The Student Room Group

iPhone 7 / Apple Watch Series 2 - Apple Event September

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roving Fish
What about E3 for consoles?

Even Samsung do product launches now.

I had to google E3, never heard of it before. :lol: I'm not a fan of any tech product launches, be it Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, whoever. It's a marketing strategy, one which unfortunately works very well.
I was just waiting for the launch of the iPhone 7 so that I can upgrade my battered old phone to the 6S and save roughly £100 because of the good old price drop when a new phone is released :grin:
Original post by IcEmAn911
What would you recommend? :smile:

Wait for the new Nexi (that's plural for Nexus) to be unveiled.
Original post by Boreism
When you mean 'girly', have you seen the Pink 'Gold' colour?! I went for the White colour again (my iPhone was white) as its a pretty exclusive colour in my opinion as it's not available in certain countries.

I feel completely the same way with my S7, although like most phones, it does have it's flaws here and there. Everyone's making a big deal about the camera, but I think they can make good improvements because they are well known for giving warm colours. Also the Always on Display feature doesn't have a full purpose (no email and WhatsApp notification) and they could've given a personalisation for the background on there too (black isn't my colour).
Apple on the other hand is (slowly) catching up with their 'innovative' theories and ideas but they're nothing new anymore due to their competitors. But to be honest for the sake of being in competition, they're just being copycats.

I really like the Rose Gold iPhone 6s Plus, it looks amazing. But I wouldn't go back to it. Thinking back, I wish I got my S7 in Gold now, but what can ya do!

That's a really good idea, I didn't think about fully customising the Always On Display! I do wish it was optimised for 3rd party apps, it would be so much more helpful - I don't really text much so the Samsung messages app is kind of useless to me, as is the icon that comes up on the Always On display.

I really wish there was a mix between some iOS features and some Android/Samsung ones! The S7 could be perfect with the option of an authentic 100% iOS keyboard. I can't stand the Samsung one or any other ones that I've tried, the iPhone one is just so much easier to use and the autocorrect on iPhones is a lot more accurate than Samsung. I'm forever getting annoyed at random autocorrects.

I also really like that on iPhones you can swipe the left side of the screen to go back, I'd like that on my Samsung too. Sometimes it's more convenient, but I love that Samsung has a back button (although kind of wished it was on the other side, that makes more sense?!)

I've just sent my S7 in for repair and I'm using an iPhone for a few weeks till I get it back, so it's so easy for me to find what I miss/prefer about the phones.

I just wish someone would come up with a Samsung/Apple hybrid phone.
Original post by soanonymous
I really like the Rose Gold iPhone 6s Plus, it looks amazing. But I wouldn't go back to it. Thinking back, I wish I got my S7 in Gold now, but what can ya do!

That's a really good idea, I didn't think about fully customising the Always On Display! I do wish it was optimised for 3rd party apps, it would be so much more helpful - I don't really text much so the Samsung messages app is kind of useless to me, as is the icon that comes up on the Always On display.

I really wish there was a mix between some iOS features and some Android/Samsung ones! The S7 could be perfect with the option of an authentic 100% iOS keyboard. I can't stand the Samsung one or any other ones that I've tried, the iPhone one is just so much easier to use and the autocorrect on iPhones is a lot more accurate than Samsung. I'm forever getting annoyed at random autocorrects.

I also really like that on iPhones you can swipe the left side of the screen to go back, I'd like that on my Samsung too. Sometimes it's more convenient, but I love that Samsung has a back button (although kind of wished it was on the other side, that makes more sense?!)

I've just sent my S7 in for repair and I'm using an iPhone for a few weeks till I get it back, so it's so easy for me to find what I miss/prefer about the phones.

I just wish someone would come up with a Samsung/Apple hybrid phone.

This is why I'm not selling my iPhone 6. It still works to the point the battery always drains out even when I haven't used it in the past hour or 2!
Whats wrong with your S7 by the way, you've had it for a short period of time and now its in for repair?

I know what you mean by the back button, its always been on the left, so why be 'different' just to switch it to the right?!

