The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ellipses
Hey all, considering applying for a grad role in consulting after a year of big 4 assurance experience. Assessment day useful for these sorts of online tests?

yes, that's the one I am using.
Anyone know if you have to do all the tests (i.e Numerical, verbal, critical) or do they pick one for a certain role? Put my application in for consulting in the actuary service line in deloitte.
Reply 42
Original post by rayhanahad
Anyone know if you have to do all the tests (i.e Numerical, verbal, critical) or do they pick one for a certain role? Put my application in for consulting in the actuary service line in deloitte.

I don't know about actuarial, but I have to take an hour long assessment of these mixed for normal consulting. Oh and that game.

Actuarial grad schemes 2017 thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4222798
KPMG numerical and verbal are outrageous, so time pressured I dont think you're meant to finish and q hard content on top of that
Ive just applied to the Human Capital Consultancy graduate scheme. I've just submitted my application form so I guess it'll be a couple of days before I hear anything back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 45
What kind of consulting is everyone here interested in?
Anyone know what places have strategy consulting internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by groovyd97
Anyone know what places have strategy consulting internships?

Posted from TSR Mobile

the strategy consulting firms, maybe?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Just wondered if anyone knew when would be too late to apply for the big4? do I need to be getting my applications in within the next couple of weeks for EY/KPMG?

Seems like Deloitte has already closed, but anyone know about the other three? - need to practice the tests!
Do any of the strategy arms of the big 4 do consulting internships (other than PWC i think)?
Do any of the strategy arms of the big 4 do consulting internships (other than PWC i think)?

Yeah KPMG allows you to choose the strat group. Deloitte is general. EY-Parthenon has a summer programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 51
Original post by erj2018
Just wondered if anyone knew when would be too late to apply for the big4? do I need to be getting my applications in within the next couple of weeks for EY/KPMG?

Seems like Deloitte has already closed, but anyone know about the other three? - need to practice the tests!

Monitor Deloitte is still open I believe. Just apply asap to the big 4, preferably before the end of Sept.
Reply 52
A lot of consulting companies are now open and more will be throughout this month
Has the kpmg consulting/strategy internship closed already? All the others (tax,audit etc.) are there but I can't find management consulting or strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has the kpmg consulting/strategy internship closed already? All the others (tax,audit etc.) are there but I can't find management consulting or strategy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's called advisory at kpmg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

I got invited to an interview and group exercise for Deloitte consulting. What kinds of group exercises does Deloitte do, and what is invoved in them?

Thanks
Alpha FMC consulting interview :smile:
Original post by Foxab77
Hi guys,

I got invited to an interview and group exercise for Deloitte consulting. What kinds of group exercises does Deloitte do, and what is invoved in them?

Thanks

Hi! Which kind of consulting did you apply for?

I had an email saying that they'd like to invite me to the next stage as I'd passed the tests but still waiting for whats next (ive applied for strategy and operations consulting)
Original post by l.donaldson
Hi! Which kind of consulting did you apply for?

I had an email saying that they'd like to invite me to the next stage as I'd passed the tests but still waiting for whats next (ive applied for strategy and operations consulting)

It was Consulting -Deloitte Summer Vac Scheme 2017 - Consulting (so the 'standard' mgmt consulting one)

Do you know how we can prepare for group exercises?
Oh I see I've applied for a graduate role!

I haven't started researching anything yet about the assessment centre but I've had an internship this summer with the government and we did a practice assessment centre there where we practiced a group exercise so if it's anything like the one we did there you'll be given some literature to read on a topic so I was the environmental committee and another was commercial committee another was the community committee etc and you all have different
Objectives so you need
To show you can communicate well to communicate your personal objective but also meet a consensus showing team work so I imagine it'll be along the same lines where we'll each have a different project we have to brief about and we need to decide the best one as a group

Quick Reply

Latest