The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BrownEyedHijabi
I was thinking Nottingham but I need to check out the campus. Maybe Surrey but it is quite far from home hbu?

I'm going to visit Nottingham again next weekend as I'm unsure about the location of SB but I really like the uni! Chester is my favourite as it stands but is the furthest away from me, I also really like Hertfordshire but I've seen a lot of people say that student life there isn't very good :s-smilie:
Original post by Rose.n
I'm going to visit Nottingham again next weekend as I'm unsure about the location of SB but I really like the uni! Chester is my favourite as it stands but is the furthest away from me, I also really like Hertfordshire but I've seen a lot of people say that student life there isn't very good :s-smilie:

I'm waiting to see if my friend or my mum can come with me next week to Nottingham. I'm visiting Chester in October (which is a little bit late lol). It's deffo the closest tho. How many open days have you been to?
Reply 22
I'm waiting to see if my friend or my mum can come with me next week to Nottingham. I'm visiting Chester in October (which is a little bit late lol). It's deffo the closest tho. How many open days have you been to?

I've been to Surrey, Coventry, Chester, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Cardiff Met and Plymouth :smile: I'm basically just unsure which one to go for now (even though I do actually need to get offers first) so I'm visiting Chester in October too! And Hertfordshire again too
Original post by Rose.n
I've been to Surrey, Coventry, Chester, Nottingham, Hertfordshire, Cardiff Met and Plymouth :smile: I'm basically just unsure which one to go for now (even though I do actually need to get offers first) so I'm visiting Chester in October too! And Hertfordshire again too

Omg you've been to lots of open days, I've barely been to any. I've just asked people about the uni and looked online lol. What was Coventry like and also Surrey as I've not seen them in person, just heard good things?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Coventry personally wasn't for me, I really liked the uni itself but not the area its in! But I know people have said good stuff about it and love it there!
Surrey I also really liked but I still preferred Chester, Hertfordshire and Nottingham! To be honest they're all really good but each has a fault or two (e.g. distance from home, location etc.) so it just depends what fault matters the most!
Reply 25
Omg you've been to lots of open days, I've barely been to any. I've just asked people about the uni and looked online lol. What was Coventry like and also Surrey as I've not seen them in person, just heard good thing?

Surrey is in a really lovely area also!
Hey guys, I just wanted to start a new thread for people who are applying to nutrition and dietetics for next year.

What universities are you considering?
Do you have any volunteering/ work experience?
What are your predicted grades?
And where are you guys from?

Hi, my top choice is King's, then Surrey. I'm going to the Nottingham and Leeds Beckett open days - does anyone know what they're like.
I've had a week following several dietitians and dietetic assistants and volunteer at a church club for children.
Is anyone else considering King's because I really liked it.
What are the interviews like as well?
Original post by Rose.n
Coventry personally wasn't for me, I really liked the uni itself but not the area its in! But I know people have said good stuff about it and love it there!
Surrey I also really liked but I still preferred Chester, Hertfordshire and Nottingham! To be honest they're all really good but each has a fault or two (e.g. distance from home, location etc.) so it just depends what fault matters the most!

Thanks for the info. Can I just ask what the area was like in Coventry? And yeah there is advantages and disadvantages to all of them, it doesn't help I keep changing my mind lol.
Original post by Econway10
Hi, my top choice is King's, then Surrey. I'm going to the Nottingham and Leeds Beckett open days - does anyone know what they're like.
I've had a week following several dietitians and dietetic assistants and volunteer at a church club for children.
Is anyone else considering King's because I really liked it.
What are the interviews like as well?

Hi I'm considering Kings as well, it's in my top 3 right now lol. It's really competitive but I would love to live/study in London. I've not really looked at Leeds when's the open day?
Reply 29
I heard the UCL will be introducing a deitetics course for 2017, does anyone know anything about this
Open day for Leeds Beckett is Saturday 1st October. I don't think I want to go there but I just want to visit all the universities I'm going to apply to just in case I end up going there. Xxx I'd love to live in London too - it just seems like the best place to be!
So would we be able to apply there, or is it for the year after us? X
Reply 32
Thanks for the info. Can I just ask what the area was like in Coventry? And yeah there is advantages and disadvantages to all of them, it doesn't help I keep changing my mind lol.

Some parts of it were quite nice and modern but then also some of it was quite run down around the uni, but the uni itself is really nice!
Original post by tr.12
I heard the UCL will be introducing a deitetics course for 2017, does anyone know anything about this

Omg I'd actually apply there if it had a course. I just looked it up but I could only find this postgrad course for already qualified dieticians http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medicine/education/postgraduate-taught-degrees/msc-eating-disorders-and-clinical-nutrition

Where did you hear about it?
Open day for Leeds Beckett is Saturday 1st October. I don't think I want to go there but I just want to visit all the universities I'm going to apply to just in case I end up going there. Xxx I'd love to live in London too - it just seems like the best place to be!

Might go to the open day just to see what it's like, just in case I don't like Chester or something. I know last year I was certain about London till I read about the tuition fees and bursaries lol
Is everyone doing 3 or 4 A2 levels? I'm considering dropping maths and just doing 3. Would doing a maths A2 level give me more chances of an offer for this course???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is everyone doing 3 or 4 A2 levels? I'm considering dropping maths and just doing 3. Would doing a maths A2 level give me more chances of an offer for this course???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing 3 A2 levels, I've just dropped maths. I have no idea if it'll increase chances of an offer though. What other A2's are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I never did maths and I got offers. To be honest I think all the maths you need to know is in chemistry so you should be all good.
I'm doing 3 A2 levels, I've just dropped maths. I have no idea if it'll increase chances of an offer though. What other A2's are you doing?

My other A2s are chemistry, biology, geography and an EPQ. I know these are the subjects I need, but just wondering if maths would be useful.
Reply 39
Have any of you written a personal statement yet?

Latest