The Student Room Group

University of the Arts London

Hello. I was wondering how likely it would be for someone to get into a course at (any) UAL college (undergraduate). My dream is to go there but I unfortunately have had a hard time in sixth form and have left with the following results

C - ICT
D - Product Design
D - Psychology
B - AS Fine Art
D - AS Applied Business
E - EPQ in Art

(I couldn't take fine art in my first year as I hadn't done GCSE art then they let me do it in my second hence only an AS)

I am currently on a foundation diploma in art and design course to try and make up for what I missed art-wise but my biggest worry is would a UAL uni even consider me with these results? Let's say I got a merit or a distinction in this course this year. I know it is very competitive to get into their courses and I'm mainly interested in Central Saint Martins or LCC. Thanks for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by EleanorMorath
Hello. I was wondering how likely it would be for someone to get into a course at (any) UAL college (undergraduate). My dream is to go there but I unfortunately have had a hard time in sixth form and have left with the following results

C - ICT
D - Product Design
D - Psychology
B - AS Fine Art
D - AS Applied Business
E - EPQ in Art

(I couldn't take fine art in my first year as I hadn't done GCSE art then they let me do it in my second hence only an AS)

I am currently on a foundation diploma in art and design course to try and make up for what I missed art-wise but my biggest worry is would a UAL uni even consider me with these results? Let's say I got a merit or a distinction in this course this year. I know it is very competitive to get into their courses and I'm mainly interested in Central Saint Martins or LCC. Thanks for your help.

Best to ask them direct. I imagine they will be just as interested in your portfolio.
Reply 2
It would really depend on your art portfolio.

Your results shouldn't matter if your doing a foundation as unis don't necessary look at grades, but the UCAS points that each grade is worth. A Foundation diploma is worth quite a lot of UCAS points, so with a distinction you would probs tick that box. So it really does depend on your quality of art. So maybe tend an open day, show them some of your stuff and ask their opinion on whether its good enough?

Quick Reply

Latest