To be honest I don't really regret that I chose to (yes it is an upgrade not downgrade!) because it is water resistant (IP68 not IP67 - Apple...) and has a memory card slot just incase 32GB isn't enough. Also with Android you're not restricted in what you can do; I regularly change my 'themes' just to make my phone look girly with flowers and can watch films online for £3.50 each on a 5.1 inch screen just because you simply can whereas on iPhone...you just simply can't. :p:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Boreism
This is why I'm not selling my iPhone 6. It still works to the point the battery always drains out even when I haven't used it in the past hour or 2!
Whats wrong with your S7 by the way, you've had it for a short period of time and now its in for repair?

I know what you mean by the back button, its always been on the left, so why be 'different' just to switch it to the right?!

To be honest I don't really regret that I chose to (yes it is an upgrade not downgrade!) because it is water resistant (IP68 not IP67 - Apple...) and has a memory card slot just incase 32GB isn't enough. Also with Android you're not restricted in what you can do; I regularly change my 'themes' just to make my phone look girly with flowers and can watch films online for £3.50 each on a 5.1 inch screen just because you simply can whereas on iPhone...you just simply can't. :p:

Oh really? My iPhone 6 was literally perfect, I was just so fed up of not having any space that I decided to get a phone with more storage, and that was just when the S7 came out!

It's so weird, half the headphone jack stopped working - so only one side works!? I left it for like 3 months, but then thought, might as well get it fixed since it's under warranty and free.

I've found one theme that I just love and haven't changed. They're all too busy for my liking, I want like just a very simple, sleek white theme (has to be free cos I'm cheap) but they literally don't exist so I'm stuck with what I've got. I love that it's so much more customisable than the iPhone tbh, but sometimes I do miss using it.
I'm most excited about the performance of the A10. The 6s has been spanking all competing Android-running SOC's, and now Apple is about to widen the gap. This will be by far the fastest and most powerful smartphone on the planet, not to mention it will have Apple's legendary memory management.
The camera will be good, a sharp screen, improved battery life; little to dislike. I also like iOS, despite it being a walled garden in comparison to Android's open field.
Although exclusion of a 3.5mm headphone jack sucks balls; imagine listening to something on the wireless earphones and they run out of juice. Absolute agony.
Oh really? My iPhone 6 was literally perfect, I was just so fed up of not having any space that I decided to get a phone with more storage, and that was just when the S7 came out!

It's so weird, half the headphone jack stopped working - so only one side works!? I left it for like 3 months, but then thought, might as well get it fixed since it's under warranty and free.

I've found one theme that I just love and haven't changed. They're all too busy for my liking, I want like just a very simple, sleek white theme (has to be free cos I'm cheap) but they literally don't exist so I'm stuck with what I've got. I love that it's so much more customisable than the iPhone tbh, but sometimes I do miss using it.

Hence why I upgraded!
But I do miss using the iPhone though, such as FaceTime, iMessages (because they're free!) and of course the funny Siri (because he/she knows your name!).
Well I guess there's no going back now though but like I said I don't regret anything.
Also I paid £20 for the S7 which included free Micro SD card and screen protector! So happy...shame they didn't offer a free case though (well you can't get everything for free!).
Original post by Boreism
Hence why I upgraded!
But I do miss using the iPhone though, such as FaceTime, iMessages (because they're free!) and of course the funny Siri (because he/she knows your name!).
Well I guess there's no going back now though but like I said I don't regret anything.
Also I paid £20 for the S7 which included free Micro SD card and screen protector! So happy...shame they didn't offer a free case though (well you can't get everything for free!).

Omg where did you get it from?! That's great! I don't even have an SD card in mine yet, I decided I'll buy one when I need it! I had a case on mine but it made it feel so bulky so I just have mine naked.
Omg where did you get it from?! That's great! I don't even have an SD card in mine yet, I decided I'll buy one when I need it! I had a case on mine but it made it feel so bulky so I just have mine naked.

I got mine from Carphone Warehouse with O2 as a network. Been with them for years when I got the iPhone 6. They used to give discounts on handset upfront costs for their loyal customers but they don't anymore sadly. :frown:

When I preordered the iPhone 6 they knocked £30 off from original handset upfront cost! :smile:
To be fair, you can pick up a pair of blutooth headphones (non apple) for a little under £30 in Argos. For comparison, I'm willing to pay up to £10 for a decent corded pair, so £30 isn't entirely terrible (plus, they work with every other phone and laptop too, with better battery life) The branded £130 odd ones are ridiculous.

The converters are a clunky mess that I don't want to go anywhere near. And for £25, might as well pay £5 more and get yourself an actual pair of earphones.

Last generation phones are fine for me, I see no reason to upgrade for another 2 years at least. Definitely, not for £600.

Original post by lawyer3c
The jet black iPhone 7 Plus starts at £820.

The (non-jet black) 7 starts at £600, when in previous years it has started at £540.

The price is very off-putting.

The price went up because of Brexit, and depreciation of the pound compared to other currencies :lol:
Original post by Mehtd3529

to all peoplethe iPhone 7 is amazingapple provide a jack to charging port adapter with EVERY iPhone freealso EarPods which have a connection to the charging portso there is really no need to worry
Original post by lawyer3c
The jet black iPhone 7 Plus starts at £820.

The (non-jet black) 7 starts at £600, when in previous years it has started at £540.

The price is very off-putting.

Where are you even getting that from, because from reputable sources I've only seen no price given yet

Original post by Another
To be fair, you can pick up a pair of blutooth headphones (non apple) for a little under £30 in Argos. For comparison, I'm willing to pay up to £10 for a decent corded pair, so £30 isn't entirely terrible (plus, they work with every other phone and laptop too, with better battery life) The branded £130 odd ones are ridiculous.

The converters are a clunky mess that I don't want to go anywhere near. And for £25, might as well pay £5 more and get yourself an actual pair of earphones.

Last generation phones are fine for me, I see no reason to upgrade for another 2 years at least. Definitely, not for £600.

The price went up because of Brexit, and depreciation of the pound compared to other currencies :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to find a way to make third party Bluetooth headphones/earphones incompatible, it's also worth noting that the tech exchange rate is dreadful anyway and to take those figures with a pinch of salt, the 128GB model is actually cheaper than last gen in USD and pricing information hasn't been released yet according to techradar

Posted from TSR Mobile
No headphone jack means I will stick to old classic phones, let's just hope it won't happen to other brands
Original post by Jammy Duel
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to find a way to make third party Bluetooth headphones/earphones incompatible, it's also worth noting that the tech exchange rate is dreadful anyway and to take those figures with a pinch of salt, the 128GB model is actually cheaper than last gen in USD and pricing information hasn't been released yet according to techradar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe Apple would be shooting itself in the foot if they did that. Who in their right minds would pay £130 for a pair of headphones, that work with apple technology and nothing else, on top of a £600 handset?

Then again, who in their right minds would buy a laptop with only one socket. Apple seems to keep itself afloat no matter what it does, so I'm just interested to see how many people buy this thing
Original post by Another
I believe Apple would be shooting itself in the foot if they did that. Who in their right minds would pay £130 for a pair of headphones, that work with apple technology and nothing else, on top of a £600 handset?

Then again, who in their right minds would buy a laptop with only one socket. Apple seems to keep itself afloat no matter what it does, so I'm just interested to see how many people buy this thing

Who in their right minds would pay £600 for a handset in the first place? Actually, probably a lot more than £600 in reality given it will be on a contract with probably more like £800 handset contributions.
Original post by Mehtd3529

No. Unless you are given it for free or paid to take it, it's a total rip off like every other apple product for the last few years. Also they don't pay tax while major social problems thrive in the world, they profit of billions and make no effort to help society.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Who in their right minds would pay £600 for a handset in the first place? Actually, probably a lot more than £600 in reality given it will be on a contract with probably more like £800 handset contributions.

I guess the kind of people paying for £130 headphones, are the kinds of people paying for £600 handsets. Point taken :lol:
Original post by jaskaranbahra
to all peoplethe iPhone 7 is amazingapple provide a jack to charging port adapter with EVERY iPhone freealso EarPods which have a connection to the charging portso there is really no need to worry

the earpods will cost 150£ on top of a phone of about 650-750£. These earpods could easily be lost or stolen as they are so small and visible in public...
Wireless earbuds are known to have lower sound quality too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending