The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I'm Isolde, I'm taking nine GCSEs- I took History, Philosophy & Ethics, Art (so much regret), and Computer Science for my options.
I'm on Edexcel for Maths, CS, History and sciences, AQA for English and Art, OCR for RS and Philosophy/Ethics.

As for non-school stuff, I love to read and teach myself things- I know how dorky that sounds, ffs why, but I looove history, even outside of school. The smaller the print and the dustier the cover the better. Other than that, I like to volunteer in my local charity shop, listen to debates, binge watch Seinfeld.
I don't know if I'm ready for year 11 or not, honestly. I don't feel how it sounds. I always pictured 'Year 11' and 'sixteen' as abstract, Disney Channel-esque things that were so far off, but here I am, so I'd better just get on with it?

My favourite subjects are English, History, and Computer science. Maths and Science lowkey make me want to hurl myself off a cliff.

My dream career is something within the Diplomatic Service, or possibly a barrister specializing in human rights law. But no matter what it is, I want my career to be my life, and I want to feel like I'm helping someone, or something get done.
year 11 sucks
year 11 sucks
year 11 sucks
Reply 482
Original post by Simonexoxo
Quick question to the people who have study periods, how many periods a day do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have one study period a week and five (1 hour long) periods each day :smile:
Reply 483
Original post by iso.lde
Hi! I'm Isolde, I'm taking nine GCSEs- I took History, Philosophy & Ethics, Art (so much regret), and Computer Science for my options.
I'm on Edexcel for Maths, CS, History and sciences, AQA for English and Art, OCR for RS and Philosophy/Ethics.

As for non-school stuff, I love to read and teach myself things- I know how dorky that sounds, ffs why, but I looove history, even outside of school. The smaller the print and the dustier the cover the better. Other than that, I like to volunteer in my local charity shop, listen to debates, binge watch Seinfeld.
I don't know if I'm ready for year 11 or not, honestly. I don't feel how it sounds. I always pictured 'Year 11' and 'sixteen' as abstract, Disney Channel-esque things that were so far off, but here I am, so I'd better just get on with it?

My favourite subjects are English, History, and Computer science. Maths and Science lowkey make me want to hurl myself off a cliff.

My dream career is something within the Diplomatic Service, or possibly a barrister specializing in human rights law. But no matter what it is, I want my career to be my life, and I want to feel like I'm helping someone, or something get done.

Hi! Do you take RS and philosophy and ethic or are they combined?
History is great! Do you know what you want it take for a level yet? :smile:
I get what you mean about not feeling old enough to be in year 11.. It feels so weird!
Original post by Simonexoxo
Quick question to the people who have study periods, how many periods a day do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

2 hours a week (split up)
Original post by BobBobson

What GCSEs have you done already a and do you go to a grammar school?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kat.e
Hi! Do you take RS and philosophy and ethic or are they combined?
History is great! Do you know what you want it take for a level yet? :smile:
I get what you mean about not feeling old enough to be in year 11.. It feels so weird!

I take both core RS and Philosophy & Ethics, though whether or not my class takes an exam/full course in core RS is yet to be decided.
Yes and yes!! History, Government and Politics, English Language, and Computer Science. What about you?
I know, I still feel like a year seven s:
Original post by samaad1
What GCSEs have you done already a and do you go to a grammar school?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Havent done any, and yes
Original post by ferozagirl
Both, but mostly my day in general :s-smilie:
How do you stay motivated?

Well I guess when I don't feel like revising or doing any notes and I'm just wasting time on Netflix I kinda think how disappointed I would be if I got bad grades, or things like how my dad only left school with 2 gcse's and I don't want that to be me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BobBobson

Sorry, I meant lessons a day so I have 5 periods a day, but I know one girl who has like 8 periods a day and is at school from like 8 something till 5 with no study periods.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so stressed out already. Please someone tell me I'm not the only one :frown:
Original post by buzzyambee
I am so stressed out already. Please someone tell me I'm not the only one :frown:

Why are you stressed out? :frown:
I have 8 periods, 40 mins each, + lunch + break, pretty common.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _gcx
Why are you stressed out? :frown:

I have soooo much coursework to finish. It's so exhausting :/
Hello everyone im new on this thread :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha_tah
Hello everyone im new on this thread :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Welcome! :biggrin: Feel free to introduce yourself :smile:

Original post by buzzyambee
I have soooo much coursework to finish. It's so exhausting :/

I know it can be :/ Take frequent breaks, and spread the workload out over time. Don't leave the coursework to the last minute, since that can make things far more stressful. If you're really struggling, talk to your teachers for assistance, they'll be able to give you some help/give you assistance at lunchtimes etc. :smile:
Original post by _gcx
Welcome! :biggrin: Feel free to introduce yourself :smile:

I know it can be :/ Take frequent breaks, and spread the workload out over time. Don't leave the coursework to the last minute, since that can make things far more stressful. If you're really struggling, talk to your teachers for assistance, they'll be able to give you some help/give you assistance at lunchtimes etc. :smile:

Yeah so everyone here calls me Tasha. ..n I'm currently doing my gcses

I'm doing 10 gcses n I just thought it'd be great to meet others on here who r also in the same position as me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Treblebee
Haha, my class also has four ppl in it! (But then, it's an online class, so the size numbers only go up to 8 anyway!) I'm using a textbook, yh; I think it's spec A.
I'm guessing by your username, you're a bit of a music person? Bc I am, too! Do you play any instruments?

We use the Cambridge Latin Course books.
Yep, I'm a bit of a music geek! I play clarinet (K.622 was Mozart's clarinet concerto, I couldn't resist a music pun in my username), and I'm teaching myself saxophone.
I'm attempting my grade 5 theory in september so I can do my next practical exam.
What instrument do you play, do you do grades too? I like your username by the way! ^_^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tasha_tah
Yeah so everyone here calls me Tasha. ..n I'm currently doing my gcses

I'm doing 10 gcses n I just thought it'd be great to meet others on here who r also in the same position as me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Tasha! :smile:

I'm doing 9 GCSEs this year (inc. Triple Science, RS, French and History), having done 1 in Year 10 (IT) and 1 in Year 9 (Citizenship). What GCSE options did you take?
Original post by MusiK.622
We use the Cambridge Latin Course books.
Yep, I'm a bit of a music geek! I play clarinet (K.622 was Mozart's clarinet concerto, I couldn't resist a music pun in my username), and I'm teaching myself saxophone.
I'm attempting my grade 5 theory in september so I can do my next practical exam.
What instrument do you play, do you do grades too? I like your username by the way! ^_^

Oh, for Latin we're also using CLC (and the set texts)...
Yay, fellow music geek! *high-five* And good luck with the grade 5 theory :h:
I play the piano, taught by my dad. I'm hoping (if I do tonnes of practise between now and the end of September, by which point we'll need to decide if I should) to take grade 7 in November! It sounds rly scary, tho... xp
Yh, I chose my username bc I like music (hence "treble") and also bees (hence "bee"). Nice pun, btw! :wink:

Latest