The Student Room Group

What will the work load be like?

At college I'm taking Biology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR), Physics (Edexcel) and Maths (ABC?). I was just wondering if anyone had done these subjects so could give me some advice or any comments which would be helpful for the next two years
Original post by OliviaBaggaley
At college I'm taking Biology (AQA), Chemistry (OCR), Physics (Edexcel) and Maths (ABC?). I was just wondering if anyone had done these subjects so could give me some advice or any comments which would be helpful for the next two years

With maths, practice as many questions as you can until you understand the topics properly. The textbook is a great source for this.

For the sciences, you have to take notes where appropriate and memorise them to a certain extent, but also kind of picture the whole thing and you may not understand every topic at first but it's important to ask your teacher like 'what does this do...' or 'what happens if...' kind of thing.

In terms of workload, it's going to be a lot but nothing impossible. Just don't leave your work til the last minute. Even at this stage, Half an hour to an hour for each subject every day or two would be nice, because I found that with the sciences it's a lot about understanding things over time and letting it sink in.
Original post by SeanFM
With maths, practice as many questions as you can until you understand the topics properly. The textbook is a great source for this.

For the sciences, you have to take notes where appropriate and memorise them to a certain extent, but also kind of picture the whole thing and you may not understand every topic at first but it's important to ask your teacher like 'what does this do...' or 'what happens if...' kind of thing.

In terms of workload, it's going to be a lot but nothing impossible. Just don't leave your work til the last minute. Even at this stage, Half an hour to an hour for each subject every day or two would be nice, because I found that with the sciences it's a lot about understanding things over time and letting it sink in.

Thank you, was very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest