The Student Room Group

What is something that you regret?

Scroll to see replies

I regret smelting down pandora jewellery
Not getting the help I needed for my MH sooner and getting a less demanding job.
Reply 42
Managing (or the lack of) my mind in certain ways to create dependencies that are now almost too strong to overcome and having a detrimental effect on my life,
Original post by jamesthehustler
I regret smelting down pandora jewellery

to extract what exactly?
I regret not getting tutors for my A levels.
Original post by retro_turtles
to extract what exactly?

the silver and gold content
I smelt a 14kt bracelet, 3 18kt charms and countless silver items before someone saw a pile of empty boxes and I said what I had done and they revealed my costly mistake
Reply 46
Original post by UWS
Not taking a dump before I left the house for work today

That is the best thing you've ever done, providing you pooped at work. GETTING PAID TO POOP IS THE BEST THING EVER
Reply 47
my biggest ragret is not getting a dog sooner
Original post by jamesthehustler
the silver and gold content
I smelt a 14kt bracelet, 3 18kt charms and countless silver items before someone saw a pile of empty boxes and I said what I had done and they revealed my costly mistake

Why? Even intuitively you must have considered the work put into the raw metal would have added some sort of additional price/value.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by I am 1/Cos(C)
Why? Even intuitively you must have considered the work put into the raw metal would have added some sort of additional price/value.

it was in an auction house I got if for less than the melt value and I just didn't have the platform for selling stuff on then so I took the quick route and added it to the melt pot
Reply 50
Original post by Goaded
That is the best thing you've ever done, providing you pooped at work. GETTING PAID TO POOP IS THE BEST THING EVER

Eww pooing at work... do you do this? :mmm:
Reply 51
Original post by UWS
Eww pooing at work... do you do this? :mmm:

Every morning :biggrin:
Original post by LifeIsFine
Can you explain please?

One day in third year I decided I wanted to get a first. I pushed myself way too hard and caused myself some health problems from the pressure/stress. I got the first, but wish I hadn't.

It was in no way worth it. No one cares what grade you got at uni and no one ever talks about it again. Get a 2.1 for grad schemes. 1st is only useful for carrying on into academia imo.

There's much more too life than being top of your class.
School.... I should of pushed my school to accept my grades from my previous school, not do what they said and sit back until after my first year 10 GCSE tests.... when it was too late :facepalm:

I know I was a 14 year old kid doing as he was told by his teachers.... but damn, hindsight is such a *****!
Not taking the chance to go to Russia on a school trip when I was 16. I was 1 of 4 students given the chance to go during my GCSEs but I didn't because I didn't know the other students very well.

Not sticking with French lessons when I was in nursery. I really wanted to go, so my parents sent me, then I had to speak French and I was shy and cried so my Dad didn't send me back. I'm taking up language classes at uni but it's so much harder to learn as an adult.
I regret giving a **** but RIP to that
Do tell the outcome

I lost out on this bid as well as I didn't go high enough during the last 10 seconds so i lost it by £10 however I found one on buy it now which is in mint condition including original box, earphones, and charger so its all good. should be here by next wednesday/thursday woo
Original post by Allie4
should have learnt a skill

preferably an instrument or some other talent like ballet

There are lots of places that do adult beginner Ballet classes nowadays.
Original post by fefssdf
I lost out on this bid as well as I didn't go high enough during the last 10 seconds so i lost it by £10 however I found one on buy it now which is in mint condition including original box, earphones, and charger so its all good. should be here by next wednesday/thursday woo

Awh yay! well thats good then.
Awh yay! well thats good then.

yeh after losing out on 3 bidding wars I lost hope and opted for buy it now, but was a bit stressed earlier as the seller hasn't sold much before so their payment is 'pending ' on paypal so had to try and convince them that they have to send it before the payment will actually go through !

Quick Reply

Latest