The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

UCL > warwick
That's probably enough to start an academic WW3.
Reply 3
This is Bu*****it *as always, UCL is ranked way too high and Princeton/Yale should both definitely be within top 10.*
Original post by sfs1012
This is Bu*****it *as always, UCL is ranked way too high and Princeton/Yale should both definitely be within top 10.*

they put UCL ahead of oxford in 2013
looool
Just more proof that KCL > Manchester > Warwick
They don't really rank how good a university is for a student to attend. They seem to rank how the quality of research they produce. UCL has appalling student satisfaction, and wouldn't even be in the top 100 if they took this, and price of living, into account.

The QS world rankings are only much good if you are a funding body or a huge organisation deciding which universities are worth forming partnerships with
Reply 7
Original post by Vividly clear

You're right. It's a conspiracy. The higher echelons of TSR, and all the domestic rankings, are brainwashing us into thinking Warwick is a (world class) institution.

Does it even exist? Funny how nobody knows where it is... even the people who live in Warwick.
KCL 21st

LSE 37th

1454628110283.png
Original post by Turing
You're right. It's a conspiracy. The higher echelons of TSR, and all the domestic rankings, are brainwashing us into thinking Warwick is a (world class) institution.

Does it even exist? Funny how nobody knows where it is...

There are some users on here who think Warwick is actually a decent alternative to Oxbridge.

You can imagine how brainwashed some people are to domestic league tables who use things like feedback quality and student satisfaction to rate universities, where Surrey University is ranked higher than global elite unis like KCL and Manchester

Apparently also KCL>Manchester>lse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abstract_Prism
KCL 21st

LSE 37th

1454628110283.png

Newsflash spongebob

LSE is OVERRATED
Reply 12
There are some users on here who think Warwick is actually a decent alternative to Oxbridge.

You can imagine how brainwashed some people are to domestic league tables who use things like feedback quality and student satisfaction to rate universities, where Surrey University is ranked higher than global elite unis like KCL and Manchester

Name and shame them!

Yeah exactly. Who cares about student satisfaction right? Certainly not us students.
Original post by Turing
Name and shame them!

Yeah exactly. Who cares about student satisfaction right? Certainly not us students.

Just scroll through student threads on TSR and you'll see the worship a university like warwick receive.

Student satisfaction is important but the domestic league seem to think that that's the be all and end all of student rankings.
Newsflash spongebob

LSE is OVERRATED

You like LSE, don't you S̶q̶u̶i̶d̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ @Vividly clear?

786.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
If you click on a university, you'll see their employer and academic rating. I think UCL is high up on this list as it offers quality across a breadth of subjects, where as this is uncertain with other American universities like Yale. I know Yale is acclaimed for humanities, but what about science? LSE loses is out due to lack of breadth in courses. Manchester, well, perhaps we all underrate it. After all, it's a really strong university for science and has many Nobel prize laureates associated with it.

I think it all depends on what makes a good overall university. Obviously, if you're doing science you pick Imperial, and likewise, for economics you'd pick LSE(excluding Oxbridge). But when you factor in UCL, it has (near enough) all the courses those two offer to a similar (but typically lower) standard.

I do think Cambridge is underrated though...

Edit: this is probably the most accurate representation of universities worldwide, as it shows you all the criteria associated with each university and why it's placed there. If you value other factors more than others, well alter the table to your mind's liking and apply to the unis in that order.
(edited 7 years ago)
Also, is ETH Zurich that great? It's ahead of Imperial. I know Einstein went there, but does anybody here know anything much about it?
Durham is 74th :/
How in God's name is a university like Kings in the top 100???
Original post by BabyLadDarren
How in God's name is a university like Kings in the top 100???

I wonder if London Met are in the top 1000. 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending