The Student Room Group

How do I show an interest in economics if I haven't studied it at A level?

I had the opportunity to study it at A level but at the time decided against it. However, I am now applying for uni and think I would like to study economics, so my question is how do I convey an interest if I passed up the opportunity to study it at A level?

If it's at all relevant, I just finished my levels and got BCC (in chem, bio and maths) but was predicted AAA and so I am resitting to get those grades or better. Also last year I applied for chemistry not economics.

Bonus points for suggestions on universities that will take me despite being a resit applicant with those predicted grades.

Thanks!
Reply 1
bump
A good personal statement. Your A level subjects are all good subjects any way so they won't mind really. And most russel group unis other than the top 3 for economics will still make you offers even after resits.
Reply 3
Original post by RomeoSantos
A good personal statement. Your A level subjects are all good subjects any way so they won't mind really. And most russel group unis other than the top 3 for economics will still make you offers even after resits.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any advice on how I can show a genuine interest in my personal statement?
Reply 4
Hi there,

I have accepted my offer to study Economics (starting next week), and didn't study Economics in school, feel free to PM me or ask any questions!
Reply 5
Original post by EuanA29
Hi there,

I have accepted my offer to study Economics (starting next week), and didn't study Economics in school, feel free to PM me or ask any questions!

I'll hold you to that when I come to write my PS :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by economics?
I'll hold you to that when I come to write my PS :wink:

That is absolutely fine, all the best with applying!
Reply 7
Original post by EuanA29
That is absolutely fine, all the best with applying!

thank you very much, all the best with university! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending