The Student Room Group

UKCAT score panic!

Hi everyone,

So, I got a 640 average for my UKCAT (total 1920) and Situational Judgement Band 2. I am very annoyed because I know I could have done better.. But I don't know whether this score should put me off applying anywhere.

I got 11 A*s and 2 As at GCSE, 4 As at AS level, and am predicted 4 A*s at A level.

I was hoping to apply to Edinburgh but I don't know if I should anymore.. Also if anyone could suggest another Uni that would take this UKCAT score I would be so so grateful! I am really panicking.. someone please help!
Cardiff university use the scores only to compare between 2 candidates, and Sheffield university require a score of 1850/2700, but you'll need higher than that as Sheffield rank students by their UKCAT score for interview. I'm sure their are other universities though will accept your UKCAT score.
Reply 2
Cardiff and Birmingham prioritise GCSEs. HYMS shouldn't be too risky either. Maybe Keele?
Wouldn't go for Edinburgh tbh, it seems pretty risky
Reply 3
Is your AS ums high enough to consider Cambridge? And the 11A*s gives you a stab at Oxford
Original post by Ezme39
Cardiff and Birmingham prioritise GCSEs. HYMS shouldn't be too risky either. Maybe Keele?
Wouldn't go for Edinburgh tbh, it seems pretty risky

ok I'll look into it.. Thanks for your advice!
Original post by chocolatecookieM
Cardiff university use the scores only to compare between 2 candidates, and Sheffield university require a score of 1850/2700, but you'll need higher than that as Sheffield rank students by their UKCAT score for interview. I'm sure their are other universities though will accept your UKCAT score.

Thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending