The Student Room Group

Is Hillary Clinton A Good Person and Should She Be President

Scroll to see replies

Original post by macromicro
As far as I can see, there are only two reasons to support either way: 1. your opinion on who will better the problem of Islamism and Jihadism, and 2. who has more potential to correctly make difficult economic and religio-political decisions. The world does not want another Obama, i.e. another passive Islam apologist. Hilary is herself religious and, until recently (prompted by Trump), refused to call a spade a spade or in this case a muslim terrorist a muslim terrorist (not that there's much difference). Who can forget this ridiculous tweet from her that she has now in part reneged: "Let’s be clear: Islam is not our adversary. Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism."

Spoiler

She has a history of questionable funding from the Middle East, email security breaches (more out of careless naivety than anything sinister), lack of decisive analysis in favour of PC platitudes, and lack of acknowledgement of the European Islamism crisis.

However, when you look at Trump, you realise there is no real decision to be made. You realise that he is so poor a candidate that to support Clinton becomes not just obvious but inevitable. Just to sum him up in one sentence: he does not believe in man-made climate change. Just let that sink in for a moment. He was also one of the morons making a huge fuss of Obama's birth certificate. His Twitter account could quite easily be mistaken for a brilliant troll. His intelligence is so shockingly low, his knowledge of Middle Eastern politics so lacking, and his understanding of running a country so limited that he would make history as the stupidest, least experienced, and least qualified President in the history of the US. His solutions to problems are as simple as they are backwards: build walls, ban everyone, become a super-state. He appeals to the equally simple-minded, chauvinistic, future-blind and uneducated toads who view Americans as their own race - who prioritise the flourish of Americans over the flourishing of humanity.

In a time of acute religio-political conflict and war, do any of you truly believe he has the political acumen to navigate the US? I will leave you with one gif to help make up your mind:

Spoiler

I don't see how Trump not believing in man-made climate change is his most obviously stupid facet. It's not particularly stupid that people see that we are coming out of an ice age due to a natural cycle, and are not additionally able to understand that the process is also being accelerated by humans. In the end, it's a man not believing in a scientific theory which most of us don't fully understand. Sure, you and I put our trust in the views of climatologists, but that does not make us smart, because we ourselves barely understand the intricasies of the science of it, and we ourselves have not discovered the proof of it. It doesn't take intelligence just to go along with what the consensus says.

I'd say Trump's stupidest facet is his lack of understanding of diplomacy and tact. He has as much as a child.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by KingBradly
I don't see how Trump not believing in man-made climate change is his most obviously stupid facet. It's not particularly stupid that people see that we are coming out of an ice age due to a natural cycle, and are not additionally able to understand that the process is also being accelerated by humans. In the end, it's a man not believing in a scientific theory which most of us don't fully understand. Sure, you and I put our trust in the views of climatologists, but that does not make us smart, because we ourselves barely understand the intricasies of the science of it, and we ourselves have not discovered the proof of it. It doesn't take intelligence just to go along with what the consensus says.

I'd say Trump's stupidest facet is his lack of understanding of diplomacy and tact. He has as much as a child.

lol you people get dumber and dumber
no and no

alas, we have no better choice.
I don't see how Trump not believing in man-made climate change is his most obviously stupid facet. It's not particularly stupid that people see that we are coming out of an ice age due to a natural cycle, and are not additionally able to understand that the process is also being accelerated by humans.

I said it very neatly summed him up, i.e. unscientific, unknowledgeable and a conspiracy theorist. And I disagree, I would class that as stupid. More to the point, what difference does it make what the stupidest aspect of Trump is? There are many, take your pick!

In the end, it's a man not believing in a scientific theory which most of us don't fully understand. Sure, you and I put our trust in the views of climatologists, but that does not make us smart, because we ourselves barely understand the intricasies of the science of it, and we ourselves have not discovered the proof of it. It doesn't take intelligence just to go along with what the consensus says.

a) It takes intelligence to understand the reasoning and, upon critical reflection and further reading, deem it to be logically sound and beyond reasonable doubt. You do not have to understand the intricacies of all the science to understand whether an experiment shows a true result; to understand whether there is more evidence for something or against it; to think in a well-informed and rational way. I agree there is an important element of trust in the science but I see no reason why that precludes intelligence. It doesn't mean I need to know how to analyse ice cores in a lab. Evaluating and interpreting evidence is a pillar of intelligence. Even the very process of trusting the scientists and thinking: "well this argument has lots of peer-reviewed articles in favour of it so it is likely more true than the argument against it" requires more intelligence than the reverse, which leads me to

b) Making claims against man-made climate change requires unintelligence. It requires stupidity to make that positive claim because it requires one to ignore the evidence against their position and believe the opposite despite little or no evidence for their position. Irrationality and unproven beliefs are the pillar of unintelligence.
Original post by alevelstresss
lol you people get dumber and dumber

How was that dumb?
How was that dumb?

you're actually buying Trump's non-belief in climate change

he ignores climate change because the big energy corporations which sponsor the Republicans don't want their businesses cut

he ignores climate change because the big energy corporations which sponsor the Republicans don't want their businesses cut

No I'm not. Learn to read.
Reply 27
Original post by Hihihi123
This whole election is now a case of do you want to be poisoned or shot in the face- have a slow painful death at the hands of Hillary Clinton only serving the interests of the corporate banks and MNCs (and there's no doubt that she'll go through with the TPP) or die quickly but messily at the hands of Trump who tbh won't actually pass anything that radical because he won't have the support (plus he can't be as bad as Bush.... Bush created ISIS essentially so he's set a pretty high **** up bar).
As for whether she's a good person- no, obviously not. She is hugely corrupt and to judge her character one only needs to look at the way she treated the women who had affairs with Bill Clinton. That says it all.
Should she be President? No. But neither should Trump. Honestly, Bernie should've been the winner of the primaries- it was rigged against him from the start. Even if you don't think that he should've won, it's clear that she shouldn't have either. It's pretty clear how she's going to be as President just by looking at the fact that she made the disgraced Debbie Wasserman Shultz, the perpetrator of a rigged primary, her campaign chair literally 2 DAYS after she resigned. She's going into Washington owing favours and that's not somebody you want in charge of the country. But like I said, Trump is a bumbling neanderthal so you don't want him either.

I've honestly stopped following the election because it's too sad to watch.

Bush set the circumstances for Isis to happen Obama and Clinton armed them and Clinton wants to continue to arm 'Rebels' despite the history of it going wrong.
Original post by joecphillips
Bush set the circumstances for Isis to happen Obama and Clinton armed them and Clinton wants to continue to arm 'Rebels' despite the history of it going wrong.

Perfect.
Crooked Hillary says it all

He is a known conspiracy theorist. He is obsessed with them, and has embarrassed himself multiple times. Open a new tab and go read his tweets.

And even if this is all an act to support the energy corporations - why on earth is that a good thing? It's equally reprehensible. You've put him in a lose-lose situation and seem proud about it.
The United States Of America a country where:

1.Kim Kardashian is a role model
2.Kanye West is a genius
3..., and Hilary Clinton,Trump are suitable presidential nominees :wink:

Unfortunately the best (smart) (good) people often do not run for president, due to the stress,responsibility etc that comes with the job.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending