The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karimbayoumi
Thanks, tbh Manchester attracts me because of the city and the course. I hear it was always a powerhouse uni.

Don't listen to the other guy Manchester is a great uni. Like you've said you are more attracted to Manchester. Have you visited all three of these unis btw?
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Don't listen to the other guy Manchester is a great uni. Like you've said you are more attracted to Manchester. Have you visited all three of these unis btw?

I didn't say Manchester was not a great university, just that the other two are generally better. I just presented the facts and it's on his volition what university he chooses. He clearly wants to go to Manchester so perhaps he should.
Original post by grassntai
TBH I think we should take all rankings with a pinch of salt. I think the top 5 universities in our country is obviously Oxbridge, UCL, Imperial and LSE. The others don't came close.
I'm guessing you go to one of these unis?
I didn't say Manchester was not a great university, just that the other two are generally better. I just presented the facts and it's on his volition what university he chooses. He clearly wants to go to Manchester so perhaps he should.

I mean to say Birmingham is generally better is debatable. But say Bath is generally better than Manchaster is a bit OTT. If you are just refering to the mechanical engineering course then yeah I'd agree, you could say the other two are better than Manchester.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
I'm guessing you go to Manchester? Nope, I applied to both Birmingham and Bath (both fantastic universities that nearly tempted me), but I chose to go to UCL instead (which rejects many individuals who end up going to KCL and QMUL)

I'm sure you're doing one of the really competitive courses there like Circus arts or Lesbian dance philosophy right?
Original post by Vividly clear
I'm sure you're doing one of the really competitive courses there like Circus arts or Lesbian dance philosophy right?

lol I was joking with the post, I don't go to UCL, just wanted to bait you lmao.
lol I was joking with the post, I don't go to UCL, just wanted to bait you lmao.

LOL.

I'm sure you were the one who also accused me of that post.

I'm on to you schmuck.
These sorta threads are so fun.
Also, I have never encountered a more accurate description than the 'People say warwick is great but nobody actually knows why when you ask' statement made earlier.
Original post by lordoftheties
Also, I have never encountered a more accurate description than the 'People say warwick is great but nobody actually knows why when you ask' statement made earlier.
So do you think Warwick is overrated?
So do you think Warwick is overrated?

Hell yeya
Hell yeya

Oh ok. I mean they are really good for Maths
Oh ok. I mean they are really good for Maths

This is what I mean ffs, they're alright, hell im actually more inclined to say theyre good, but REALLY good? Pour que? Explain plz
KCL is overrated cause it admitted you.

in reality every university is overrated lol.
This is what I mean ffs, they're alright, hell im actually more inclined to say theyre good, but REALLY good? Pour que? Explain plz

It's in Coventry.

Coming from a guy doing Compsci at Kings which is clearly incredibly competitive...

(edited 7 years ago)

Hehe I mean their Maths course is rigorous and comparable to Cambridge's Maths course. They are ranked 32nd in the world ....and now i've run out LOL. But i get wym people praise them a bit too much without definitive evidence.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
It's in Coventry.

Coming from a guy doing Compsci at Kings which is clearly incredibly competitive...

8th by the Telegraph and previously in the top 20 on the Guardian league tables.

Do you even go to uni you troll?
8th by the Telegraph and previously in the top 20 on the Guardian league tables.

Do you even go to uni you troll?

Sure did, you can talk about league tables all you want but at the end of the day they 1. Require AAB and 2. Let you on the course. Doesn't sound very competitive to me.
Original post by BabyLadDarren
Sure did, you can talk about league tables all you want but at the end of the day they 1. Require AAB and 2. Let you on the course. Doesn't sound very competitive to me.

And

3. I'm at University
4. You aren't
Reply 279
And

3. I'm at University
4. You aren't

No you're not.

Latest

Trending

Trending