The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan eligibility?

Hi,
I`m applying to university this year for a course starting next year and I`m freaking out with the eligibility for student loans as I really want to go uni next year. I`ve only lived in the UK for 3 years (4 years next august, before university starts). Would I be eligible for maintenance loan?

Thank you!
(edited 7 years ago)
It's how long you've lived here and not your mum.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
It's how long you've lived here and not your mum.

So if I`ve been in the UK for 4 years, would I be eligible for the loan?
Original post by Silva Costa
So if I`ve been in the UK for 4 years, would I be eligible for the loan?

Only tuition. Has to be 5 for maintenance.
Hi there.

You will not be eligible based on the standard residency criteria.

Will you choose to work whilst you study or are you related to anyone from the EU who will be working in the UK whilst you study?

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Brian SFE
Hi there.

You will not be eligible based on the standard residency criteria.

Will you choose to work whilst you study or are you related to anyone from the EU who will be working in the UK whilst you study?

Thanks

Hello! Sorry for only replying now (I was not notified that I had a reply) and thank you for your help.
I am related to a EU person who is working and will continue to work in the UK whilst I study. My mom who`s been here for 5/6 years...
Hi

If wishing to apply based on being a family member of an EU national you would need to provide one of the following to prove that you are:

Original EU/EEA Passport

Original National Identity Card

Family members* original Passport and Students original Birth or Marriage certificate to identify the link between them
or

Certified copy of one of the above

A certified copy is a clear photocopy of the original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as:

Minister of Religion

Doctor

Lawyer

Civil Servant

Teacher/Lecturer

Police Officer

The person signing this must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and a contact telephone number by completing the EU Certifier Checklist. Hope this helps. Thanks
Reply 7
Original post by Hugh SFE
Hi

If wishing to apply based on being a family member of an EU national you would need to provide one of the following to prove that you are:

Original EU/EEA Passport

Original National Identity Card

Family members* original Passport and Students original Birth or Marriage certificate to identify the link between them
or

Certified copy of one of the above

A certified copy is a clear photocopy of the original document which has been stamped, signed and dated as being a true copy of the original by an official such as:

Minister of Religion

Doctor

Lawyer

Civil Servant

Teacher/Lecturer

Police Officer

The person signing this must not be a relative and must provide their name, job title, address and a contact telephone number by completing the EU Certifier Checklist. Hope this helps. Thanks

so would I have to send this alongside the paper forms (PN1) by post? Or could I apply as an English student through the online application and send the evidence?

Thank you for your help! And I apologise for the inconvenience.
Have a nice day!
Hi

You would need to apply on the paper PN1 form: http://bit.ly/2mrTfas
and send it to our migrant worker team with evidence:
SFE
EEA Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Thanks

Quick Reply