The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Business Studies Official Thread 2017

Hi guys, so for most of us college has started again and those reading this will probably be studying A2 Business Studies. The 2016 thread was made late this year, so i thought I'd make it much sooner .

As a little intduction to those who will be posting on the thread,

How did you do in AS Business Studies?
How are you finding Unit 1, Unit 2 and Unit 3 or Unit 4 so far?
Have you got any questions and do you need any help?

Also if you have any exam material or sample essays, just like i saw on last years i intend to make a database with all the model answers over the next few weeks, so just pm me or post on this thread.

Good luck with A2 Business Studies :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

I got an A overall in AS Business (Just, after a disastrous unit 1 exam :biggrin:)

How are you finding Unit1, Unit 2, and Unit 3 or Unit 4 so far?

At college we are doing unit 4 and to be honest the start of the unit be any worse because we're learning about globalisation, but the rest of the unit looks okay :tongue:
I got an A in AS Business (121 in total). :colondollar:

Weve started Theme 3 aims and objectives which is pretty mucn common sense. :smile:
Original post by BR1999

I got an A overall in AS Business (Just, after a disastrous unit 1 exam :biggrin:)

How are you finding Unit1, Unit 2, and Unit 3 or Unit 4 so far?

At college we are doing unit 4 and to be honest the start of the unit be any worse because we're learning about globalisation, but the rest of the unit looks okay :tongue:

When do you plan to start revising theme 1 and 2 again? Its important as content crosses over but a struggle to fit the revision in :frown:.
Reply 4
Original post by Bobby9444
When do you plan to start revising theme 1 and 2 again? Its important as content crosses over but a struggle to fit the revision in :frown:.

At the moment I'm learning unit 4 so I'm studying unit 1 alongside it. Today i revised unit 1.1.1 and tomorrow I'll do unit 1.1.2. And I'll switch to unit 2 when i learn unit 3 :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
At the moment I'm learning unit 4 so I'm studying unit 1 alongside it. Today i revised unit 1.1.1 and tomorrow I'll do unit 1.1.2. And I'll switch to unit 2 when i learn unit 3 :biggrin:

That sounds like a good idea, I might just focus on theme 2 whilst studying them 3 then. I hate theme 1 lol :biggrin:. What book dl you use to revise from?
Reply 6
That sounds like a good idea, I might just focus on theme 2 whilst studying them 3 then. I hate theme 1 lol :biggrin:. What book dl you use to revise from?

I don't use revision books. All i do is annotate the specification from memory and it seems to work quite well. I annotate it once during weekdays, at the weekend i annotate it all again and do some practice questions :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I don't use revision books. All i do is annotate the specification from memory and it seems to work quite well. I annotate it once during weekdays, at the weekend i annotate it all again and do some practice questions :biggrin:

That sounds interesting but probaly a good idea considering theres so few revision materials published. I feel like the whole course seems vague and im not quite sure how much detail to learn the content in :smile:.
Reply 8
That sounds interesting but probaly a good idea considering theres so few revision materials published. I feel like the whole course seems vague and im not quite sure how much detail to learn the content in :smile:.

I've given up being taught business i just teach it myself half the time. It's pretty much all common sense, except a few bits of terminology. At my college no one has a clue how to revise it. 5/180 people got an A and over half got a D or below :biggrin:
Original post by BR1999
I've given up being taught business i just teach it myself half the time. It's pretty much all common sense, except a few bits of terminology. At my college no one has a clue how to revise it. 5/180 people got an A and over half got a D or below :biggrin:

Im at a Sixthform and there about 8 people 2 of us got A's. I prefer just to learn it myself too. It just seems like a long list of advantages and disadvantages. What pther subjects do you do?
Reply 10
Im at a Sixthform and there about 8 people 2 of us got A's. I prefer just to learn it myself too. It just seems like a long list of advantages and disadvantages. What pther subjects do you do?

I know right, i don't even bother with half of them, just the concept is enough, after that it's just applying it to the scenario.

I also do economics (another linear one, which has just become insanely hard :angry:) and law. :biggrin:, what about you?
Original post by BR1999
I know right, i don't even bother with half of them, just the concept is enough, after that it's just applying it to the scenario.

I also do economics (another linear one, which has just become insanely hard :angry:) and law. :biggrin:, what about you?

I do chemistry and Biology.. Chemistry is insanely hard 😂. All three are linear. Do you find the econmics and business content crosses over?
Reply 12
I do chemistry and Biology.. Chemistry is insanely hard 😂. All three are linear. Do you find the econmics and business content crosses over?

The amount of crossover is ridiculous :biggrin:. All over unit 4 business is basically covered in economics :biggrin: and unit 3 economics is covered by unit 2 business :tongue:. But the only problem is economics and business contradict each other, which gets a bit frustrating. :frown:. But god 3 linear subjects, i couldn't do that, I'm just glad 50% of my law is on an A :wink:
Original post by BR1999
The amount of crossover is ridiculous :biggrin:. All over unit 4 business is basically covered in economics :biggrin: and unit 3 economics is covered by unit business :tongue:. But the only problem is economics and business contradict each other, which gets a bit frustrating. :frown:. But god 3 linear subjects, i couldn't do that, I'm just glad 50% of my law is on an A :wink:

Yeah thats the thing.. got to find time for all 3 AS subject revision aswell as A2 😓 at least the cross over helps a little haha!
Reply 14
Yeah thats the thing.. got to find time for all 3 AS subject revision aswell as A2 😓 at least the cross over helps a little haha!

Economics just seems to help with the analysis part of business :biggrin:. But i hate all this linear nonsense, i just want to forget all about entrepreneurs and those bloody motivational theorists, which i still don't understand :angry:
Original post by BR1999
Economics just seems to help with the analysis part of business :biggrin:. But i hate all this linear nonsense, i just want to forget all about entrepreneurs and those bloody motivational theorists, which i still don't understand :angry:

Haha I still dont understand what a market is 😆 theme 2 makes more sense to be honest with the calculations which dont seem anh harded than BTEC level 2 😂
Reply 16
Haha I still dont understand what a market is 😆 theme 2 makes more sense to be honest with the calculations which dont seem anh harded than BTEC level 2 😂

Don't underestimate BTEC level 2 i did one at GCSE in business :biggrin:. But yeah unit 2 is much nicer, just a sham i have to do unit 4 before unit 3 :tongue:
i got a B at as, was hoping for an A though :frown:
I got B and i was two mark of an A... theme 1 let me down, got C in that and really strong A in paper 2
Guys i need help on tge topic corporate cultural. I am so confused over it. I know the defination but i just dont understand the factors that make up the weak or strong cultural. The book talks about surface maifestation, organisational cultural and basi assumption. Can anyone explain these factors please??? 😣😣😣😣

Quick Reply

Latest