The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know if UBS is characters with spaces? When I put my answers in, it doesn't tell me when I am meeting the limit.
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Why is that funny? (Don't mean to sound hostile - genuine question :smile: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was sarcasm haha, it took me ages to do! But I see the purpose behind them.
Good luck to everyone applying to spring week 2017! I am going to start software engineering for business at Queen Mary university of London and was wondering if you think I will be able to get a place? I feel like they will only want students from Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, and Warwick. Is there anything I can do to make my CV stand out? Thank you very much.
Original post by cortizmoreno
Good luck to everyone applying to spring week 2017! I am going to start software engineering for business at Queen Mary university of London and was wondering if you think I will be able to get a place? I feel like they will only want students from Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Imperial, and Warwick. Is there anything I can do to make my CV stand out? Thank you very much.

Well obviously it is going to be more difficult but I don't see why you need to ask this though? What's done uni wise is done and you're set on starting somewhere, just apply and let the banks decide how good you are now.

And not really much you can do now, since it's application season, apart from maybe network/set up alumni coffee chats and join any relevant societies. If your course has the potential of being four years long maybe opt for that and get more involved within that one extra year you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cortizmoreno

The only way in which you will 100% not get in is not applying.
On CV.. I want to use abbreviations for the dates - I've opted for Sep. 2016 - Sep. 2017

Will that do?
Original post by Aran2121
On CV.. I want to use abbreviations for the dates - I've opted for Sep. 2016 - Sep. 2017

Will that do?

Sept is the standard abbreviation for September
Original post by Aran2121

Will that do?

Doesn't matter whether it's Sept or Sep, just make sure the rest of the date formats are uniform

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks again! @Princepieman
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
How long (word-wise) are your cover letters?

300 words is the aim I hear.
what is a SEO member?
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
what is a SEO member?
A racially oppressed individual.
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
what is a SEO member?

SEO scholars is a programme that helps young people from minority backgrounds get work experience at banks and law firms and consultancies, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities. There's one for A level students and another one for university students.
Original post by Trapz99
SEO scholars is a programme that helps young people from minority backgrounds get work experience at banks and law firms and consultancies, as well as mentoring and networking opportunities. There's one for A level students and another one for university students.

Not just minority btw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Not just minority btw

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok
can you apply to the multi division program at Deutchse if you don't speak German?
plus the corporate finance option what would you equate that to M&A or below that?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bobb99998
can you apply to the multi division program at Deutchse if you don't speak German?
plus the corporate finance option what would you equate that to M&A or below that?

The SW in London is multi division - even tho it says corporate finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i saw that a few places offer specific areas to apply to eg GS IMD or GS Securities whereas places like HSBC/Barclays offer a general overview of FO.

You decide to apply for the specific dept at the end of the SW for the SI if it was a general overview style SW right? Just want to double check :smile:
Original post by tazza ma razza
i saw that a few places offer specific areas to apply to eg GS IMD or GS Securities whereas places like HSBC/Barclays offer a general overview of FO.

You decide to apply for the specific dept at the end of the SW for the SI if it was a general overview style SW right? Just want to double check :smile:

Yeah, if general you will be asked at some point - likely before interviews start. At CS Spring Week (general) this year, we were given a form on the last day and you had to select your preferred division (Global Markets, Investment Banking or Wealth Man). Will vary slightly firm-to-firm but yes.
Original post by Princepieman
The SW in London is multi division - even tho it says corporate finance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yo dude, the DB Spring Week this year was streamed into specific divisions, and everyone on the Corp Fin (IBD) focussed on it for the whole time. Unless it has changed, DB is definitely division-focussed. Guess you have heard dif from another source?

Latest

Trending

Trending