The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GarlicBread01
Urgh our sixth form decided this year that they would do "vertical" form groups meaning year 13s are mixed with years 12s during form time...it sucks!

That sounds so bad :biggrin:
Had my first day of year 13 and realised I'm ahead on UCAS than what is expected... I'm aiming to submit my application by the end of November, but I'm scared because my grades need to improve for me to go to uni.
Original post by eruditeprincess
Had my first day of year 13 and realised I'm ahead on UCAS than what is expected... I'm aiming to submit my application by the end of November, but I'm scared because my grades need to improve for me to go to uni.

Have you got your predicted grades back yet? :tongue:
Nah seriously when are people making these 2017 applicant threads cmon lads
Original post by eruditeprincess

Same here! I'm sending my statement around to teachers but nobodys replying atm so I'm halted UGH
Original post by BR1999
Have you got your predicted grades back yet? :tongue:

Nah not yet but they're assuring me currently that I can improve. Anything would be better than my AS grades tbh. I just need to get to uni as far as I am concerned.
Original post by ImagineCats
Same here! I'm sending my statement around to teachers but nobodys replying atm so I'm halted UGH

I have two form tutors this year, one who has known me since year 7, so I need to send it to them and see what they think of my first draft. I just hate writing about myself as I never see myself in a positive light so this is so hard for me to do!

You could make one yourself :wink:
Reply 408
Lol this year is already stressing me out.

My school has encouraged me to apply to Cambridge, and I've got nothing to lose so I'm just going to go for it. But that means - AS FM, early application, entrance exam prep and possible interview prep.

I think I've got a 0.00005% chance of actually getting in because I've got an 88UMS average but a miracle could happen and I was one of the top in the year, and like a teacher at my school said "better to be rejected by them and not yourself"

Which other ones have been made,

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still haven't got my 5 choices yet and I'm still visiting open days (I have 7 choices at the moment) but our school really wants us to send our applications off in October... but Swansea Open Day is on 29th October (because I'm already going to Leicester on the 15th). So that's awkward and I'm not really sure what to do
Original post by IKEAPanda37
I still haven't got my 5 choices yet and I'm still visiting open days (I have 7 choices at the moment) but our school really wants us to send our applications off in October... but Swansea Open Day is on 29th October (because I'm already going to Leicester on the 15th). So that's awkward and I'm not really sure what to do

Are you applying to oxbridge? And I'm going to an open day next week and the week after

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
Are you applying to oxbridge? And I'm going to an open day next week and the week after

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I'm not:h: Our school just wants us to send them earlier to get better offers
Hi guys. School starts tomorrow for me.

*drinks bleach*

Much better.
Original post by Carpe Diem Jay
Hi guys. School starts tomorrow for me.

*drinks bleach*

Much better.

Me too, not looking forward to it all my mates are in different classes :angry: and i have a 3 hour free right in the middle of the day :biggrin:
Original post by IKEAPanda37
No I'm not:h: Our school just wants us to send them earlier to get better offers

Lol better offers tell your school your not ready it's better you apply after knowing exactly which universities you want to go than to apply early as I don't think you can change it once it's submitted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Day 3 of school and I'm already running a temperature... (sigh)
Original post by roarchika

Day 2 and I've already had about seven breakdowns...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your comment has ac motivated me to start on my personal statement LOL so thanks I guess:smile: You may have just saved a life
Original post by SampleX
Day 2 and I've already had about seven breakdowns...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by roarchika

I was very stressed on my first day because they dropped the wrong subject for me. The guy doing it dropped Maths instead of Further Maths. Not just me though, so there's that. Why on Earth they had that specific teacher doing the timetables I have no idea, though.You can't even take Further Maths without Maths!!!!!!
That was just a whole bundle of stress, but other than that, school has been pretty chilled as we get back into it, I know it's going to change soon, so I need to prepare for that :lol:

Also, there's already a word I can't pronounce in Biology. Glomerulus. Glomerulus. I just can never say it, and it always comes out sounding like an absolute mess :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest