The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
It was (confimed: friend started their application), but the link is now gone. Hopefully it comes back up soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn! All firms should give students a clear indication when each programme is opening, its so annoying having to check everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it a good idea to change to the BEng course to apply for spring weeks this year then change back to MEng?
Original post by acontium
Is it a good idea to change to the BEng course to apply for spring weeks this year then change back to MEng?

You don't have to change anything formally until 2nd year or so, just put 2019 as a grad date for spring week applications then if you convert your spring switch to BEng at your uni if you want to go through the whole SW > Summer > Grad funnel.

Otherwise, wait til next year if you really want to do the MEng.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't have to change anything formally until 2nd year or so, just put 2019 as a grad date for spring week applications then if you convert your spring switch to BEng at your uni if you want to go through the whole SW > Summer > Grad funnel.

Otherwise, wait til next year if you really want to do the MEng.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay! Will they ask for proof of my course etc? Just thinking that has MEng on it :smile:
Original post by acontium
Ah okay! Will they ask for proof of my course etc? Just thinking that has MEng on it :smile:

No. And you'd change it to BEng on your CV ofc

You've not technically been put on a confirmed course (i.e. why you have the option to switch now rather than others who don't have that option whatsoever - like Languages students).

Posted from TSR Mobile
No. And you'd change it to BEng on your CV ofc

You've not technically been put on a confirmed course (i.e. why you have the option to switch now rather than others who don't have that option whatsoever - like Languages students).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay, thank you!
Has anyone received a confirmation e-mail after they submitted an application for Credit Suisse?
Do the big 3 management consulting firms have SWs? BCG in particular.
Original post by vanillaboy

no. only insight programs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RWiz
First year at my program who got offer from Barclays doing summer the same year. He/she got it through spring week and is not a member of SEO.

Lets have some clarification on this. Through SEO only just seems wrong on many levels. Barclays currently have said that they have freezed hiring but I have no clue how many undergrads they will actually be taking.
It's not open yet it seems, I received false info.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was open but then it was taken done as there were a few issues online.
Original post by bobb99998
Lets have some clarification on this. Through SEO only just seems wrong on many levels. Barclays currently have said that they have freezed hiring but I have no clue how many undergrads they will actually be taking.

Maybe they're right, but all of the first years that I've heard of have been SEO candidates.

Well, they need to hire.. It's their business model to focus most of their recruiting through the undergrad/masters and MBA funnels because of how low retention is in the industry, so there obviously will still be spots available. Just less overall, vs favourable years.

The hiring freeze largely affects lateral hires more than on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HSBC with them 4 250 word questions lolol
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
HSBC with them 4 250 word questions lolol

Why is that funny? (Don't mean to sound hostile - genuine question :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 774
Anyone heard anything from JPM?
Reply 775
Original post by vanillaboy

Depends where you're looking. UK don't but the Scandinavian offices have equivalents to the UK SW's. Usually week long case/insight/networking events. But beware that these programs are not exclusively for first years, but accepts people from all years
Original post by RWiz
Depends where you're looking. UK don't but the Scandinavian offices have equivalents to the UK SW's. Usually week long case/insight/networking events. But beware that these programs are not exclusively for first years, but accepts people from all years

UK programmes are usually 1-2 days long - with the exception of Mck Horizon which is a week long one but based in Spain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe they're right, but all of the first years that I've heard of have been SEO candidates.

Well, they need to hire.. It's their business model to focus most of their recruiting through the undergrad/masters and MBA funnels because of how low retention is in the industry, so there obviously will still be spots available. Just less overall, vs favourable years.

The hiring freeze largely affects lateral hires more than on campus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed plus less promotions/less seniors being replaced. I will ask around to find out more. Do Barclays really want to employ this hiring practise? Markets are cyclical - what happens when deal activity picks up?
Is HSBC Spring insight open? Thought I read it was but seems to say 2016 on website, thanks 😀
Original post by economicss
Is HSBC Spring insight open? Thought I read it was but seems to say 2016 on website, thanks 😀

It is open. I think just they haven't updated the description. When you go and apply it says 2017.

Latest

Trending

Trending