The Student Room Group

Am I being pathetic?

Hi guys

So I just wanted some advice/opinions here. I'll give you an idea of what happened so you'll have an understanding of what I'm talking about.

So basically my brother has to go into another town tomorrow as he's doing something that'll benefit him for his career. I asked my mum what he'll be doing and she asked if I wanted to tag along tomorrow for the day. They both have to get up early tomorrow and I said no because tomorrow is my day off and I genuinely think I won't get up in time tomorrow and I don't want to make either of them late even if I said yes. She then called me pathetic because of this and had a go at me. Is she right to call this me this and have a go at me?:/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
So you're agreeing with my mum for calling me pathetic just because I don't want to make her and my brother late for something that's important to my brother?-.-
Reply 2
Obviously, just wanted to confirm! Can you elaborate on why you agree with her? With what my brother is doing tomorrow we wouldn't be able to be there to physically see/be with him tomorrow for the day, plus as I've said before I don't wanted to make them late, as I can be slow at getting ready sometimes..
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So you're agreeing with my mum for calling me pathetic just because I don't want to make her and my brother late for something that's important to my brother?-.-

No you are not being pathetic at all.

Please ignore the user who posted above, that kid is literally always bitter about everything, non-stop complaining and whining on here.
What is it your brother's doing?
Reply 5
but why is it pathetic?

are you the type who always listens to your mummy?
Reply 6
Original post by markova21
What is it your brother's doing?

He'll be joining the army soonish hopefully (for him) and as he has to stay in full time education until he goes he's preparing to go into it, and as we live in a different town to where he's going tomorrow I'd rather not be the reason he's late tomorrow, if that makes any sense whatsoever :colondollar:..
Someone's sensitive.
Reply 8
Original post by eden3
No you are not being pathetic at all.

Please ignore the user who posted above, that kid is literally always bitter about everything, non-stop complaining and whining on here.

Ah thought so, that kid seems like they have nothing better to do..
Reply 9

Ah thought so, that kid seems like they have nothing better to do..

You're welcome :smile:
[QUOTE=IAmElephant;67457890]Someone's sensitive.

Who me? Nah I'm not :redface: just took me by surprise by her response as I haven't said anything wrong..
Original post by eden3
You're welcome :smile:

:smile:
Reply 12
hit a nerve did i?
Who me? Nah I'm not :redface: just took me by surprise by her response as I haven't said anything wrong..

I wouldn't take it to heart. If that's not how she usually behaves then perhaps she's stressed or had something on her mind. So instead of making it into an issue about you perhaps you could consider how she was feeling.
Well I may be doing stuff tomorrow, which is why I said no in the first place. And by telling someone else to shut their face isn't exactly nice either..
[QUOTE=IAmElephant;67458200]I wouldn't take it to heart. If that's not how she usually behaves then perhaps she's stressed or had something on her mind. So instead of making it into an issue about you perhaps you could consider how she was feeling.
I try not too. If she was stressed or had something on her mind I'd soon know about it. But to me it felt like she kinda made it into an issue as I wasn't being rude and neither was she until I said no..
Oh wow -.-
He'll be joining the army soonish hopefully (for him) and as he has to stay in full time education until he goes he's preparing to go into it, and as we live in a different town to where he's going tomorrow I'd rather not be the reason he's late tomorrow, if that makes any sense whatsoever :colondollar:..

He might die... :frown:
[QUOTE=Anonymous;67458878]He might die... :frown:

I know :frown: but he's keen on joining so can't really stop him.. :frown:
Not pathetic exactly, but it's not hard to get up and out the door at any time of your choosing. Just set an alarm a good long time before you have to leave.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending