The Student Room Group

Further Maths, Additional Further Maths Advice and Advanced Extension Award Math

Hi,

I'm hoping to self teach both of these A-levels this year. Which units do i need? I heard from people that i only need a total of 15 units however on the website it says 18 i think?. Anyone know?

If it's 18 then there are only a total possible 18 units that Edexcel do right? so i would have to do all of them i guess?

Also what is the difference between Advanced Extension Award Mathematics and Additional Further Math. Are they two separate A-levels or something?

Any help or experience is appreciated thank
Original post by Squishy•
Hi, I'm hoping to self teach both of these A-levels this year. Which units do i need? I heard from people that i only need a total of 15 units however on the website it says 18 i think?. Anyone know? If it's 18 then there are only a total possible 18 units that Edexcel do right? so i would have to do all of them i guess? Also what is the difference between Advanced Extension Award Mathematics and Additional Further Math. Are they two separate A-levels or something? Any help or experience is appreciated thank

You would need to do all 18 modules, which are; C1-C4, FP1-FP3, S1- S4, M1- M5 and D1 and D2

You will receive grades for maths, further maths and further maths (Additional)

The AEA in maths is the advanced extension award, it's another exam which is based on the A level maths syllabus aimed at the top 10% of candidates.
Reply 2
Original post by NotNotBatman
You would need to do all 18 modules, which are; C1-C4, FP1-FP3, S1- S4, M1- M5 and D1 and D2

You will receive grades for maths, further maths and further maths (Additional)

The AEA in maths is the advanced extension award, it's another exam which is based on the A level maths syllabus aimed at the top 10% of candidates.

So it's just an award and doesn't count for an A-level? Is it based on c1-c4 then?
So it's just an award and doesn't count for an A-level? Is it based on c1-c4 then?

Would not suggest doing anything extra unless you need to and have the time. This goes for AFM as well as AEA.
Reply 4

Yes and yes.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Would not suggest doing anything extra unless you need to and have the time. This goes for AFM as well as AEA.

I don't necessarily need to but I have the time
Reply 6
Good luck ; I could barely handle AS further maths
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
Good luck ; I could barely handle AS further maths

Hahahaha
Reply 8
Hahahaha

Got an A by 1ums but off to do my maths degree in like 2 weeks ahhhhh
Reply 9
Original post by fefssdf
Got an A by 1ums but off to do my maths degree in like 2 weeks ahhhhh

Nice, where at?
Nice, where at?

Nottingham
Reply 11
Original post by fefssdf
Nottingham

How many children do you see yourself having?

Quick Reply

Latest