The Student Room Group

Students not Wearing thier ID Passes :p

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You guys seem like your complaining but this is my first time with ID cards and lanyards and I like it a lot. When I get all through places I do have to turn it around so people can't see my name though.:biggrin:
When I did a course at North Lindsey College during 2010/11 academic year, on one of the first days, I went down to the library to get me photo taken so that my ID card could be made for me, but then whilst I was in the queue, I left to go to the toilet, didn't go back again to the queue, and went through the whole course I was on without a student ID card and without ever being asked for ID by anybody!* :biggrin:

Spoiler

During school they introduced them so that we could use it for registration and paying for lunch, but the register system failed and no one ever wore them, but at the start of the year they would always make a fuss about us wearing them; I had to pay £5 twice for a replacements that I wore the first day back after summer and never again. And it was so useless, as I never ate lunch in school anyway.

Original post by ❃ Stardust ❃
I remember at my sixth form college you had to press your ID card on the reader to get in the building as there are barriers (pretty much like using your oyster card on the tube). If you forgot it the security guards wouldn't let you in even if they recognise you.

I can still remmeber a girl asking 'even if you greet the security guard everyday can they not let you through' and my tutor said no. No ID, no entry - you literally had to rush home to get it. if you lived a distance your ID is the most important thing (You can miss you lesson by the time you arrive home to pick it up). Luckily enough I always had my ID at hand, I only had one small encounter, but that was only about 2 min away from my house.

There was a guy who lived about an hour away from sixth form, whenever he realised he forgot his ID he would just go home.

It was similar in my sixth form college, except you were allowed temporary passes. Every morning the security guard told me to put my ID on, but I took it off like 5 seconds later. There was even this girl who asked if they could change the colour of the lanyards because it doesn't go with her outfits.
Reply 23
Original post by NotNotBatman
During school they introduced them so that we could use it for registration and paying for lunch, but the register system failed and no one ever wore them, but at the start of the year they would always make a fuss about us wearing them; I had to pay £5 twice for a replacements that I wore the first day back after summer and never again. And it was so useless, as I never ate lunch in school anyway.

It was similar in my sixth form college, except you were allowed temporary passes. Every morning the security guard told me to put my ID on, but I took it off like 5 seconds later. There was even this girl who asked if they could change the colour of the lanyards because it doesn't go with her outfits.

Was the colour that bad?😂
Original post by Rajive
Was the colour that bad?😂

It was orange, so I'd have to agree with her.
It was orange, so I'd have to agree with her.

Couldn't u just use your own lanyard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BritishRailAPT
When I did a course at North Lindsey College during 2010/11 academic year, on one of the first days, I went down to the library to get me photo taken so that my ID card could be made for me, but then whilst I was in the queue, I left to go to the toilet, didn't go back again to the queue, and went through the whole course I was on without a student ID card and without ever being asked for ID by anybody!* :biggrin:

Spoiler

I'm surprised nobody's made a fuss about my whole year without an ID badge thing I posted earlier and just quoted. :colonhash:
Original post by I am Kira
Couldn't u just use your own lanyard

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you weren't allowed to. There was one guy who tried to do that and the teacher ripped it off of his neck and threw it in the bin and gave him an orange one.
No, you weren't allowed to. There was one guy who tried to do that and the teacher ripped it off of his neck and threw it in the bin and gave him an orange one.

Lol that teacher sounds like a right prat

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, he's actually one of the best teachers I've had and the kid laughed about it as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it doesn't even come close to my year without any ID story, does it? :u:
Reply 31
In my college they take it seriously . Teachers don't really care whether we have our ID passes. My college hired this guy to tell people to put on their ID passes , spit chewing gum out ,catch people who aren't in their lessons and if your wearing your hood .Every 5 mins he stops someone which is really funny . He's a nightmare. The number of times I got stopped last year because of his existence in my college. They take it so seriously due to security reason and if you constantly forget to put on your ID pass you get a disciplinary action. Not gonna lie his job is bare calm , all he does is chill in canteen .
Reply 32
My college has security guards outside who check you have your lanyard and ID but quite a lot of us at college don't mind wearing them because the lanyard is purple unless your in the student council where it is blue or a student mentor which is yellow.

I don't mind my student ID and lanyard, I forget I'm wearing it after a while

I don't consider myself that way
most of the watches I sold given to me by my uncles when they upgraded
I'd say i make more than the average earner but a lot is in investments and savings that generate growth
Original post by Ivee
When I first started going to my college they were a bit more relaxed about student badges; you had to wear them, but if you forgot it, it didn't really matter you just wrote your name down and got a sticker from reception. Now, they have security guards everywhere and you're sent home if you don't have it. My college is directly next to a train station and we've been evacuated several times in the past year because of bomb scares in both the college and the train station.

My college is right next to a train starion as well. Theres security guards at the entrance usually.
Original post by mariam687
trusss, i have to wear mine at all times, smh the dumb thing is that if you forget to bring your ID card they'll make you wear a tshirt saying "i forgot my ID card" loooooooool
WoW... Reeeeeeeealy... That's just Cruuuueeeeeeeeeeel....

If you forget your ID at my College you'll get issued a temporary pass, but the neck bit will be pink, so everyone will know you forgot your pass =p

Our tutor warned us however that if we were to keep forgetting our pass we could get put onto a Stage 1 Disciplinary. Keep forgetting it, and it could become Stage 3.... After that, permanent exclusion! :O :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
To all those who think it's annoying, if you can't be bothered to follow the rules, maybe college is not the place for you after all.
Original post by CollegeStudent99
WoW... Reeeeeeeealy... That's just Cruuuueeeeeeeeeeel....

If you forget your ID at my College you'll get issued a temporary pass, but the neck bit will be pink, so everyone will know you forgot your pass =p

Our tutor warned us however that if we were to keep forgetting our pass we could get put onto a Stage 1 Disciplinary. Keep forgetting it, and it could become Stage 3.... After that, permanent exclusion! :O :s-smilie:

Ikr, so stupid
Ahh icic, pink.. how lovely..haha

damn, permanent?! peakkkk
^^^^ im crynign w hat
Forgot my ID badge this week and to buy your lunch you have to put money onto your card (at the machine) so I went to Reception and asked for a temporary pass. The woman said not to worry and took me to another room to get a temporary one. I then said I was on free College meals so she put £2.50 on (I normally only get £2.00) so I was able to get the meal deal (sandwich+bottle of water/carton+fruit/yogurt) for £2.50.

It did mean having to wear a pink lanyard though... :embarrassed:

Quick Reply

Latest