The Student Room Group

Heart Palpitations

I've been having heart palpitations for a few weeks now. Is there anything I can do to stop it?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been having heart palpitations for a few weeks now. Is there anything I can do to stop it?

Not really, go to your GP.
There is nothing you can do. Are you stressed? Did anything happen or change around the time you started getting the e.g drinking more caffine?*

You really need to see your gp asap? It could be something or nothing. Least you will know what is the reason is. Let us know what the gp said. Good luck. *
Reply 3
A lot of things can cause palpitations, but rest assured it's rarely ever anything serious that causes them. More often they are nothing more than a nuisance.

Stress, dehydration, exhaustion/tiredness, alcohol or caffeine consumption and hot temperatures are quite common causes and to avoid some of those causes would probably help you lessen your number of palpitations.

If they continue though, it's always best to get checked over by your doctor for peace of mind :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Thank you everyone I will go visit my doctor tomorrow morning.
I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. My brother has had heart palpitations for a while now, and we think it's due to anxiety; certainly nothing too serious. But by all means, definitely go to the doctor, to make sure!
Reply 6
Original post by Treblebee
I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. My brother has had heart palpitations for a while now, and we think it's due to anxiety; certainly nothing too serious. But by all means, definitely go to the doctor, to make sure!

I have been under a lot of stress lately.

That might be it, then :smile: In which case, just chill it and relax the strain a bit. I can't give better advice than that, not knowing the situation etc., but that tends to work :smile:

But, like I say, go to the doctor just in case :wink:

What is causing your stress?
Reply 9
Original post by Kutie Karen
What is causing your stress?

College work, family loss and bad relationship.
College work, family loss and bad relationship.

So any of these things now sorted? Is there any possible solutions to these things? Only till you deal with this stress will you feel well in yourself

Quick Reply

Latest