The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fango_Jett
Why? It's literally a shooter with a few RPG elements thrown in. The characters were just so bland and unmemorable and half the lore just didn't make sense.

There are literally 2 endings.

Todd Howard and his lies like 'Fallout 3 will have 200 endings' have been enough for me.

Honestly, Todd Howard is just such a crappy game director. He made one good game (Morrowind) and then decided to just devolve everything from there.

Bethesda should just leave Fallout alone, and let a competent group like Obsidian have free reign.

I was like 11 when I first played it, and it was the first "RPG" I ever played, so I was pretty oblivious to what it really could've been.I just loved the theme and stuff. Then I played New Vegas and literally died from happiness lol
Original post by Kholmes1
No idea what the best game I have played is.
But I loved paper mario ttyd.
Mystery dungeon explorers of sky and the 2nd ranger game
South Park tsot. (This is coming from someone who doesnt watch south park the last time i watched it was like 5 years ago.
Skyrim.
Some indie games
And other triple a games/

You played Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky? Wow. It's such an underrated masterpiece. Especially by the idiot reviewer at IGN. You. Are. Awesome.
Pc probably dayz mod for arma u can do the impossible and changes alot too
Console i go with cod zombies as its a nice casual thing to do while chilling id say
By Console owned:
Sega Mega Drive: Flashback (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(1992_video_game)
PlayStation: Final Fantasy VII
PS2: Red Faction 2 or Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
PS3: Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion
PS4: Witcher 3 and Doom
I love the Tomb Raider games, really want to try Uncharted, looks amazing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 265
Wow, hard do say...probably Dragon Age Origins and Life is Strange.
Reply 266
Skyrim and the Mass Effect series on the previous gen consoles.

Skyrim because of its atmosphere, lore, graphics (at the time) and how open it is- the attention to detail in the game is amazing and that just makes it memorable and probably the best game I've ever played so far.
Mass Effect mainly because of its story/lore and how emotionally attached I got to the game and characters. Cried like a baby when I finished it gdi.

As for current gen consoles I have to go with Bloodborne as while I haven't played any other souls games (yet), it made me seriously want to because of how intricately and cleverly the levels are designed and also the sense of achievement you get when you finally beat that boss that screwed you over like 20 times :hmmmm2:. Not to mention how good (and surprisingly emotional?) the story is once you understand it.
Also the soundtrack is pretty good.
Spyro all the way! :biggrin: I really loved Borderlands 2 and Red Dead Redemption though to be honest. I actually really liked Limbo as well
anyone else play SMT? I'm playing through SMTIV right now and I'm loving it. After I finish it I'm gonna play Lucifer's Call
Spyro, PMD Explorers of Sky, Ranger Shadows of Almia, Halo Reach, Fe8 are all up there

Skyrim wins by far though :u:
Original post by PugDevil
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

I have been gaming for a while so here are my faves in non perticuler order (with descriptions):

Doom
The orignal doom is one of those games that everyone has to experiance. If you have not played the original doom you can call yourself a gamer.

Zool
A little known platform game from the 90's

IL2 1946
This combat flight sim is the best combat flight sim I have ever played the feeling of flight as you take off the physics how every aircraft feels diffrent fro. The USSR flying Appel boxes to the German bf109's to the Japaniese zero just perfect.

Flight simulator X*
In this you get the whole world yes some of the coloured are off ( I am looking at you UK) but mods can change that both free where and pay where it's perfect.

Unreal Tournament (franchise)
Unreal tournament was an Amazing franchise with lodes of game modes and mods and somthing called mutators I still play the original and it still feels as fresh as it did 16 years ago.

Roller coaster tycoon
I loved the orignal 3 games of this .

Planit coaster
The spiritual successor to Roller coaster tycoon

Oblivion*
Huge open world the first time I excited the sewers to be confronted with the lakes and ruins it took my breath away you can buy it on steam and it is the perfect RPG just like Skyrim but a diffrent region and story also no dragons.

Total war
Amazing grand strategy all the historical titles are amazing (except Rome 2) and even the new Warhammer iteration is quite goodi learnt how to adapt plans as situations develop from this game.*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 271
GTA V
GTA Vice City
Red dead redemption
The Last of us
Minecraft
Football manager 2008
Black ops 2
Timesplitters 3
Fifa 2005
Shadow of Rome
Sumper Mario (nintendo 64)
Pokemon Red, Yellow, gold and silver
Kerbal Space Program
Call of duty: Modern warfare
LMA Manager 2005
The Movies
Flight Simulator X (steam edition)
Rainbow Six Vegas
Halo
Original post by Paulwyn
By Console owned:
Sega Mega Drive: Flashback (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flashback_(1992_video_game)
PlayStation: Final Fantasy VII
PS2: Red Faction 2 or Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
PS3: Eldar Scrolls IV: Oblivion
PS4: Witcher 3 and Doom

Copying your idea of by console:

SEGA MegaDrive: Street Fighter 2
N64: Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium
Nintendo GameCube: Mario Karts: Double Dash
Nintendo Wii: N/A (Didn't like it)
Gameboy: Super Mario Land
Gameboy Colour: Pokemon Yellow
Gameboy SP: Mario Kart: Super Circuit

PS1: Spyro
PS2: TimeSplitters 2
PS3: N/A (Didn't own)
PS4: N/A (Didn't own)
PSP: Crash Tag Team Racing

Xbox: Star Wars Battlefront, Halo
Xbox 360: N/A (Didn't own)
Xbox one: N/A (Didn't own)

PC: Age of Empires 2, Runescape

Yes, I had all these consoles when I was a kid...
Gonna do by console as well:

Sega Mega Drive: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
PS2: Battlefront
Xbox 360: Halo Reach
Gameboy advance: pokemon emerald
Nintendo DS: pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
Not putting 3DS because the pokemon games for this were a bit disappointing.
Wii: Super smash bros brawl or pikmin 2
PC: Overwatch, Eden Eternal or TTT
I adored Super Mario Sunshine on the GameCube. I'm looking to buy an old GameCube just for that game, though I did like Medal of Honor: Rising Sun as well
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Fallout New Vegas.

My dream game would be "Fallout New Vegas, but a fantasy game" - same in every other aspect; first-person, quests, a directed kind of open-world - but set in a fantasy world.
Original post by spanker
Copying your idea of by console:

SEGA MegaDrive: Street Fighter 2
N64: Legends of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark and GoldenEye 007, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium
Nintendo GameCube: Mario Karts: Double Dash
Nintendo Wii: N/A (Didn't like it)
Gameboy: Super Mario Land
Gameboy Colour: Pokemon Yellow
Gameboy SP: Mario Kart: Super Circuit

PS1: Spyro
PS2: TimeSplitters 2
PS3: N/A (Didn't own)
PS4: N/A (Didn't own)
PSP: Crash Tag Team Racing

Xbox: Star Wars Battlefront, Halo
Xbox 360: N/A (Didn't own)
Xbox one: N/A (Didn't own)

PC: Age of Empires 2, Runescape

Yes, I had all these consoles when I was a kid...

Spyro! what a game!!
Original post by PugDevil
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

Idk why it was just me but ive always loved battlefield bad company 1
it was a simple fps, huge maps, great vechicles, competitive, skill-ful, and fun!!!
Age of Empires 2 :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest