The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
So biology, is going to kill me!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waveyalex
Anyone doing computer science here ? :biggrin:
me! :tongue:
Anyone else already finding the A Level content quite difficult for the Sciences? :s-smilie::frown:
Original post by surina16
Anyone else already finding the A Level content quite difficult for the Sciences? :s-smilie::frown:

It's taking me a while to get my head around the atom hotel business in chemistry :emo:
but so far carbohydrates in bio seems ok...
:dontknow:
Original post by Mr...
Did you ever have Ms Brannon because I have her as one of my French teachers and she NEVER lets us speak English.... ever. Yep, and everyone is telling me that it's hard.

I'm shocked that I had to buy loads of refill paper pads thingies because they don't give exercise books :colonhash:

Same, I am reading ahead this weekend and watching some French movies

never had her as a teacher but she ran my french a level taster session, she basically said 'it's going to be tough but we'll try and make sure you don't fail' hehe
how are you finding the school so far? not too bad i hope :tongue:
i think it's quite common not to give out exercise books? i can't imagine how much paper you'd end up using with all those essays to do
french i feel is okay so far, i can generally get the gist of what the teacher is saying but my question forming game is weak so i just stay quiet lmao
Original post by unrealistic
me! :tongue:

Kl how u finding it ? :smile:
Hahah, I just got a set of 60-GCSE-recap questions as my Maths homework today xD Due on Tuesday. This year will be interesting...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kl how u finding it ? :smile:

It's alright, my teacher seems nice and I think she's one of my favorite teachers so far. Pretty intense but I like it. Better than my other tutors.

The course seems quite information heavy from the looks of my syllabus but am really looking forward to the more hands on parts of it. To be honest, I've not really done much so far :smile:

What programming language are you learning?
It's alright, my teacher seems nice and I think she's one of my favorite teachers so far. Pretty intense but I like it. Better than my other tutors.

The course seems quite information heavy from the looks of my syllabus but am really looking forward to the more hands on parts of it. To be honest, I've not really done much so far :smile:

What programming language are you learning?

My teacher mentioned python to us but tbh weve primarily been looking at the theory behind the cpu etc
All this work got me like:

My teacher mentioned python to us but tbh weve primarily been looking at the theory behind the cpu etc

Cool cool. We're splitting it up, doing one lesson on hardware and operations and stuff and then doing one lesson on python and the like :smile:
Cool cool. We're splitting it up, doing one lesson on hardware and operations and stuff and then doing one lesson on python and the like :smile:

Ok sounds alright tbh were probs gonna do that within sometime cos this week is just the basic princpes of compsci lol wat other a levels u doing ?
Aw do u?i love it soo interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Arfaa
Don't you get to go home?

No, my sixth form doesn't let year 12s go home until the end of the normal school day (year 13 are aloud to go home after afternoon registration because they are trusted to use their time for studying or homework). It was actually okay today, my maths homework took longer than expected and I did some Spanish homework that isn't due in until Tuesday and then sat outside in the sun with my friends and ate chocolate because we all had fifth period free.
Anyone doing computer science here ? :biggrin:

I am! So far we've only been doing programming because most of us haven't done any since finishing our controlled assessment for GCSE.
Original post by Mr...
I have 5 + 1 supervised study session :redface: what about yourself

Apparently everyone is worried about Bio at my school because of you don't do OCR at GCSE it's much harder :dontknow: but you'll be fine I'm sure.

I'm really just enjoying everything in its enormity

11 in a fortnight. Ouch. :tongue:

Seriously? I'm on OCR A now.... but I think it should be okay though. I just need to keep up. :eek3: Guess how many maths lessons I have each week. :colone:
Anyone feeling really overwhelmed and done and cry help
Original post by karmacrunch
11 in a fortnight. Ouch. :tongue:

Seriously? I'm on OCR A now.... but I think it should be okay though. I just need to keep up. :eek3: Guess how many maths lessons I have each week. :colone:

Are you Year 12 now?
Ok sounds alright tbh were probs gonna do that within sometime cos this week is just the basic princpes of compsci lol wat other a levels u doing ?

Doing maths, physics, chemistry and the Welsh Bacc. Also might be picking up further maths. What about you? :smile:
Hi I'm back! Got my timetable yesterday frees are pretty Boring at the moment due to lack of work partly because I have prep on a night too so doing my work then. I have 11 frees per week and I love my subjects!

Latest