The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Had an interview with Blackstone today to work part time around uni this year but won't know of the outcome till late next week and probs wouldn't be starting until 3 weeks. Should I hold off submitting any apps another week so I can at least write down will be working part time at BX part time this year starting from XXX?

Also Have any of you heard anything back from CS after sitting the test or does it mean we have passed?

Cheers!
Original post by ESTATEREAL
Had an interview with Blackstone today to work part time around uni this year but won't know of the outcome till late next week and probs wouldn't be starting until 3 weeks. Should I hold off submitting any apps another week so I can at least write down will be working part time at BX part time this year starting from XXX?

Also Have any of you heard anything back from CS after sitting the test or does it mean we have passed?

Cheers!

Defo wait geeza, straight game chnga
Original post by TheParham
Mate talentQ is litt .. The pass rate is much more comfortable than SHL

I've never done any talentq, what they like?
ESTATEREAL - I wish you the best of luck with Blac

Original post by ESTATEREAL

Cheers!

I'd probably wait as well - good luck with the result! I do hope you realise, however, that working part time at Blackstone would probably mean that there is a very decent chance of falling behind on uni, as I doubt they would be as considerate about your academic progress as they would about your tasks.... I am also surprised that they offer part-time work.
I wonder if the 'untimed' Barclays test is actually timed.
anyone know if the barclays online video interview stage is just competency/motivational?
Original post by philerus
I wonder if the 'untimed' Barclays test is actually timed.

I'm sure it is but people here have taken three hours on it and still got through so I genuinely don't think it matters...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dante991
Not sure I dont think anyone has heard back yet, how did you find it? how many questions did you have to do in how many minutes, was it a standard 20 mins 20 qs?

How long after sending off the app, do DB take to invite for tests?
Original post by Dante991
I've never done any talentq, what they like?

Each question is timed rather than the entire test, different format and stuff but there are couple of free practice ones that you could do to familiarise yourself mate
Generally, rejections are instant following completion of online tests?
Original post by lewiskh97
Generally, rejections are instant following completion of online tests?

Generally within 48 hours, except for Barclays. Not sure what they are doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long after application for Citi to invite you to test?? It's been 5 days now...
Original post by A12R34
How long after application for Citi to invite you to test?? It's been 5 days now...

said this before, could be weeks if they want it to. they review your app before sending test and they also review different divisions and roles at different times. they only opened a week ago, may not even be reviewing any apps for your role for example.. it literally took 2-3 weeks for some tests to come through last year
Is BNP open? i've looked and theres VIE programmes open but cant seen the general ones?
Original post by S_12345
Is BNP open? i've looked and theres VIE programmes open but cant seen the general ones?

not open yet, checked this morning.. should be open soon tho as they opened their grads for paris
Original post by fred_morgan
I contacted the HR, I'll let you know as soon as they reply!

Did you manage to sort this out? I'm having the same problem, I can't use the email I used to apply for spring weeks last year.
Original post by TheParham
not open yet, checked this morning.. should be open soon tho as they opened their grads for paris

Ah okay, thanks
If you begin a cover letter with Dear X recruitment team, do you sign it with yours sincerely or faithfully. ?
I signed one with sincerely and online it says unless you have the specific name, do faithfully?
Original post by S_12345
If you begin a cover letter with Dear X recruitment team, do you sign it with yours sincerely or faithfully. ?
I signed one with sincerely and online it says unless you have the specific name, do faithfully?

no one cares
Original post by S_12345

I always do faithfully although I agree that these cover letters will be screened so quickly probably no one will notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending