The Student Room Group

Medicine Clearing

Is it possible to apply for Medicine through clearing even if you haven't applied for Medicine in the first place? Say you chose a career path but on results day, you achieve excellent results in subjects that include Chemistry and Biology, then would you be able to try and get a place through Clearing for Medicine?
Reply 1
St George's did go into clearing this year. Bare in mind that you will have to do the UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by ipanda99
St George's did go into clearing this year. Bare in mind that you will have to do the UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So would that be the only requirement in this scenario? Complete it and get a high score? I've got it booked for the end of this month :smile:
Reply 3
I would suggest going onto their website. As you will find it would make it clearer to you, however, St George's did get 1800 calls for clearing so be prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ipanda99
St George's did get 1800 calls for clearing so be prepared.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bloody hell
Reply 5
Original post by mehraz124
Is it possible to apply for Medicine through clearing even if you haven't applied for Medicine in the first place? Say you chose a career path but on results day, you achieve excellent results in subjects that include Chemistry and Biology, then would you be able to try and get a place through Clearing for Medicine?

I have a friend who tried the George's route. They expect you to have already done the UKCAT. So if you're starting in September 2017 they expect you to have done it summer 2016.
It's not for those that didn't apply to medicine. But more for those that either received no offers after applying for medicine or missed their A*AA offers and got AAA instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My school aren't letting me apply for medicine this year and are instead making me apply for a different course due to getting ABBB in my AS levels - if i turn this up to AAA/A*AA would i still not stand a chance through clearing.
I just did my UKCAT today and got 650.
Is this still ok? considering I'm not applying to medicine this year, but have done my UKCAT anyway?
Might be best to apply next year once you have tour A levels and maybe with an improved |UKCAT?
Original post by redhelen
Might be best to apply next year once you have tour A levels and maybe with an improved |UKCAT?

Yeah - I'm completely fine with taking a gap year and boosting my application.
But would I still be able to apply through clearing for St Georges and give it a go, do you think?
Original post by greys-anatomy
My school aren't letting me apply for medicine this year and are instead making me apply for a different course due to getting ABBB in my AS levels - if i turn this up to AAA/A*AA would i still not stand a chance through clearing.
I just did my UKCAT today and got 650.
Is this still ok? considering I'm not applying to medicine this year, but have done my UKCAT anyway?

Why are they not letting you apply this year? if you have AAA predicted, you can apply with that UKCAT score (depending on your GCSEs etc).
Original post by ForestCat
Why are they not letting you apply this year? if you have AAA predicted, you can apply with that UKCAT score (depending on your GCSEs etc).

I got ABBB - but my school will only predict me ABB (they have a strict policy where they either predict what you got, or if you're just on the borderline of scraping a grade they'd predict you the grade lower) - so they only hope i have for getting into medicine this year is through clearing, or a gap year for the next year with achieved grade.

So thats why I'm wondering if I could still apply through clearing considering i have the UKCAT :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending