The Student Room Group

Chinese airline warns passengers about London areas populated by Pakistanis & blacks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
No, to be honest China has very little crime compared to Britain, Europe and the US.

Sorry, I never knew that. I really take back what I said. But you can't say China is a crime free country. I am not criticizing the Chinese but what my point is that the level of crime is not dependent on one's race or ethnicity.
Original post by The_Opinion
They were not British, they were Indian and Nepali, why don't you read your own sources?

Yes they were Indian, that's what I'm saying duh.
The benefits of having what is basically a mono-culture + a very small welfare state + tough prisons and sentencing.

If you say so
Original post by saran23
Sorry, I never knew that. I really take back what I said. But you can't say China is a crime free country. I am not criticizing the Chinese but what my point is that the level of crime is not dependent on one's race or ethnicity.

No, but ones chances of being the victim of a crime, and calculating the risk of becoming a victim of crime is heavily influenced by the race of the perpetrator. Put another way, if a Chinese tourist is walking down the street and he has a choice of 2 directions, 1 will take him past a black guy, the other a white guy, it is better for him to chose to walk past the white guy, he is less likely to become the victim of a crime, even if both the white and black guys are most likely to to not commit any crime at all.
No, but ones chances of being the victim of a crime, and calculating the risk of becoming a victim of crime is heavily influenced by the race of the perpetrator. Put another way, if a Chinese tourist is walking down the street and he has a choice of 2 directions, 1 will take him past a black guy, the other a white guy, it is better for him to chose to walk past the white guy, he is less likely to become the victim of a crime, even if both the white and black guys are most likely to to not commit any crime at all.

Just like to add....
Original post by biglad2k16
Well I'm of Indian descent and I'm very much British so I don't see why some people on this thread seem to think Indian, Pakistani, Black = non-British

Same reason that most astronomers dont consider the moons of Jupiter to be Martian.
I do remember hearing about a Martian meteorite being picked up in Antarctica tho, still, it wasnt considered a penguin.
Reply 166
In my opinion the Chinese are doing the right thing without fear of political correctness.
Good for them!
Reply 167
The last remnants of the BNP have crawled out of the woodwork into the chat clearly... The Chinese airline in question is the height of hypocrisy. They DEMAND total respect for their culture when WE visit, but are perfectly happy to slander other countries. They are too big for their boots and it will come back to them in time.

All you saying they're right, have a think about what this airline is actually saying about your country that you're so proud of. You're being misdirected away from the common problem. It lies not with us, but with them.

If you truly mean to have pride in your country, you would not tolerate this behaviour from another. You would strive to make the best of what you have and learn about the cultures which are very much a part of the place you live in. That's what it means to have respect for your country.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saran23
Is being British defined by colour? That would be barbaric.

According to Sir Robert Mugabe it is

He chased all 300,000 (former white Rhodesians) from Zimbabwe, even though the vast majority were born there. His argument was you can not be "african" and white, all "british" should not be allowed to own land and must leave.
Original post by remiremi
According to Sir Robert Mugabe it is

He chased all 300,000 (former white Rhodesians) from Zimbabwe, even though the vast majority were born there. His argument was you can not be "african" and white, all "british" should not be allowed to own land and must leave.

Yes but that kind of racism is allowed and good, because, reasons.
Original post by JPO92
The last remnants of the BNP have crawled out of the woodwork into the chat clearly... The Chinese airline in question is the height of hypocrisy. They DEMAND total respect for their culture when WE visit, but are perfectly happy to slander other countries. They are too big for their boots and it will come back to them in time.

All you saying they're right, have a think about what this airline is actually saying about your country that you're so proud of. You're being misdirected away from the common problem. It lies not with us, but with them.

If you truly mean to have pride in your country, you would not tolerate this behaviour from another. You would strive to make the best of what you have and learn about the cultures which are very much a part of the place you live in. That's what it means to have respect for your country.

The Chinese airline did not slander Britain at all, they simply told the truth, you can take your Chinese racism and bigoted views elsewhere.
Reply 171
The Chinese airline did not slander Britain at all, they simply told the truth, you can take your Chinese racism and bigoted views elsewhere.

Au contraire, who is the bigoted one and who is not? All I read was 'label,label,label, blaa blaa blaa'. You've said a lot, about yourself, without saying anything about me.

In order to be racist you have to have an agenda against the race. I have no agenda, but that doesn't mean I won't defend the country I live in from 'truths' as you put it.

Besides, I was asking for us to accept the multicultural society we live in and understand it better as the Chinese clearly make no effort to do and as you have made no effort to understand me. It begs the question, Who is the bigoted one? Who is intolerant and narrow minded?
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay, this is how I would translate it (word for word) from Chinese:

Going to London to travel is very safe. However, places where Indians, Pakistanis, and black people gather in are comparatively more disordered/chaotic. It is best to not go out alone at night and for women to be always accompanied by another person when travelling.

So pretty much the same, aside from the second sentence!

your views are the bigoted ones

remember that time you said the Orlando victims were responsible for their own deaths? I have still got that screenshot in case you forgot
Reply 174
Original post by alevelstresss
your views are the bigoted ones

remember that time you said the Orlando victims were responsible for their own deaths? I have still got that screenshot in case you forgot

It is plain in the language used. Marks me as racist and a bigot, offers no justification whatsoever and assumes that the Chinese have the total 'truth' of it, just because it resonates with his beliefs. I am all too well acquainted with this type of response.
Original post by fallen_acorns
very true.*

Saw it on BBC earlier and showed it to my chinese wife.. .she said who cares? Chinese tourists dont want to go to anywhere *****y/dangerous/risky/non-british.. They pay a ton of money (serriously expensive to visit england from china) so that they can see traditional britian.. they want the queen, downtown abbey, sherlock, british gentlemen, posh shops etc. - why would their airline not advise them on where not to go, so that they can avoid dissapointment.*

She also had the same reaction you mentioned, when she first came to england to study, she describes feeling like she had arrived in india, as it was not until she had travelled about a fair bit towards the university that she finally saw her first white person. I dont think she saw the england she had hoped to see/live in until I took her outside of london, to the southwest..*

I'm glad somebody appreciates our culture, increasing amounts of our own people don't.
Original post by niceguy95
With every paedophile/sex offender/child abuser being a middle aged to old white man I keep seeing in the news everyday, im surprised why they'd visit any part of London tbh

Except for Rotherham etc.
Original post by TercioOfParma
Except for Rotherham etc.

Both are wrong, but what im saying isn't a lie.
Ever since Saville, every time I look the papers its some old white celeb/norm guy and It getting so repetitive, I know the perpetrator before they are revealed smh. A common trend
Original post by RivalPlayer
White people can do no wrong. The Chinese fawning over white Brits/Europeans is nothing new. They've been conditioned to believe that members of the Royal Family and the cast of Downton Abbey are accurate representations of the average white British population.

seems like they've got the wrong idea about white people then

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Original post by usycool1
Going back to your previous point though, you said you'd go to Japan to see Japanese people.*

But you also said people from China comr to see white people. Can British people not be black?*

Can Japanese people be black?

Quick Reply