The Student Room Group

Great Wall of Calais

Construction will begin shorty on the 'Great Wall of Calais'. It will cost the taxpayer £2million in an attempt to prevent migrants from crossing the Channel.
Do you think this is a waste of taxpayer pesos?
What is your opinion on the matter?

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I would rather we paid France 2 million to demolish the Jungle and move everybody to the other end of their country.
Reply 2
they should double the height and make it electrified
Reply 3
and make france pay
Reply 4
Original post by Whopper88
they should double the height and make it electrified

How about they have snipers at the top.
Reply 5
Original post by L'absurde
How about they have snipers at the top.

And a mini gun too
A̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶!̶
The wall just got 10 feet higher!
Great wall? more like a wall to protect lorries..
Reply 9
:bump:
Original post by Whopper88
and make france pay

Mexico will pay for it! By the time we build it, Mexico will have become experts at finding good deals for materials.
£2m really isn't much. Not really a big deal, just a big wall to stop migrants from climbing onto trucks.
If immigrants really are as big a problem as they say, why dont the police just shoot them? Its all political BS.
Original post by Laomedeia
If immigrants really are as big a problem as they say, why dont the police just shoot them? Its all political BS.

a little thing called 'human rights' us in the West profess to believe in to support our cultural superiority over 'savages'...
Reply 14
Where will they build a wall? Over the sea? They should just block the under wather tunnel and the problem is solved.
Original post by Laomedeia

Slaughtering thousands of innocent people is generally considered a pretty horrific solution.
You know, I'm all for escaping warzones for a better life and if what has happened in Germany and France didn't, my opinion would be of the "It's a stupid idea" kind. However, because of the sheer amounts of attack and rape that has happened, combined with the fact that we can't seem to say anything against them but they can do whatever they want (even someone being able to drape themselves in a Isis flag in Westminister but a **** isis flag being told is wrong) changes my opinion. I am know on the side that supports it. Yes, many of the refugees are genuine and the extremists are a minority however we can't risk it. There religion and ideologies does not work with ours. They shouldn't have to come to the UK.

TLDR. Build it, I support it, **** extremists.
Original post by KingBradly
Slaughtering thousands of innocent people is generally considered a pretty horrific solution.

They are criminals, so not exactly innocent.

Although I would personally just deport them all.
Original post by EdwardBarfield9
You know, I'm all for escaping warzones for a better life and if what has happened in Germany and France didn't, my opinion would be of the "It's a stupid idea" kind. However, because of the sheer amounts of attack and rape that has happened, combined with the fact that we can't seem to say anything against them but they can do whatever they want (even someone being able to drape themselves in a Isis flag in Westminister but a **** isis flag being told is wrong) changes my opinion. I am know on the side that supports it. Yes, many of the refugees are genuine and the extremists are a minority however we can't risk it. There religion and ideologies does not work with ours. They shouldn't have to come to the UK.

TLDR. Build it, I support it, **** extremists.

You sound a little conflated.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I would rather we paid France 2 million to demolish the Jungle and move everybody to the other end of their country.

They'd just come back.

The only thing more amazing than their obsession with getting into the UK is the people who think their sheer bloodymindedness should be rewarded with an open door.

Although I'd love to see how they'd defeat the wall, as they'll inevitably try to.

There's a lot of European coastline for them to try illegal crossings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending