The Student Room Group

I cannot gauge his interest?

I met a guy online, the issue is that he lives far away in another city. From past experience I have learned never to come out and ask the guy whether he had interest in me or not, I feel like you can never get the truth. Anyways we started skyping/texting a couple weeks ago and we really clicked. I know a man should court the woman, but I decided to plan a visit to his city.

I will be paying for the ticket and we plan on going to an amusement park for the day, I will fly out the same night. He is always enthusiastic when I am talking to him and mentions doing things together, he is excited about me going over there. The thing is though, I always have to initiate contact over skype (he is always open to it and we spend hours on skype). His texting habits take getting used to, we usually always text good morning/night and he does initiate text, but he always drops out of the convo/takes hours sometimes to respond. I feel if he wasn't truly interested he wouldn't text at all/he wouldn't spend hours w/me on skype. Opinions? btw he let on that he was insecure and always needed reassurance in a relationship
Reply 1
Original post by Hellothere2013
I met a guy online, the issue is that he lives far away in another city. From past experience I have learned never to come out and ask the guy whether he had interest in me or not, I feel like you can never get the truth. Anyways we started skyping/texting a couple weeks ago and we really clicked. I know a man should court the woman, but I decided to plan a visit to his city.

I will be paying for the ticket and we plan on going to an amusement park for the day, I will fly out the same night. He is always enthusiastic when I am talking to him and mentions doing things together, he is excited about me going over there. The thing is though, I always have to initiate contact over skype (he is always open to it and we spend hours on skype). His texting habits take getting used to, we usually always text good morning/night and he does initiate text, but he always drops out of the convo/takes hours sometimes to respond. I feel if he wasn't truly interested he wouldn't text at all/he wouldn't spend hours w/me on skype. Opinions? btw he let on that he was insecure and always needed reassurance in a relationship

IMO I think he likes you but is hesitant to make the first move.

Kolia :smile:
Original post by Hellothere2013

When you guys meet in person you'll be able to gauge his interest based on how he acts towards you. From what you've written here though I'd say he's quite into you. Believe me if he wasn't he'd be giving you short curt replies, avoiding Skype, and wouldve probably stopped talking to you by the end of the first week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending