The Student Room Group

I made a mistake when enrolling into college?

Well this is going to be a long one but I could really use some advice.
Bascially, I wanted to leave my school that had a sixth form because I thought a fresh start would be good for me. My parents recommended that I go to another school in London that lots of their friends kids attended and liked. So, I applied for that school, and enrolled. The thing is, I now regret doing that because instead of just trusting what other people said, I decided to do some research about the college. And it's ****. The average A-level grade is a D and half of the OFSTED report said that the school 'requires improvement'. This isn't awful, but compared to my previous school where the average grade is a B+ and has good/excellent OFSTED report, and on top of that is closer to home, where I can do the same A-Levels and whilst it shouldn't matter all of my friends have stayed there.
Would it be too late to enroll into my old school? I don't care if it's embarrassing, I would rather that than go to a bad school for 2 years.
BTW: Yes, introduction day at my old school was today.

TL; DR: Is it too late to enroll at a sixth form where the term has already started if you went there before?
Original post by ew_its_nicola
Bascially, I wanted to leave my school that had a sixth form because I thought a fresh start would be good for me. My parents recommended that I go to another school in London that lots of their friends kids attended and liked. So, I applied for that school, and enrolled. The thing is, I now regret doing that because instead of just trusting what other people said, I decided to do some research about the college. And it's ****. The average A-level grade is a D and half of the OFSTED report said that the school 'requires improvement'. This isn't awful, but compared to my previous school where the average grade is a B+ and has good/excellent OFSTED report, and on top of that is closer to home, where I can do the same A-Levels and whilst it shouldn't matter all of my friends have stayed there.
Would it be too late to enroll into my old school? I don't care if it's embarrassing, I would rather that than go to a bad school for 2 years.

TL; DR: Is it too late to enroll at a sixth form where the term has already started if you went there before?

You need to ask the school, it will vary depending on the school, it is up to them whether they accept you.
Original post by ew_its_nicola

Nope, it isn't too late. Ring them up tomorrow morning, 9am, and ask them if they have room to take you. If they have a place free and you have the entry requirements they should have no problem accepting you.
Original post by Hayley Williams
Nope, it isn't too late. Ring them up tomorrow morning, 9am, and ask them if they have room to take you. If they have a place free and you have the entry requirements they should have no problem accepting you.

Thanks, I was freaking out so much!
It depends on the school but I enrolled into a 6th form 5 weeks after the term started and it was all fine (obviously it's school's discretion at this point but technically you can move at any point in the school year). As long as they have space it should be fine.

I would contact your old school ASAP.
Original post by monkyvirus
It depends on the school but I enrolled into a 6th form 5 weeks after the term started and it was all fine (obviously it's school's discretion at this point but technically you can move at any point in the school year). As long as they have space it should be fine.

I would contact your old school ASAP.

I have already sent two e-mails, and might call tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Latest