The Student Room Group

iPhone 7 / Apple Watch Series 2 - Apple Event September

Scroll to see replies

Android FTW. No headphone jack and micro SD slot? No thanks apple, what a shady company.
:cool:
People moaned when macbooks got rid of the dvd drive. Turns out laptops don't really need them, and there's always a workaround for the times when we do. Same with the jack. You'll get an adaptor in the box so it's not an issue.
Depends what your upgrading from. Anything from last year no. Anything from year before onwards then yeah its pretty decent.
Apple stopped being innovative a long time ago. They're now masters of marketing and brand loyalty - such a shame really!

Original post by midnightice
Apple stopped being innovative a long time ago. They're now masters of marketing and brand loyalty - such a shame really!

Haha, what a perfect analogy
Personally, there are much better phones out there. I used to be a die-hard iPhone fanatic, always raved about Apple but only a few months ago now, I decided to get rid of my iPhone 6 and get the Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have not looked back since.

The iPhone 7 is nothing special, most of the features won't be used by your everyday phone user, so they're rendered useless and it's a pretty expensive upgrade for a phone that has added features you most likely won't use/don't need to be changed (if that makes any sense at all!). What I'm saying is, most phones now will let you browse the web, listen to music, have apps like Twitter and Facebook etc, send messages and make calls. Everything else is really unnecessary for the common person.
Original post by soanonymous
Personally, there are much better phones out there. I used to be a die-hard iPhone fanatic, always raved about Apple but only a few months ago now, I decided to get rid of my iPhone 6 and get the Samsung Galaxy S7 and I have not looked back since.

The iPhone 7 is nothing special, most of the features won't be used by your everyday phone user, so they're rendered useless and it's a pretty expensive upgrade for a phone that has added features you most likely won't use/don't need to be changed (if that makes any sense at all!). What I'm saying is, most phones now will let you browse the web, listen to music, have apps like Twitter and Facebook etc, send messages and make calls. Everything else is really unnecessary for the common person.

I am very much in the same position here, I too got rid of my iPhone 6 and replaced it with the Samsung Galaxy S7. To be honest, I wish i did this months ago Apple is so boring these days they decided to make you pay £100 of worthless EarPods when you lose them (as they are tiny!) as an act of *ahem* 'courage.' That to me is NOT an act of courage.
Original post by Duncan2012
People moaned when macbooks got rid of the dvd drive. Turns out laptops don't really need them, and there's always a workaround for the times when we do. Same with the jack. You'll get an adaptor in the box so it's not an issue.

The DVD drive is still pretty useful, granted while not necessary on a desktop I still like to have one. But a laptop it is a good idea to have, Installing programs that come on disk and watching movies and also many Problems Can occur that mean you need a disk.

Sure there is workarounds but having a phone that has no headphone jack like wtf.
I have a pair of really high end headphones and normally just plug them in and play. Oh no wait I need to get a overpriced adapter and Then plug it in and as far as I know you cannot charge and listen through the adapter but correct me if I am wrong.

And HOW MUCH for a pair of *****y Earbuds that only work with One device.
I can plug my headphones into any jack with a £10 converter I got that came with my headphones for free.

Want to listen on your *****y pods on your PC. Nope your Other phone. Your Radio. Nope. your MP3 player that you use while cycling of jogging Nope.

Oh just spend more money on a useless watch that has inbuilt uselessness.

Out of charge on your headphones oh just put them in this box and don't use them for a while and voila 4 more hours. Oh you lost or broke these tiny pods don't worry only 100+ pounds for them.

Terrible device that is just being awkward for the sake of gaining money. Apple is a pure ripoff.

I mean when I go somewhere I know I am likely to loose stuff or Just need a pair of disposable Headphones I get some cheap Earbuds on Ebay for 99p. They work fine. sound isnt great but oh well. But with apple you already now need to buy a adapter.
I'm currently bidding on iPhone 6s's on eBay.... so no i am not convinced that it is worth the cash !!
I think Apple need to revaluate their customers loyalty- no headphones sockets is a really bad idea and i certainly will not be upgrading.
Apple can do what ever they damn please. The rabid cut following they have created will buy whatever they sell.
So the only way to charge your phone whilst using earphones is to use the wireless ones, which you also have to charge?

lol
Reply 72
The jet black iPhone 7 Plus starts at £820.

The (non-jet black) 7 starts at £600, when in previous years it has started at £540.

The price is very off-putting.
Original post by AperfectBalance
The DVD drive is still pretty useful, granted while not necessary on a desktop I still like to have one. But a laptop it is a good idea to have, Installing programs that come on disk and watching movies and also many Problems Can occur that mean you need a disk.

Sure there is workarounds but having a phone that has no headphone jack like wtf.
I have a pair of really high end headphones and normally just plug them in and play. Oh no wait I need to get a overpriced adapter and Then plug it in and as far as I know you cannot charge and listen through the adapter but correct me if I am wrong.

And HOW MUCH for a pair of *****y Earbuds that only work with One device.
I can plug my headphones into any jack with a £10 converter I got that came with my headphones for free.

Want to listen on your *****y pods on your PC. Nope your Other phone. Your Radio. Nope. your MP3 player that you use while cycling of jogging Nope.

Oh just spend more money on a useless watch that has inbuilt uselessness.

Out of charge on your headphones oh just put them in this box and don't use them for a while and voila 4 more hours. Oh you lost or broke these tiny pods don't worry only 100+ pounds for them.

Terrible device that is just being awkward for the sake of gaining money. Apple is a pure ripoff.

I mean when I go somewhere I know I am likely to loose stuff or Just need a pair of disposable Headphones I get some cheap Earbuds on Ebay for 99p. They work fine. sound isnt great but oh well. But with apple you already now need to buy a adapter.

The adaptor is free, it comes in the box.

I'm getting it, only because I have a *****y HTC that doesn't work and I'm sick of Android. I much prefer the ios UI. Saying that, it I had a good phone that worked, I wouldn't get this.
(edited 7 years ago)
My main issue is how am I meant to play music in my car and use google maps at the same time...because google maps drains the battery to death !
Reply 75
Nope, I'll stick with my IPhone 6 thank you very much (I will not pay the extortionate prices for the new IPhones)
Iphone hasnt been worth upgrading since the Iphone 5S.

Get an Android phone instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. Apple are slipping
I had the 6S+ and an S7 edge
guess which I sold to buy the galaxy note7 when it came out

Spoiler

lool

no way in hell am i paying £600 for a phone that costs £100 to build

i could probs make something better with a ****ing raspberry pi

apple sucks

Quick Reply

Latest