The Student Room Group

Average UKCAT and band 2! so confused help please!

So I did the UKCAT and I'm disappointed with it.
VR: 530
QR: 850
AR: 600
Average: 660
SJ: Band 2
VR was so hard compared to the mocks and AR has always been my worst section.

STATS:
GCSE: 6A*s 4As B(art)
I've done them just in 6 months as I came to the UK in Y11, so they're not great.
AS: AAAAA
A2: probable prediction A*A*AA
Pretty strong personal statement
3 weeks hospital placement (theatre/clinic/ward), 2 long term volunteering, sutton trust summer school, UCL summer challenge, sixth form representative, various awards and other extracurriculars.

I'm taking the BMAT for UCL and Imperial. I want to stay in London but I don't think I stand a chance at UKCAT unis like Queen Mary/King's/St George's. What do you think?
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Original post by mithi98
So I did the UKCAT and I'm disappointed with it.
VR: 530
QR: 850
AR: 600
Average: 660
SJ: Band 2
VR was so hard compared to the mocks and AR has always been my worst section.

STATS:
GCSE: 6A*s 4As B(art)
I've done them just in 6 months as I came to the UK in Y11, so they're not great.
AS: AAAAA
A2: probable prediction A*A*AA
Pretty strong personal statement
3 weeks hospital placement (theatre/clinic/ward), 2 long term volunteering, sutton trust summer school, UCL summer challenge, sixth form representative, various awards and other extracurriculars.

I'm taking the BMAT for UCL and Imperial. I want to stay in London but I don't think I stand a chance at UKCAT unis like Queen Mary/King's/St George's. What do you think?
Any advice is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Hi there, well done for all your stats, looking good.

If you are wanting to stay in london then I would go ahead with SGUL, Barts, UCL and Imperial and KCL may be to risky with a lower UKCAT and lower GCSE grades.
I would say try to branch out though and look at places like UEA as you may have a good shot there.
Reply 2
Original post by Natalierm2707
Hi there, well done for all your stats, looking good.

If you are wanting to stay in london then I would go ahead with SGUL, Barts, UCL and Imperial and KCL may be to risky with a lower UKCAT and lower GCSE grades.
I would say try to branch out though and look at places like UEA as you may have a good shot there.

Thank you! what about the extended degree at King's? And last year St George's wanted 650... so I don't know..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending