The Student Room Group

Medicine as a future creer.

Hello everyone !!!

I wanted to know if I can study medicine at university with this set of GCSE result.

English Language: C
English Literature: C
Biology: C
Chemistry: B
Physics: C
Mathematics: B
Geography: C
Religious Studies: A*
Bengali: A *
Sports: Merit
IT: Di

Note that I have sent my Biology, Physics and Mathematics for a remark. I don't know if the grades will go up or if it'll still stay the same. Currently I am doing A Level Biology, A Level Chemistry and A Level Mathematics. The teachers told me that it'll be really hard to apply to university with these results and also told me that I need to get exactly at least 3As to get a chance to study medicine at university but it'll be really difficult. Now I'm thinking what are the chances of me going to university and study medicine if I get 3As or above and those GCSE results shown above.

Reply to me ASAP !!!

Thank You.
Probably not. It is possible with great a-levels, a top UKCAT/BMAT score and amazing personal statement, but I don't think you'll go from a B/C in bio and chem into an A at a-level. But good luck to you and I hope you prove me wrong
Original post by pabelnabilislam
Hello everyone !!!

I wanted to know if I can study medicine at university with this set of GCSE result.

English Language: C
English Literature: C
Biology: C
Chemistry: B
Physics: C
Mathematics: B
Geography: C
Religious Studies: A*
Bengali: A *
Sports: Merit
IT: Di

Note that I have sent my Biology, Physics and Mathematics for a remark. I don't know if the grades will go up or if it'll still stay the same. Currently I am doing A Level Biology, A Level Chemistry and A Level Mathematics. The teachers told me that it'll be really hard to apply to university with these results and also told me that I need to get exactly at least 3As to get a chance to study medicine at university but it'll be really difficult. Now I'm thinking what are the chances of me going to university and study medicine if I get 3As or above and those GCSE results shown above.

Reply to me ASAP !!!

Thank You.

Tbh, it will be very difficult. In addition to what the poster above said, lots of Medical Schools require at least a grade B at GCSE in English/the sciences so your options are very limited.
Original post by HopelessMedic
Probably not. It is possible with great a-levels, a top UKCAT/BMAT score and amazing personal statement, but I don't think you'll go from a B/C in bio and chem into an A at a-level. But good luck to you and I hope you prove me wrong

Thank You very much !!!
Original post by usycool1
Tbh, it will be very difficult. In addition to what the poster above said, lots of Medical Schools require at least a grade B at GCSE in English/the sciences so your options are very limited.

Thank You very much!!!
You can find out each uni's entry requirements online.

If we take away the two highest academic grades (guessing by your username) then you've got mostly Cs and a couple of Bs. You're almost certainly well below average for medicine hopefuls. But nothing is impossible so if you work hard, get decent predictions and have a decent PS then you may have a chance. Good luck.
Original post by Duncan2012
You can find out each uni's entry requirements online.

If we take away the two highest academic grades (guessing by your username) then you've got mostly Cs and a couple of Bs. You're almost certainly well below average for medicine hopefuls. But nothing is impossible so if you work hard, get decent predictions and have a decent PS then you may have a chance. Good luck.

Thank You very much !!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending