The Student Room Group

Number of migrants claiming benefits in Germany surged by 169 percent from 2014-2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PTMalewski
It would be a bit time consuming to explain. I advice you to study what exactly did happen in Iran for starters, and after that to study other countries.
Also add to that Islam was in a middle of crisis during colonial era, that ended after WWII. It has far better environment now, when inidels are not dominating the world so obviously, and when political goals can be achieved on own ground.

You're right on the fact that US is trying to use local conflics for own interest's, but this isn't an only reason.
Husseing is a good example too. Although relatively secular, he prescribed Quran with own blood. Religions plays very important role in that part of the world and muslims are divided. There are other problems, such as local oligarchies etc.

What happened in Iran??

Like the British and the Americans overthrowing a genuinely democratic leader in 1953 because he went against their interests and replacing him with a tyrannical dictator?
Original post by Inzamam99
Wow.

This forum genuinely is the Nazi Room. I suggest we put badges on all the Muslims to identify them and put them into Ghettos to keep the general population safe.

Sieg HEIL

Go on then, I'll bite. Pray tell me exactly what I said that could be associated with Hitler.
Why not give an intellectual one instead of avoiding it because you don't have a clue

Why would you imply that you don't have a clue.
Wow.

This forum genuinely is the Nazi Room. I suggest we put badges on all the Muslims to identify them and put them into Ghettos to keep the general population safe.

Sieg HEIL

Any attempt to divert even a modicum of blame or responsibility from western foreign policy is a marker of far-right sympathising/Neo-Nazi traits. I can't believe people are actually trying to put blame on desires for a religious empire/caliphate that may have theological backing.

You saw right through these racist toffs!

Best mittar <3
Original post by MasterJack
Even the far right sources can be right on something, right? If the Daily Mail reported smoking increases lung cancer, I'm not going to see it as my duty as a liberal to begin chain smoking.

And even if Breitbart was posting pure unrefined BS, what about the Reuters article, are they far right too? No, but you immediately jumped to accusing the OP of making out immigrants and Muslims to be criminals.

Don't pretend to me for one second that Mathemagicien didn't want to incriminate Muslims/immigrants by posting this, a quick check of his posting history shows you that he would (but can't anymore :laugh:) post any unreliable DM/Breitbart article if it agreed with his racist views.

And obviously smoking causing lung cancer, a globally accepted consequence and backed up by scientific research, is entirely different to claiming some stuff about migrants wanting benefits.

Breitbart is far-right, that is just a well-known fact. Reuters isn't. But each news source presented the far-right source of the FPO differently, Reuters was more balanced, whereas Breitbart was quick to politicise it into an anti-immigrant article.

Like the British and the Americans overthrowing a genuinely democratic leader in 1953 because he went against their interests and replacing him with a tyrannical dictator?

You are missing the cultural background. Same as americans which led to their disaster out there.

The War in Terror begins = huge rise in terrorism.
Invasion of Iraq = another rise in terrorism.
Drone attacks = same result
Overthrowing of Gaddafi = same
Funding of Syrian FA and more fundamentalist groups = same result,

But you're right. Western foreign policy, mass murder, colonialism and exploitation does nothing to disillusion people and lead them into the arms of Wahabbis and other filth :smile:

It reminds me saying that ISIS can build a nuke, because they can build a drone. Nah, sorry, I can build you a drone, but nuke is impossible for me, even If I had all necessary sources and equipment.

The War in Terror begins = huge rise in terrorism.

And this comes from CIA agents who pretend to be muslims and command all these groups, or there is a background in culture for this?

Invasion of Iraq = another rise in terrorism.

Same as above. + Saddam was acting a good muslim recently, and simply was killing those who did not listen to him.

If western foreign policy changed, are you claiming that these people would somehow be persuaded that their interpretations are incorrect and they would revert to more popular interpretations?

Drone attacks = same result
Overthrowing of Gaddafi = same
Funding of Syrian FA and more fundamentalist groups = same result,

As above, that is only a trigger, for mechanism that was already there.

Wow.

Sieg HEIL

The Nazis had no evidence to support their pointless and cruel policy.
I'm not saying about the refuuges- less than 1% are terrorists, and unknown number are only economical immigrants, but the ISIS members certainl ought to be hanged on trees.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alevelstresss
Don't pretend to me for one second that Mathemagicien didn't want to incriminate Muslims/immigrants by posting this...And obviously smoking causing lung cancer, a globally accepted consequence and backed up by scientific research, is entirely different to claiming some stuff about migrants wanting benefits....Breitbart is far-right, that is just a well-known fact. Reuters isn't. But each news source presented the far-right source of the FPO differently, Reuters was more balanced, whereas Breitbart was quick to politicise it into an anti-immigrant article.

There's a problem: an element of projection/mind-reading is required on your part. In other words he didn't post anything directly exhibiting racism. I'll elaborate:
if a bunch of my work colleagues posted here you'd accuse them of being racist and right-wing when ALL OF THEM are Indians and Pakistanis!

You're playing connect the dots when half the dots are missing. I think he trolled you and did a pretty good job of it too!

And as for the smoking point, it was an analogy, I'm not sure if you're being obtuse here or misunderstood what I'm trying to get across: whether or not a source is right-wing should not excuse you from ignoring points raised. You totally ignored the "unbiased" Reuters article (headline summarised: immigrants almost doubling benefit claim)- it wasn't addressed at all.

In your position I would've taken the Breitbart article, showed where it was right (factually, not politically, facts>politics), where it was wrong, explain what's going on in the Reuters article, etc.
Original post by MasterJack
There's a problem: an element of projection/mind-reading is required on your part. In other words he didn't post anything directly exhibiting racism. I'll elaborate:
if a bunch of my work colleagues posted here you'd accuse them of being racist and right-wing when ALL OF THEM are Indians and Pakistanis!

You're playing connect the dots when half the dots are missing. I think he trolled you and did a pretty good job of it too!

And as for the smoking point, it was an analogy, I'm not sure if you're being obtuse here or misunderstood what I'm trying to get across: whether or not a source is right-wing should not excuse you from ignoring points raised. You totally ignored the "unbiased" Reuters article (headline summarised: immigrants almost doubling benefit claim)- it wasn't addressed at all.

In your position I would've taken the Breitbart article, showed where it was right (factually, not politically, facts>politics), where it was wrong, explain what's going on in the Reuters article, etc.

I think you agree with his racist views and you are therefore unconditionally predisposed to disagreeing with me.

There will be a short term economic cost to the migrants for Germany but however - as we've seen with the UK - they will reap
economic gain.
Reply 49
I suggest we put badges on all the Muslims to identify them and put them into Ghettos to keep the general population safe.

They do that on their own.

Muslims already wear distinctive clothes and stick together in ghettos.
Reply 50
Original post by skeptical_john
There will be a short term economic cost to the migrants for Germany but however - as we've seen with the UK - they will reap economic gain.

The short term economic cost is estimated at up to €141 billion in the next five years: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-germany-costs-idUSKCN0Y50DY
It's going to be long before we see a "gain".
Reply 51
So it's Britain's responsibility to be the US's dog and help ruin countries around the world but when it comes to taking responsibility for their crimes, oh no! We have too many "poor" people to take in a few thousand more.

I do agree that Britain has a responsibility to help the refugees which it is currently doing by inviting 20,000 refugees until 2020.
Secondly, there are issues within this country which should be a priority for the government to fix such as building enough houses and tackling rent prices which is frankly out of order in some parts of the country someone on a very good income could find that actually all their money will go towards paying for towards the rent.
But Germany has been enriched?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending