The Student Room Group

Your top 5 pieces of stationery for the new term?

Some of you might be the type to get through school with a single pen and a broken ruler, and others may have pencil cases full to the brim (me). But what are your top 5 things you recommend to stock up on for the new year of school?

Mine would have to be (left to right)...
Screenshot_20160907-220521.jpg

Muji gel ink pens: These pens are absolute beauties and have such a smooth writing flow, I could stare at them all day

Zebra Mildliners: Highlighters but even better. They come in tons of pastel type colours that don't have the brightness of a thousand suns when you try to read the page. They also have a really useful double end, one with a thin point and one with a traditional highlighter shape

Squared paper notebook: I'm a massive fan of bullet journals (check them out here and on Instagram and Tumblr) and love to use my Muji pens to make my own bullet journals. There's something so satisfying about using squared paper too...

Pocket exercise books: I went through a ton of these in my revision, just writing down the answers to flashcard questions and using them to test myself on dates for History. The best time to get these if you want something pretty is in the sale in Paperchase, or in Wilkos or Sainsburys

Flashcards: I used coloured flashcards so so much last year (when I counted them at the end I had hundreds), they look great hole punched and put in the front of a file to keep them with your notes

What are your top 5 bits of stationery for the new term? Tell us below or post some pictures, and your suggestions may be featured in one of our articles!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

My wife got me this bad boy:

I love it! I always used to write in pen and made loads of mistakes all the time/my writing was illegible so my notes were a mess. But this is so nice to write with and the eraser is really good.
Original post by Sabertooth
My wife got me this bad boy:

I love it! I always used to write in pen and made loads of mistakes all the time/my writing was illegible so my notes were a mess. But this is so nice to write with and the eraser is really good.

That looks like it writes so well :love:
Top 5 gotta be my 5 fave colours of these pens :yep:
pens.jpe
Got 18 of these bad bois for £2.50 at my local Tesco
What a cracking deal! :excited:Absolutely fab for making notes and revision cards, colours are great.
Would recommend :wink:
This little bad boy has been a life saver. Highly recommend this for attaching reminders when reading through dictionary/notes/books.

tiger notes.jpeg
Original post by Gingerbread101
x

Sometimes I just go into Muji and stare at the stationery hoping they'll jump into my pockets :lol: I managed to bag a lot of desk organising stuff which I adore :love:

But my top stationery would be:
Bic Cristal Grip...

Spoiler

I've been using them for as long as I can remember and still use them now. They last a pretty long time, and are fairly smooth and of course cheap

Can't beat a good quality pencil case, mine is a simple Paperchase one, but is pretty roomy and doesn't take up too much space

Spoiler

The Muji 180 degree ruler, much better quality than the other ones on the market tbh, mine has lasted a good two years (and counting) of solid use!

Spoiler

Can't beat the Rymans bumper refill pad too, I always get about 6 or 7 in August :biggrin:

Spoiler

And to go with the paper I always buy folders. So each subject has its own folder, with its own notes/work etc I always get a different colour per subject too!

Spoiler

What a long post about stationery...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Top 5 gotta be my 5 fave colours of these pens :yep:
pens.jpe
Got 18 of these bad bois for £2.50 at my local Tesco
What a cracking deal! :excited:Absolutely fab for making notes and revision cards, colours are great.
Would recommend :wink:

I used to use these but the ink seemed to gather on the tip and then get everywhere :frown:
Original post by Desi_Scotsman
This little bad boy has been a life saver. Highly recommend this for attaching reminders when reading through dictionary/notes/books.

tiger notes.jpeg

I have one of these, I got it super cheap at the works :awesome:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Sometimes I just go into Muji and stare at the stationery hoping they'll jump into my pockets :lol: I managed to bag a lot of desk organising stuff which I adore :love:

But my top stationery would be:
Bic Cristal Grip...

Spoiler

I've been using them for as long as I can remember and still use them now. They last a pretty long time, and are fairly smooth and of course cheap

Can't beat a good quality pencil case, mine is a simple Paperchase one, but is pretty roomy and doesn't take up too much space

Spoiler

The Muji 180 degree ruler, much better quality than the other ones on the market tbh, mine has lasted a good two years (and counting) of solid use!

