The Student Room Group

starting A2 in 2 days!!!!! -

any advise on studying Biology psychology and sociology
tips?
also will be resitting gcse maths along A2s
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
We do the exact same A-Levels! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by goal101
any advise on studying Biology psychology and sociology
tips?
also will be resitting gcse maths along A2s

revise throughout
The year
Keep your stuff organised
Make notes for every section
What do I need to know for this topic ?
Keep it all together
Personally I made powerpoints for psychology that had everything on them I needed to know. I basically went through my textbook and wrote everything out in summary form minus all the wishy washy stuff :smile: hope that helps ! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by fefssdf
revise throughout
The year
Keep your stuff organised
Make notes for every section
What do I need to know for this topic ?
Keep it all together
Personally I made powerpoints for psychology that had everything on them I needed to know. I basically went through my textbook and wrote everything out in summary form minus all the wishy washy stuff :smile: hope that helps ! :smile:

Ohhh I seee thankyou for your advise, doing ppt seem cool, did you then re write everything when you were learning it and revising ? When did you start doing exam questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ribenas
We do the exact same A-Levels! :biggrin: :biggrin:

That's awesome I just Pm'd you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by goal101
Ohhh I seee thankyou for your advise, doing ppt seem cool, did you then re write everything when you were learning it and revising ? When did you start doing exam questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would basically go through the PowerPoint and cover up the info from each slide and then click to view it and then I could check it over and would keep doing then till I had officially ' learnt ' the content by which time I just wouldn't go over that slide again :smile: in terms of actual hardcore revision that started 3 months before the exams but for my other subjects like maths it was a continual process of revision but with more focus on past papers nearer the exam time :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
I would basically go through the PowerPoint and cover up the info from each slide and then click to view it and then I could check it over and would keep doing then till I had officially ' learnt ' the content by which time I just wouldn't go over that slide again :smile: in terms of actual hardcore revision that started 3 months before the exams but for my other subjects like maths it was a continual process of revision but with more focus on past papers nearer the exam time :smile:

Oooh that seems like a good revision technique because I find writing out all notes takes ages and it's time consuming but then again I'm a visual learner and onlt learn once I write it down I don't want to make the mistake again of taking so much time doing notes and then towards exam time leave notes and use what the teachers gave, because everything becomes too much, I'm stuck in terms of how I should take down notes now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by goal101
Oooh that seems like a good revision technique because I find writing out all notes takes ages and it's time consuming but then again I'm a visual learner and onlt learn once I write it down I don't want to make the mistake again of taking so much time doing notes and then towards exam time leave notes and use what the teachers gave, because everything becomes too much, I'm stuck in terms of how I should take down notes now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use the textbook and the specification. If a topic is something like ' research into intense fandom ' then pick 3 bits of research from the textbook and then come up with 3 evaluation points.

Quick Reply

Latest