The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheParham
said this before, could be weeks if they want it to. they review your app before sending test and they also review different divisions and roles at different times. they only opened a week ago, may not even be reviewing any apps for your role for example.. it literally took 2-3 weeks for some tests to come through last year

Yes I know, sorry about that - I go away on holiday tomorrow (bad timing I know) and so ideally wanted to do all the required tests before I leave.

Thanks anyway!
Original post by mdc23
had a decent 20 phone chat with a MS MD, then during the (long) mail exchange we are still having he suggested to apply for SA position despite the fact that I completed my MSc at the end of July. After completing both Logical and Numerical I sent a mail saying I submitted the application with the not-so-hidden intention of a good word or something for a Phone at least. The answer was "good luck with your application, let me know the outcome".

Except for an opinion from you all on whether he actually helped/will help me (I really hope but I don't know if he can actually fast track me for a 1st round interview), my situation is the following: graduated, no internship, maximum grade. Should I look for Grad Role or I may be able to apply for SA in some banks ?

It is hard to get a grad role without any previous internships, good luck with all of that tho, sounds sick
Has anyone heard from DB after taking the test? If so how long did it take??
Do Barclays allow you to make more than one application? I want to apply to both IBD and Research.
Original post by cleverboy12
Do Barclays allow you to make more than one application? I want to apply to both IBD and Research.

Not as far as I know, I think it says this under FAQs on the website.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cleverboy12

try
Original post by Phoebe29
on the MS IBD/GCM application where is asks you to list up to 6 groups, is it better to choose less or choose all 6?

I dont think it matters
Hi people,

Just wanted to as anyone knew of any IBs that do Pre university insight days or any other work experience.

Thanks
Original post by tarmangue
Has anyone heard from DB after taking the test? If so how long did it take??

I called them up and they told me to expect to wait at least 6 weeks.
Reply 1649
What does people's morgan stanley application status say? I think mine just changed.
Original post by Inert1a
Hi people,

Just wanted to as anyone knew of any IBs that do Pre university insight days or any other work experience.

Thanks

info is elsewhere in the forum

but anyway

insight days, jpm, ms, cs, hsbc

proper 2/3 day programmes, nomura, baml
Original post by TheParham
sick, phone or e-mail and if you got one may i ask how long after you submitted test?

Email invite,submitted tests on 27th Aug, invite on 5th Sep, interview today and result within 2 weeks hopefully :smile:
Original post by Deltasierra27
Email invite,submitted tests on 27th Aug, invite on 5th Sep, interview today and result within 2 weeks hopefully :smile:

Was it a quick 10 min interview, or a full blown 30 minuter?
For JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst apps, do we need to provide a full breakdown of module marks year by year? They both require 1 page CVs and if a full breakdown is required then that takes more than half a page especially as I am a Masters student.
Can someone that's applied already please login to their Citi account - select 'my jobs' and tell me what date it says under "application date".

My application date seems to be changing every day which is still worrying me slightly. This is the link to login. It would be great if someone could let me know.

https://citi.avature.net/careers
Anybody know which banks accept final year students into their internship programmes? I heard DB auto-reject non-penultimate year students.
Original post by katherine.l1995
Anybody know which banks accept final year students into their internship programmes? I heard DB auto-reject non-penultimate year students.

DB, HSBC and JPM (for most programs) do not accept final years. Everything else is fair game.

Edit: Credit Suisse make you apply for the Off-Cycle.
(edited 7 years ago)
On the job section on Citi's application, what do I put if I wasn't paid an annual salary?
Original post by sky-blue
Was it a quick 10 min interview, or a full blown 30 minuter?

Latter
One page or two page cvs for summer analyst apps?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending