The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by DeltaGuy
So are these 1000 new vacancies only advertised internally and are they for HEO?

Yup advertised internally only at the moment and for HEO.
Hi guys, I got a successful email today and check my scores as 5 5 6 and the overall rating states: make an offer, but I have not got email for provisional offer yet. But i am sure they are dealing with it as its a big campaign
Is there anybody who applied for this position, had an interview, however NOT received the email this morning?
Original post by LBMD
Yup advertised internally only at the moment and for HEO.

That's good, maybe explains why there is no reserve list this time?
That's good, maybe explains why there is no reserve list this time?

I don't understand. What's your reasoning?

Did you notice that there's an additional competency (delivering at pace)? Also, what does O42R relate to I wonder??
My reasoning is that it would appear they have failed to get enough people to meet the minimum standard, hence the advertisement of 1000 posts internally. Also have you noticed that no one has got a reserve list letter? All just successful or unsuccessful.
No idea what 042R means lol
My reasoning is that it would appear they have failed to get enough people to meet the minimum standard, hence the advertisement of 1000 posts internally. Also have you noticed that no one has got a reserve list letter? All just successful or unsuccessful.

Oh, I see what you're saying. Hopefully!!
No idea what 042R means lol

I pressed submit on that application this morning in fear that I may have been rejected for the June batch but just seconds later I got my provisional offer with scores of 5554. What location did you apply for and also can you confirm that formal offers will be made by next week?
Reply 129
Just rang someone in HR (I already work at HMRC) and got my scores for the external post as they weren't on the CSR site (didn't go for the internal one because of the extra competencies). I scored 6,5,6 so I'd hope that that will be good enough to get me a post.
Original post by Escapalda lamen
I pressed submit on that application this morning in fear that I may have been rejected for the June batch but just seconds later I got my provisional offer with scores of 5554. What location did you apply for and also can you confirm that formal offers will be made by next week?

Hey, well done on your scores. I don't have mine yet. Unfortunately I can't confirm anything, I can only relay that which CSR tell me, and to be honest nothing has been to timescale thus far so I wouldn't take it as a certainty in terms of formal offers being made.
Hey, well done on your scores. I don't have mine yet. Unfortunately I can't confirm anything, I can only relay that which CSR tell me, and to be honest nothing has been to timescale thus far so I wouldn't take it as a certainty in terms of formal offers being made.

Thanks for that thought as much. What location have you applied for? You will hopefully get through as well. To be honest I was told via email last Friday that results will be out this week and they were so I cant fault them too much its just that I was waiting for a separate O grade tax role which I have been waiting ages just for pre employment checks even though I am now internal. But that role is irrelevant to me now.
Thanks for that thought as much. What location have you applied for? You will hopefully get through as well. To be honest I was told via email last Friday that results will be out this week and they were so I cant fault them too much its just that I was waiting for a separate O grade tax role which I have been waiting ages just for pre employment checks even though I am now internal. But that role is irrelevant to me now.

Double congrats to you then buddy! That's a good jump! I applied for Belfast so still waiting on scores.
Double congrats to you then buddy! That's a good jump! I applied for Belfast so still waiting on scores.

Thanks again well I did apply for the HEO as an external in February when bizarrely they only had one competency and seemed to fail everyone. I am actually an O grade in HMRC so not that much of a jump. Just a little bit fearful of the exams as I haven't done any exams in 10 years.
Thanks again well I did apply for the HEO as an external in February when bizarrely they only had one competency and seemed to fail everyone. I am actually an O grade in HMRC so not that much of a jump. Just a little bit fearful of the exams as I haven't done any exams in 10 years.

I am sure you will be fine and people will help each there through. You end up as an accredited accounting technician once the programme is complete isn't that right?
I am sure you will be fine and people will help each there through. You end up as an accredited accounting technician once the programme is complete isn't that right?

I'm actually not too sure to be honest.

No it's not accredited by AAT anymore.*

They are trialling ICAS training so you might get some recognition by them. *
Original post by Mega0448
No it's not accredited by AAT anymore.*

They are trialling ICAS training so you might get some recognition by them. *

Thanks
Can someone help, my gf got an email today saying she had passed the interview and they will be in touch with the next steps. Does that mean she will be offered a role? Thank you in advance :smile:

I got a provisional for O grade recently. Waiting on checks. As someone who will be starting externally was wondering what it's like? Do you enjoy etc? What's the difference between O and HO other than the pay . Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending