The Student Room Group

16-18 photocard

I recently applied for a 16-18 photocard, does that mean I get onto the bus without paying and just show my photocard or I pay and show my photocard?
Yes free bus journey's in London (oh i miss those days) :tongue:
Reply 2
What about in Birmingham ? If anyone knows
Reply 3
Original post by RandomStudent890
Yes free bus journey's in London (oh i miss those days) :tongue:

Ah so you just walked on the bus and showed them that photocard and they let you on
I'm pretty sure the card only works alongside a child pass (i.e Week/Month/Term pass). Don't think you're even allowed to get a child ticket using the card, it only works for passes.
You can use it to get half fare... so essentially show them it and you will pay childs prices.

You can load it with tickets as the above person has said so instead of paying on the bus you pay beforehand and just 'beep' your card on the bus.
Reply 6
Original post by monster8
I recently applied for a 16-18 photocard, does that mean I still have to pay for my bus fare and show my photocard or just show my photocard and get on the bus

Where do you live? If it's in London and you attend a college within London then you'll get a card saying "16+ free travel" that entitles you to free bus and tram travel in London. Otherwise, it will only entitle you to half fares.
Reply 7
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
I'm pretty sure the card only works alongside a child pass (i.e Week/Month/Term pass). Don't think you're even allowed to get a child ticket using the card, it only works for passes.

Would it be worth just buying a student bus pass instead?

and Birmingham
No it's not free. You get cheaper fare. If you're living in Birmingham, you may be able to get a free bus pass from your college. I did for 3 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending