The Student Room Group

End of Year 11

I know it's a long way away (9 months) but I'm stressing out over the fact that I have 15 exams (6 science, 3 maths, 2 english, 2 french, 1 graphics and an art exam) to do within the last month or two of school. I'm mainly predicted B's with a couple A's but I don't think I will cope with it. And if I'm panicking now, I think I'll be worse when I'm a couple weeks from them. This is kind of a rant I guess but any advice will help :smile:
Original post by pinkypaz123
I know it's a long way away (9 months) but I'm stressing out over the fact that I have 15 exams (6 science, 3 maths, 2 english, 2 french, 1 graphics and an art exam) to do within the last month or two of school. I'm mainly predicted B's with a couple A's but I don't think I will cope with it. And if I'm panicking now, I think I'll be worse when I'm a couple weeks from them. This is kind of a rant I guess but any advice will help :smile:

BREATHE

Year 11 seems daunting to begin with, afterall it's the first time you'll be doing public exams, but don't fret- it will make everything 100 times worse

In a nutshell, do all classwork and homework to the best of your ability. Do homework and hand it in on time. If you don't understand something ASK A TEACHER, it's their JOB to help YOU.

Revise efficiently. Don't spend all day making the most beautiful set of notes on only one chapter/topic. Revise effectively. Read through a paragraph and then write down everything in your own words. DON'T MINDLESSLY COPY WORD FOR WORD.

Do exam practice. Questions and harshly mark yourself. You're your best critic.

Make time for leisure. Don't sit their everyday studying dawn till dusk. Go out, do something else. Practice an instrument, play a sport. ANYTHING

Trust me you'll be fine
Original post by homeland.lsw
BREATHE

Year 11 seems daunting to begin with, afterall it's the first time you'll be doing public exams, but don't fret- it will make everything 100 times worse

In a nutshell, do all classwork and homework to the best of your ability. Do homework and hand it in on time. If you don't understand something ASK A TEACHER, it's their JOB to help YOU.

Revise efficiently. Don't spend all day making the most beautiful set of notes on only one chapter/topic. Revise effectively. Read through a paragraph and then write down everything in your own words. DON'T MINDLESSLY COPY WORD FOR WORD.

Do exam practice. Questions and harshly mark yourself. You're your best critic.

Make time for leisure. Don't sit their everyday studying dawn till dusk. Go out, do something else. Practice an instrument, play a sport. ANYTHING

Trust me you'll be fine

Thank you, I'll try and take this all in. All of this just hit me so thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest