The Student Room Group

Module requirements for AQA Further Maths

Can someone walk me through the required/compulsory modules to take for AQA AS and A2 FM? My teacher hasn't explained it very well, I have only taken FP1 so far. I know it's 6 modules in total, but which ones are compulsory in order for the A level to complete.

Can you break it down like this when you reply, to make it clearer:

AS:
-
-
-

A2:
-
-
-

Thanks!
Original post by Mathsqueen
Can someone walk me through the required/compulsory modules to take for AQA AS and A2 FM? My teacher hasn't explained it very well, I have only taken FP1 so far. I know it's 6 modules in total, but which ones are compulsory in order for the A level to complete.

Can you break it down like this when you reply, to make it clearer:

AS:
-
-
-

A2:
-
-
-

Thanks!

AS Compulsory modules:
FP1

A2 Compulsory modules:
FP2, FP3 or FP4

Only two FP modules are compulsory for the A2 in Further Maths, the rest can be made up of whatever you like (provided the modules do not overlap with AS or A2 Maths). 3 of the 6 units for A2 Further Maths must however be of A2 standard (D2, M2-5, S2-4, FP2-4).

There are many valid combinations, one of which could be:

AS:
FP1
S1
D2

A2:
FP2
FP3
M2

The combinations are explained further in page 26 of the specification
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Dapperblook22
AS Compulsory modules:
FP1

A2 Compulsory modules:
FP2, FP3 or FP4

Only two FP modules are compulsory for the A2 in Further Maths, the rest can be made up of whatever you like (provided the modules do not overlap with AS or A2 Maths). 3 of the 6 units for A2 Further Maths must however be of A2 standard (D2, M2-5, S2-4, FP2-4).

There are many valid combinations, one of which could be:

AS:
FP1
S1
D2

A2:
FP2
FP3
M2

The combinations are explained further in page 26 of the specification

Thank you so much! Can I take M2 for AS further maths?
Original post by Mathsqueen
Thank you so much! Can I take M2 for AS further maths?

Yes, M2 for AS FM is possible.

Quick Reply

Latest