another guy who only trolls.

yeah, right
I cannot believe that you saw through that!

Clearly, you are even greater than you give yourself credit for.

Its actually me, Nigel Farage.

joke around all you want, but we both know its because you can't defend a discriminatory argument on the basis that less than 1% of those you're discriminating actually deserve it

Less than 1%?

Oh so you're going to go around arresting/killing Muslims because of their opinions? The very type of Orwellian thought-police state that you propose is ironically far worse than what the Islamist extremists are trying to achieve.

As far as I know, 'holding a radical belief' is not a problem, find me a poll which shows that x large % of Muslims would willingly participate in terrorist attacks and then I'll be worried. The largest Gallup poll of any Muslim population in the world (35,000) found that 93% do not condone terrorist attacks, and of the 7% who do, 100% of them think its only justifiable for political purposes. Many of the Muslims polled in your stupid polls have lived under Islamic governments their entire lives and do not even know western culture, so obviously their thoughts will be positive towards things which oppose American failed foreign policy . You've failed to acknowledge this completely. And I haven't even started on those sources, some are from 6 years ago and the dynamic of attitudes towards terrorism and Islam have changed so much in the last 3 years, its strange that only two of those polls (from a skim-read) are from 2013+.

And regardless of that, I was talking specifically about the immigrants, you keep on whinging about them taking benefits or being arrested - but realistically its an excessively tiny fraction of them causing the problem. Our own native population causes the exact same problems at a much more frequent rate, but apparently the foreigners are the only ones worthy of criticism in your racist eyes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Eh? When have I proposed that? Or do you not know what that word means?

And that's where millions of refugees to Europe are coming from!

Well done, actually a valid criticism. It doesn't include the more recent surveys, e.g. the one for Channel 4 news. The source is in here, feel free to dissect it. https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/7861/british-muslims-survey

So was I.

"Keep on"? I can't recall posting more than two threads (both today or yesterday) related to those issues.

Do you even understand what rate means? There are more natives than moslems, so obviously more natives commit crimes than moslems. But the crime rate (crimes per capita) among moslems is higher.

So, I shouldn't criticise moslems who simply hold radical beliefs? Then why are you criticising me for my even less radical beliefs?

I'm criticising you because perpetual whinging about immigrants and incriminating them all as if they are all bad is unwarranted.

And I would like you to prove that the crime rate is higher within the immigrant category.

I also want you to explain why an entire community is worth criticising when a tiny amount cause problems, and when the vast majority are perfectly good people.

Probably ought to add Breitbart's source, because we all know it's one of the "most dishonest medias in the western world"!

http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/DE/2016/05/pks-und-pmk-2015.html

*report from German Interior Ministry

Less than 1%?

What percentage of Westerners support American state terrorism, intervention, funding of fundamentalists and regime change in the Middle East?

Would love to have comparative statistics and see how many in the West have been brainwashed and radicalised.
4080465940_d4459180e8_z.jpg
Original post by Inzamam99
What percentage of Westerners support American state terrorism, intervention, funding of fundamentalists and regime change in the Middle East?

Would love to have comparative statistics and see how many in the West have been brainwashed and radicalised.

Very little people realize this actually.
Murdering people for drawing some caricatures is much simplier case, than political (failed) agendas.

The westerners don't know what are they supporting. The muslims probably do, murder for opinion is far simplier to recognize.
Why would the increase in number of benefit claimants be a suprise? isnt it a rather obvious consequence of taking in hundreds of thousands of extra asylum seekers? Im surprised the number isnt higher. In germany funding of the asylum seekers comes from the
Asylum Seekers’ Benefits Act, but in the UK its covered by the Home Oiffice. Cant see what the fuss is about.
Original post by TelAviv
Probably ought to add Breitbart's source, because we all know it's one of the "most dishonest medias in the western world"!

http://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/Pressemitteilungen/DE/2016/05/pks-und-pmk-2015.html

*report from German Interior Ministry

media is already plural :facepalm2: *
Original post by the bear
media is already plural :facepalm2: *

sorry me no speak engrish
"People" is a plural of "person", but it is sometimes correct to refer to "peoples".

I can't find any evidence to support this use for "media", however.

the datas are missing *

You clearly should've done more essay subjects, because you've got no clue about source reliability.

Breitbart is one of the most biased, unreliable, far-right sympathising websites out there.

You're no doubt going to whinge and cry about how its a police crime statistic, but this far-right website is using misleading figures.

402,000 foreigners law violations were recorded, this is all forms of crime, and includes the immigration laws broken by illegal immigrants. The total number of crimes in Germany was 6,300,000. So these immigrants account for just 6.3% of all crimes committed in Germany in 2015.

Its also noteworthy that Breitbart completely ignores the fact that hate attacks on refugee camps increased by 518% from 2014 to 2015. ie 199 attacks to 1031.

Learn to use sources properly buddy
(edited 7 years ago)
So, the illegal immigrants accounted for around 1% of Germany's population, and yet they were responsible for over 6% of crimes. Kind of proves my point about them having a much higher crime rate than the native German population, no?

And at least I provide sources. Where are yours?

assuming that the far-right source is correct and hasn't pulled any more strings to promote its hateful agenda, but I wouldn't expect you to understand, your interpretation of media bias and source reliability is pretty weak, you had the same issue with the FPO yesterday
Reply 19
So, the illegal immigrants accounted for around 1% of Germany's population, and yet they were responsible for over 6% of crimes. Kind of proves my point about them having a much higher crime rate than the native German population, no?

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending