The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
I'm completely turned off Lamela now Spurs have signed Sissoko & NKoudou. Can see a lot of rotation and Pochettino is hardly going to drop Eriksen or Alli. Need to look for another mid priced midfielder.

I find Tottenham midfielders too hard to predict, similar to Liverpool midfielders, you can never be sure they'll start.

I think Barkeley could be a good option - guaranteed to start and Everton have an easy run.
Think I'll be swapping Aguero out for Benteke (for a hit) this gw, and then Barkley in for Fischer ahead of next gw on a free.

Will somehow wildcard Aguero in later after the next intl break (end of September is it?)
Original post by duncan_h
I'm shipping out Aguero, trying to decide between:

Lukaku £9m (easy fixtures)
Benteke £7.4m (easy fixtures)

Lukaku hasn't scored in the Prem for ages whereas Beneteke is unproven, but I can't see any other candidates. i don't have Ibrahimovic but the Manchester derby could be a stalemate with Jose involved.

This would free up a lot of cash, and I could then upgrade my fourth midfielder (Kante) to Sterling or De Bruyne for the following week when they are away to Swansea.

Thoughts appreciated!

I've gone for big Rom based on the fact that he hasn't scored yet, the guy seems to go in bursts and with his fixtures I think he'll grab a few. The midfielder option sounds good, however.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I've gone for big Rom based on the fact that he hasn't scored yet, the guy seems to go in bursts and with his fixtures I think he'll grab a few. The midfielder option sounds good, however.

Lukaku is a nightmare to own because he'll do **** all for weeks then score 23pts from nowhere. I don't want him but there's no real alternatives.

If Iheanacho was guaranteed to start I'd just get him for 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Lukaku is a nightmare to own because he'll do **** all for weeks then score 23pts from nowhere. I don't want him but there's no real alternatives.

If Iheanacho was guaranteed to start I'd just get him for 2 weeks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Iheanacho is a definitely a dark horse for the next couple of weeks, he always looks capable of pinching a goal.

I just can't resist not having Lukaku against Sunderland, Everton have looked decent so far, as well.
Been lazy and just picked Lukaku to replace Aguero.
Original post by Zerforax
Been lazy and just picked Lukaku to replace Aguero.

If you have the FT to replace Aguero, why not?
However keep in mind that when he returns, you're gonna wanna put him back in so that would be a good time to WC if you've dispersed the extra money.

I'm doing Payet to Sterling since the former has barely played a game and the latter looks exceptional under Pep.
Was gonna do it the week before which sucks because I missed out on a load of points and now everybody else is gonna put him in.
Original post by UnWise
Think I'll be swapping Aguero out for Benteke (for a hit) this gw, and then Barkley in for Fischer ahead of next gw on a free.

Will somehow wildcard Aguero in later after the next intl break (end of September is it?)

Doing the same, took the plunge and decided on Benteke rather than Lukaku. Will give me just enough money to then bring in De Bruyne in place of Kante for the next week's free transfer.

Feel like Lukaku has a lot of goals in him at some point especially with Koeman in charge, will use the wildcard in a 2-3 GWs to bring back in Aguero and can always re-assess them.
Original post by Lúcio
If you have the FT to replace Aguero, why not?
However keep in mind that when he returns, you're gonna wanna put him back in so that would be a good time to WC if you've dispersed the extra money.

I'm doing Payet to Sterling since the former has barely played a game and the latter looks exceptional under Pep.
Was gonna do it the week before which sucks because I missed out on a load of points and now everybody else is gonna put him in.

Yea I've got Payet too but my team isn't so bad to justify the WC right now. Will probably try to use in a few weeks though.
Going All out attack this week with the 2 man defence, so hoping for big things.

FF is so much more fun when Aguero isn't playing, it opens everything out so much.
Original post by duncan_h
I'm shipping out Aguero, trying to decide between:

Lukaku £9m (easy fixtures)
Benteke £7.4m (easy fixtures)

Lukaku hasn't scored in the Prem for ages whereas Beneteke is unproven, but I can't see any other candidates. i don't have Ibrahimovic but the Manchester derby could be a stalemate with Jose involved.

This would free up a lot of cash, and I could then upgrade my fourth midfielder (Kante) to Sterling or De Bruyne for the following week when they are away to Swansea.

Thoughts appreciated!

Benteke proved himself at Villa, the worst club to have played in the PL in the last few years, so I think he'll be fine. Good fixtures too. You'll want Aguero back in two weeks, though.

Original post by sr90
I'm completely turned off Lamela now Spurs have signed Sissoko & NKoudou. Can see a lot of rotation and Pochettino is hardly going to drop Eriksen or Alli. Need to look for another mid priced midfielder.

Well Lamela is out of the weekend's game so I'll probably ditch him and Aguero. Maybe even Gray too. We shall see.

Alli was dropped the other week but it won't happen again.*
Played my wildcard this week and I keep on second guessing myself... its infuriating! Opinions on my team:

Mandanda
Mcauley, Williams, Koné, Shaw
Sterling, Wilshere, Capoue, Ozil
Benteke, Ibrahimovic

Bench: Foster, Barragan, Redmond, Aguero
Taken the four point hit and taken out Aguero and Deulofeu for Lukaku and Hazard. Probably looking to get rid of Lamela next week on the free and going to wildcard Aguero back in in 3 week time.

Hoping Lukaku can carry some of his form from the internationals to the next few weeks...
No love for Bony here really is there? Not going Benteke just cos I don't trust Palace mainly.
Ive gone for bony cos don't know which of remy/benteke will be better. Did wildcard but still not sure both teams have had pretty poor starts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Went Ageuro and Redmond to Bony and Sanchez.

Why is Kante still in 20% of teams ffs.
Reply 716
Remy injured in training
Original post by scriggy
No love for Bony here really is there? Not going Benteke just cos I don't trust Palace mainly.

Don't need to. Benteke assisted or scored in 50% of Villa's goals.
Still no suspension on Gray?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by UnWise
Still no suspension on Gray?

He's available. Thank Christ for that.

Latest