Spoiler

Can't beat the Rymans bumper refill pad too, I always get about 6 or 7 in August :biggrin:

Spoiler

And to go with the paper I always buy folders. So each subject has its own folder, with its own notes/work etc I always get a different colour per subject too!

Spoiler

What a long post about stationery...

Love these :love: I forgot about refill pads, I must have about 9 because my mum saw them on sale and bought tons about a year ago :lol: I use the oxford refill pads
Reply 8
Pen
Notebook
Red Bull
Pillow
Alarm clock

Is all you ever need
Pen x3
Paper
Calculator
Original post by UWS
Pen
Notebook
Red Bull
Pillow
Alarm clock

Is all you ever need

We had a communal blanket in our group of friends for sleeping in free periods :tongue:
Post it notes/ sticky notes
Original post by Blackstarr
Post it notes/ sticky notes

Amen to this
These are the best, I used them in A-levels to write some hard/long words I need to memorise in biology and wrote all the chemical reaction in A-level chemistry, also those difficult math equations for integration or differentiation. I've actually either put them on the window or on my desk so they're always infront of me haha!

1470645324596.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gingerbread101
I used to use these but the ink seemed to gather on the tip and then get everywhere :frown:

oh :erm:I don't have this problem :erm:commercial blanket sounds like an idea worth investing in :rofl:
Oh where do I begin!

1. First of all, I'd like to announce my personal favourite pen for making colourful headings etc:

Spoiler

2. And this pen is just amazing, (not for exams and stuff though because it's gel) :
The one and only-

Spoiler

Gotta admit it is a bit annoying when it smudges but nonetheless I still love it. :love:

3) Next up is the only tippex that actually work AND dries fast:

Spoiler

4) Anyone else hate lined jotters where the lines are way too dark, I actually prefer plain paper more than anything, but I've found the perfect notebook with lines that aren't too dark that they make my writing look messy af :

Spoiler

5) And lastly, the most important thing.
The pencil case:

Spoiler

Yess, I'm a bit obsessed XD

Edit: for whatever reason, all the pictures have attached themself at the end ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PlayerBB
These are the best, I used them in A-levels to write some hard/long words I need to memorise in biology and wrote all the chemical reaction in A-level chemistry, also those difficult math equations for integration or differentiation. I've actually either put them on the window or on my desk so they're always infront of me haha!

1470645324596.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need some of these :gah:
Original post by Mystery.
Oh where do I begin!

1. First of all, I'd like to announce my personal favourite pen for making colourful headings etc:

Spoiler

2. And this pen is just amazing, (not for exams and stuff though because it's gel) :
The one and only-

Spoiler

Gotta admit it is a bit annoying when it smudges but nonetheless I still love it. :love:

3) Next up is the only tippex that actually work AND dries fast:

Spoiler

4) Anyone else hate lined jotters where the lines are way too dark, I actually prefer plain paper more than anything, but I've found the perfect notebook with lines that aren't too dark that they make my writing look messy af :

Spoiler

5) And lastly, the most important thing.
The pencil case:

Spoiler

Yess, I'm a bit obsessed XD

Edit: for whatever reason, all the pictures have attached themself at the end ?

I have a mini version of the tippex that fits perfectly in my pencil case :biggrin:
Most of the time I just take a pen with me for sixth form. :tongue:
I take my pencil case, lines post it notes and A4 notepad with dividers to uni.

Pencil case:
4 black pens.
4 pencils.
I have stabilo fine liners and stabilo fibre. (10 pack each)
Staedtler ball point 10 pack pens.
Folding ruler.
Rubber.
Sharper.

A4 notepad with dividers.
I usually print out my lecture slides (6 per page, double sided) so it's not too bad. Then I make notes in notepad. I usually write what slide number it and what lecture number it is so I don't get confused. I honestly don't think folders are necessary for my course, it's just extra weight for me to carry considering I commute.

At home I have a lot of stationery, I have Staedtler fine liners and fibre (10 and 20 pack). I have a lot of lined post it notes.

Last year in staples, they had paper mate 10 pens pack in black ink and another one with red/green in it too. I brought like 20 packets for 50p each. So I still have 8 pens left over = 80 pens. For 50p each, can't complain considering it's 50p each.

The image I attached I brought for 90p each in Sainsburys.image.jpeg
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending