The Student Room Group

Moving from GCSEs to A-Levels?

Next week I start college. People who I have talked to about A-Levels have all warned me about the massive jump from GCSEs to A-Levels and how much harder A-Levels are than GCSEs. Now I'm scared I'm not going to be able to cope or even be good enough to do my subjects and I'm getting really worried. Can anyone tell me if it really is so much of a jump in difficulty? Thanks :-)
Original post by emilyy2016
Next week I start college. People who I have talked to about A-Levels have all warned me about the massive jump from GCSEs to A-Levels and how much harder A-Levels are than GCSEs. Now I'm scared I'm not going to be able to cope or even be good enough to do my subjects and I'm getting really worried. Can anyone tell me if it really is so much of a jump in difficulty? Thanks :-)

Most likely exaggerated. Yes, it is difficult but it's not insane, hair-tearing kind of thing. It's difficult because at Year 12 you don't quite know how to work and then it's Year 13 where it kind of clicks or you find the motivation to.

You'll most liekly cope, just don't think - do.
Reply 2
It will be okay. The first week of studying A-levels was hard for me, but then I got used to it and I was able to adapt.

Just make sure you don't underestimate A-levels and you will be fine.

Good luck! :smile:
The Yr13's in our form just told us the workload is similar to GCSEs
its not too difficult to be fair. If you revise an hour a day from september to december and gradually speed it up you will 100% get bbbb.

i did not the highest subjects so i am speaking for myself but i got BBCC when i started revising in april

Quick Reply

Latest